News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:39PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,122
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Last day!

Started by wheelspin, 12-01-17, 11:50AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lackofinterest

Quote from: OpShunned on 17-01-17, 09:51PM
Quote from: horatiocain on 17-01-17, 09:45PM
I've had the problem wheelspin is talking about, I've been hit by a customer on three separate occasions and they're never black listed.
When a customer is abusive in store they're ejected, but in dot com they expect it and don't care, I had drinks with a friend who's still working there and when he complained about customers being abusive he was told that it's his job to be abused, with people like this in charge why am I not surprised they can't hold on to staff.

The other supermarkets are going to poach all the good drivers with better pay and lighter workloads, then knly the lazy gits will be left and they'll get right along with management.

Why didn't you report it to police if you were assaulted (surely you owe that to your colleagues who may face the same assault)?

I cannot believe that any manager worth their salt would inform a colleague that it's part of the role 'to be abused'?

'Lazy gits' very rarely survive a manager's tenure, and going forward they will be found out and shaped, or shipped out?

this manager like countless others obviously isn't worth his salt

lackofinterest

Quote from: Equalizer87 on 17-01-17, 10:50PM
Yes, I too have had been told that "customer frustrations" ( abusive behaviour) as worded by a manager, is part of your role at Tesco. So I can vouch what others have said. It looks like the culture in Tesco now to leave staff at the mercy of intimidating and abusive customers.

Thank f*** I no longer work for them, and feel for those who still do.
but we're not allowed to get frustrated by the abuse we get from ar**h*le managers and ar**h*le customers!!!

Equalizer87

Not allowed to get "frustrated" by anything or anyone, Tesco or customers. Otherwise you'll  get pulled in for not "living the values of the company" or being "too negative" about it.

Biggest load of c**p I've ever heard.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

lackofinterest

values?  the company have no f***ing values. mickey mouse outfit >:(

lackofinterest

can anybody in all honesty find anything positive about this mickey mouse outfit anymore ??? ???

tut tut

They are very efficient at getting rid of good loyal staff and very good at sending customers to their competitors.... W***kers

lackofinterest

nah you're just being negative ;) :D :-X (-*-)

lackofinterest

supreme masters of their own downfall!!!  8-)

tut tut

You reap what you sow, GREAT companies will ALWAYS exist, with GREAT STAFF. Without good staff who work willingly to achive good standard's then you are a mediocre company that treats staff like slaves who give mediocre service. Unfortunately this once good'ish company has pushed its great staff out and is pushing the mediocre staff who are only there to earn a wage in...

wheelspin

Quote from: OpShunned on 17-01-17, 09:33PM
Personally, I wouldn't want to be leaving ANY company with such a negative overview of one's clients? If one harbours such negative thoughts about the general public in one's previous role, what is there on the future horizon to suggest that the public will be any more amiable when encountered in pastures new?

If you're embittered by the last set of employer's clients you might well be disappointed by the next lot? If you do leave this shower of shizzer it' s best to do it with a swagger and a smile, even if you paint a picture on this site. Society has changed.. people are less tolerant, patient, understanding, courteous, grateful, accepting that sometimes things go wrong. They have almost been made helpless by services that provide them with a click of a button 'here and now' lifestyle.

Wheelspin, you almost seem infected by the same c**p that has poisoned the general public.

I cant disagree with you on much there.  And to be honest, if it was not for that last customer treating me like dirt, I would probably have been in better form when leaving.   
    I guess I have been infected by lots of things that went on over the years.       
I could go on with a list of things that have happened. 
   But in truthful hindsight, the 1000s of pleasant interactions  with customers made the job quite enjoyable 95% of the time.  I always made good conversation with any customer who was will to listen.     Good days were great.     

I could not wait to leave though.   Where I am now, its hard to believe im being paid  for such an interesting day.     I never ever got that with Tesco unfortunately.   

redders

horatiocain

Lazy managers are all we had at our depot, here were ten doing the work of 4, badly.  It had become quite Joe how reeiculously the place was run, and as for not surviving they all had more hand a decade in the company as managers.

I now understand why tesco is as screwed as it is, I've known five good managers across 5 years, three were poached by other supermarkets after being overlooked for years, one left of their own accord for a different industry and the last in languishing for years being overlooked because he doesn't fit the tesco mold.

OpShunned

Quote from: wheelspin on 18-01-17, 06:55PMI could not wait to leave though.   Where I am now, its hard to believe im being paid  for such an interesting day.     I never ever got that with Tesco unfortunately.

There's many of 'us' waiting for the way out to be fair Wheelspin. Those interactions between the customer and 'us' that go pear-shaped are more often nothing more than frustrations with the company from both sides of the doorstep. Left to their own devices a customer would just be grateful that someone (you) had the decency to to deliver their shopping to their door and thereby save them the bother of attending store.

The company will lure the customers in with promises of 'perfect pickers' 'careful packers' thoughtful drivers, one hour (sometimes unrealistic) delivery slots. They dont tell customers that if the delivery fails they will be charged another 'full order' cost, pending a refund should their order be scheduled for the day after etc. I mean let's face it, if your order from any company, irrespective of what you buy, doesnt't turn up on Monday would you expect to pay a second time  for the same order to be delivered on Tuesday and be told 'I'm really sorry but your new order will be recharged to your payment card but rest-assured you will be refunded for Monday's order? How many people on a tight budget can afford that Mr Dave Lewis?

OpShunned

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3479904/tesco-baker-iced-i-want-your-sex-onto-hot-cross-bun-last-day/

Cheeky Tesco baker iced 'I want your sex' onto a hot cross bun on their last day on the job
The baked roll bearing the expletive message was found on sale at the Sheerness store in Kent.

X-rated buns  >:D

BlokeinBlue

Not sure if this is the most suitable place for this but here goes. This week I will be leaving Tesco after three years and a terrible last few months. I've already handed my notice in. A number of other members of staff have left recently but have not received Exit Interviews so I'm not expecting to have one either. I have heard that without an Exit Interview your colleague discount cannot be taken off you. I doubt this but does anyone know for definite if this is true or not please?

stockcontroller

can confirm I didn't have an exit interview and have still got my colleague card when I left last year. It still works too so that makes up for my s*** time at tesco I guess (not)  :D

lordadmiral

Well it's more to do with not processing information rather that they can't take discount card from you without exit interview.

by the way . If tesco hold ex employees in the system then how many people accually work for tesco?

Noan

I left on Monday with no exit interview. My discount card was stopped yesterday and also my logins for work and pay have been suspended so now I can't access payslips or p60. Went in today and they said they will manually request the documents and forward them to me. Said to them well I better give you my forwarding address seeing as I had no exit interview for you to take any details and I'm moving next week  >:D Really not impressed of how they have handled things.

NightAndDay

Quote from: BlokeinBlue on 30-06-21, 11:39AM
Not sure if this is the most suitable place for this but here goes. This week I will be leaving Tesco after three years and a terrible last few months. I've already handed my notice in. A number of other members of staff have left recently but have not received Exit Interviews so I'm not expecting to have one either. I have heard that without an Exit Interview your colleague discount cannot be taken off you. I doubt this but does anyone know for definite if this is true or not please?

Exit interviews are more typical in higher profile jobs than Tesco. Retail has a high, if not the highest amount of staff turnover across all industries, the value of an exit interview is to limit staff turnover, in most industries, a lower staff turnover is better, in Retail, a high staff turnover is more inconsequential because everyone is replaceable, except for Head Office and above.

penguin

My exit interview last year was classic, was done by another manager as my line manager was off at the time "So your leaving then, but any chance you can come back as a temp over Christmas as it could get mental if non essential retail is still closed" me "No chance" manager "Thought you would say that and I cant blame you but the S.M insists we ask anyone who leaves"

That was it, nothing about why I wanted to leave, just cant you come back and help over Xmas, I did tell my actual manager upon handing in my weeks notice why I was leaving was due to little chance to move on and being offered a better paying job elsewhere and he actually wished me well and explained why he himself was looking for a new job at the time.

Think my discount worked for about three weeks after I left and I could still log into inform for the same amount of time, still got the discount card but it now just functions as a normal customer Clubcard.

Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

lackofinterest

why give a feck about the discount card. i'd just be grateful that i would never have to step foot inside a tossco ever again!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk