News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:54PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,119
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 312
Total: 316

Some good news

Started by Faceandgo, 13-12-11, 08:12PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faceandgo

Use this topic to post links to good news stories.
take two cages onto the shop floor? not me i just faceandgo!(Administrator)

Time is too slow for those who wait
Too swift for those who fear
Too long for those who grieve  Too short for those who rejoice  But for those who love, Time is eternity.   -Henry Van Dyke

Nomad

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-4326812/Tesco-leads-charge-Britons-demand-local-goods.html

QuoteWaitrose and Tesco are leading the way in taking on more small British suppliers, according to a new report.

Buying British In 2017, by supply chain member organisation GS1 UK, said that of the major supermarkets, Tesco as Britain's largest retailer, has afforded the most opportunities to GS1 UK's new joiners over the past five years, trading with 33 per cent of them.

About bloody time in my opinion.

A read of the entire article does seem to suggest that some companies and customers are maybe giving UK manufacturing a boost, which can only be good for all UK citizens especially those of working age.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

JL

Good to hear there is some good work and people at Tossco.  :thumbup:

notsofunny

very good news, :thumbup: all it needs is for the others to get behind it, as well as us the shoppers ,

Nomad

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-tracks-down-hero-tesco-14276787

QuoteA grateful mum has tracked down a Tesco manager who saved her "dead" baby - using skills he learned on a first aid course.

Vishnu Samgi was on his way to work when he spotted a woman screaming that her baby had turned blue.

Eight-week-old Tommy Warner had stopped breathing and his mother, Charlotte-Louise, was convinced he had died.

But Vishnu, 23, saved the tot by giving him CPR and speaking to ambulance staff by phone as they raced to the scene of the drama in Leicester.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

fatboy

Nomad

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/norwich-tesco-drivers-save-customers-life-8294172

QuoteA pair of Tesco employees have been hailed heroes after saving a customer found fighting for their life.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Ex-Tesco worker gets £45,000 discrimination payout

QuoteCraig West, who is disabled, was made to spread his working week out over five days, rather than three, by the supermarket giant. He was subsequently dismissed but a week-long tribunal heard Tesco had discriminated against Mr West by proceeding with a formal absence management procedure.

A panel in Middlesbrough, Teesside, found Mr West was unfairly dismissed.

My congratulations to Mr West.

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

NightAndDay

Should be another 3 0s at the end of that.

Nomad

Success shadowed by sadness.

Former Tesco worker's Carlton bakery has people queuing outside the door

QuoteBaker Lorna Needham took redundancy from Tesco six years ago and "ran as fast as I could".

Wishing the lady good luck for the future.

QuoteLorna became the main breadwinner
sense of humour ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk