News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:11AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 287
Total: 291

Last day!

Started by wheelspin, 12-01-17, 11:50AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelspin

Going in to do my last shift today.   
Nearly five years driving ..     

Mixed feelings.     Not the worst company I have worked for.   

And they picked me up in the depths of recession and unemployment.   But,  its going nowhere now. 

Sad and happy to be leaving.   

redders

Good luck wheelspin  :thumbup:

JL

Quote from: wheelspin on 12-01-17, 11:50AM
Going in to do my last shift today.   
Nearly five years driving ..     

Mixed feelings.     Not the worst company I have worked for.   

And they picked me up in the depths of recession and unemployment.   But,  its going nowhere now. 

Sad and happy to be leaving.

Best of Luck!

Do Stencho a video if you can.  :)

Equalizer87

Good luck Wheelspin,  there's a good life after Tesco.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

lucgeo

All the best to you wheelspin, hope you achieve all you wish for in the future :thumbup:
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

oliver

Good luck mate ,never look back i know so many people who have left and are so happy all they miss is the staff they made Friends with , I v

optout

I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Nomad

Best of good fortune and health to you Wheelspin, and thanks for you help.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

tumshie

All the best for your future, Wheelspin.

lackofinterest

all the best wheelspin. don't look back  :)

The Guvnor

Good Luck Wheelspin. Enjoy whatever you are going on to do.
The Guvnor

Dungivnatoss

wheelspin

Cheers.. 

What a last night...     Had the worst customer I have ever had in all my years with Tesco.    For my very last delivery!    Took pleasure in saying   ..

Well ..   I would rather not mention what I said..      ;D ;D

Will still be hangin around.     

mexicopete

Best of luck. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The worlds me lobster

PT21

Just on the topic of last days etc, regarding your notice...If you don't complete the full notice period what happens in terms of pay?

Stencho

six weeks consultation period. you get a quote informing you of approximate amount during that time . please read carefully. two weeks are deducted from your entitlement ( if you qualify for the whole 12 weeks you will get 10 ). this is the two week notice period you must serve. you will have a final meeting , you get the end date . After finishing work you pop off to sign on Aaarrgh!  (SPOILER ALERT) on the phone for an hour to make an appointment  then another hour when you sign on  ......what a   J O B

wheelspin

Quote from: PT21 on 13-01-17, 07:34AM
Just on the topic of last days etc, regarding your notice...If you don't complete the full notice period what happens in terms of pay?

I had no hols left after Chrimbo.   

So I could simply leave.   They cant withhold the last weeks pay without a massive union battle.   

But I gave them a couple of weeks as it may have screwed up my work mates. 

I traditional fashion in my store (flagship Irish store .. Naas Extra.)     I had no exit interview and got rostered for three 4 hour evening shifts in a row on my way out. Bringing my total hours to 31 instead of my norm 36+.   That meant no goodbye to my friends I have made over the years.    No goodbye from my manager or even a thank you for my work and positive changes I made to the running of the  department  over the years..   I drove on a B average and maintained a green reach report.   

The  last few nights summed up every reason I left the company.    All the best intentions with the poster campaigns that plaster the walls, but zero commitment at a manager level.    We lost a great manager on the last  manager rotation and wish she was there during my time leaving.   

It felt like leaving prison when leaving.     Refreshing.        Exciting time ahead  though        ..   

lucgeo

Yep that would be about right wheelspin,

The majority of tesco management show a total disregard to leavers. They seem to have a mindset that leavers are to be shown complete disdain in their final week ??? It's as if they take it as a personal insult that you wouldn't want to work for them anymore ??? Usually followed by mutterings of, " already replaced, won't be missed, blah blah blah!!"

A lot of my colleagues who have left in recent times, were also treated in this way, the majority were not given exit interviews, so most chose to e mail Dave Lewis to give their own exit interview. Stating their reasons for leaving, highlighting their many concerns, personal opinion of certain managers and the fact that they had been denied tesco's own honest and transparent policy, by being given a voice on their final day ;) ;)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lackofinterest

Quote from: wheelspin on 13-01-17, 03:18AM
Cheers.. 

What a last night...     Had the worst customer I have ever had in all my years with Tesco.    For my very last delivery!    Took pleasure in saying   ..

nice one :D. bet the ar**h*le's reported you and wants you sacked  ;D ;D

lackofinterest

Quote from: lucgeo on 13-01-17, 01:53PM
Yep that would be about right wheelspin,

The majority of tesco management show a total disregard to leavers. They seem to have a mindset that leavers are to be shown complete disdain in their final week ??? It's as if they take it as a personal insult that you wouldn't want to work for them anymore ??? Usually followed by mutterings of, " already replaced, won't be missed, blah blah blah!!"

A lot of my colleagues who have left in recent times, were also treated in this way, the majority were not given exit interviews, so most chose to e mail Dave Lewis to give their own exit interview. Stating their reasons for leaving, highlighting their many concerns, personal opinion of certain managers and the fact that they had been denied tesco's own honest and transparent policy, by being given a voice on their final day ;) ;)
i think the reason a lot of people don't get exit interviews is because the company don't want to hear the home truths that they are a s***e company to work for nowadays

wheelspin

Quote from: lackofinterest on 13-01-17, 11:18PM
Quote from: wheelspin on 13-01-17, 03:18AM
Cheers.. 

nice one :D. bet the ar**h*le's reported you and wants you sacked  ;D ;D
The real thing that does my head in is, that if a customer is rude or abusive in the store, they are ejected and invited to never return. 

But my  manager in dot com will probably refund their entire shop, pack the next one themself, and give then a gesture of good will with and extra tenner or a bottle of wine.    As well as their entire shop.       Fact. 

Just so the next driver can get abused and the same thing happen all over again.     With doubt on the driver s conduct.       
I hate it..       It upset me.    And the money was c**p.. really bad, way below the national average wage.
At the start I loved it.  But there was so may things building up   that its time to leave. 

I urge anyone feeling like this to start looking .      Dont waste what little life we have on this world dealing with this c**p.  Go and find something that interests you.   

redders

OpShunned

Personally, I wouldn't want to be leaving ANY company with such a negative overview of one's clients? If one harbours such negative thoughts about the general public in one's previous role, what is there on the future horizon to suggest that the public will be any more amiable when encountered in pastures new?

If you're embittered by the last set of employer's clients you might well be disappointed by the next lot? If you do leave this shower of shizzer it' s best to do it with a swagger and a smile, even if you paint a picture on this site. Society has changed.. people are less tolerant, patient, understanding, courteous, grateful, accepting that sometimes things go wrong. They have almost been made helpless by services that provide them with a click of a button 'here and now' lifestyle.

Wheelspin, you almost seem infected by the same c**p that has poisoned the general public.

horatiocain

I've had the problem wheelspin is talking about, I've been hit by a customer on three separate occasions and they're never black listed.
When a customer is abusive in store they're ejected, but in dot com they expect it and don't care, I had drinks with a friend who's still working there and when he complained about customers being abusive he was told that it's his job to be abused, with people like this in charge why am I not surprised they can't hold on to staff.

The other supermarkets are going to poach all the good drivers with better pay and lighter workloads, then knly the lazy gits will be left and they'll get right along with management.

OpShunned

Quote from: horatiocain on 17-01-17, 09:45PM
I've had the problem wheelspin is talking about, I've been hit by a customer on three separate occasions and they're never black listed.
When a customer is abusive in store they're ejected, but in dot com they expect it and don't care, I had drinks with a friend who's still working there and when he complained about customers being abusive he was told that it's his job to be abused, with people like this in charge why am I not surprised they can't hold on to staff.

The other supermarkets are going to poach all the good drivers with better pay and lighter workloads, then knly the lazy gits will be left and they'll get right along with management.

Why didn't you report it to police if you were assaulted (surely you owe that to your colleagues who may face the same assault)?

I cannot believe that any manager worth their salt would inform a colleague that it's part of the role 'to be abused'?

'Lazy gits' very rarely survive a manager's tenure, and going forward they will be found out and shaped, or shipped out?

Equalizer87

Yes, I too have had been told that "customer frustrations" ( abusive behaviour) as worded by a manager, is part of your role at Tesco. So I can vouch what others have said. It looks like the culture in Tesco now to leave staff at the mercy of intimidating and abusive customers.

Thank f*** I no longer work for them, and feel for those who still do.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk