Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 05:17AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,127
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 321
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 293
Total: 293

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-shelf-filler

hot_chick

So has anyone had a letter yet with a payout for losing sundays?

Be interesting to see how many staff actually get any money!!

T.C.1

Well they have just announced double discount starting on the 29th of June so people who do get a pay out probably Tesco will get most of it back lol

hot_chick

sammy

It's posted on Our Tesco from Friday till the 5th July

How has there be no letters sent out they said June which there is only now 9 days left off. And this Sunday is the last Sunday of time and half

his scots tie

Letters going out from 25th if your lucky enough to get a payout.

Hammer10

If you get a payout it is on 27th July.

his scots tie

Yes 27th july for payout,letters sent out from 25th June

hot_chick

I see tesco direct is excluded in the double discount😈

As usual late with the information again.. letters should have been sent out way before the end of June if u ask me. Not that im expecting anything...

Red75

Double discount to cushion the blow of receiving nothing for the reduction in Sunday premium and to give the overpaid senior and store managers something to talk about, to put a positive spin on something that is negative. I just can't be bothered these days. I work on grocery and I'm kind of number 2 tins man. I do that on the days that number 1 isn't in and then I'm shunted from pillar to post on the other days. It can be stressful, most aisles are a mess, and it's hard work. I really don't care about Tesco. I hope to leave one day soon. Theyv'e treated their staff with contempt for years. How did they achieve their increasing profit margin - by cutting costs - mainly staffing - so a lot of us are having to work harder for our pittance of pay.

his scots tie

The way it should be worked out is the number of premium hours lost per month x 18.Thats to easy for the robbing b*****ds

Night Owl

I came across some old store reports today for the store l worked at in 2005, sales budget £425k wages budget £47k.
My current store has a sales budget of £480k and a wages budget of £37k.
Fairly easy to see where the increase in profit comes from.
Both stores are in fairl prosperous arras.

Hammer10

Quote from: his scots tie on 21-06-18, 05:03PM
The way it should be worked out is the number of premium hours lost per month x 18.Thats to easy for the robbing b*****ds
yes totally agree I think that's how it was worked out last year.Typical tesco change the rules to suit them selves.

notsofunny

Quote from: Night Owl on 21-06-18, 05:46PM
I came across some old store reports today for the store l worked at in 2005, sales budget £425k wages budget £47k.
My current store has a sales budget of £480k and a wages budget of £37k.
Fairly easy to see where the increase in profit comes from.
Both stores are in fairly prosperous arras.

Not really, It could be, if you can tell us how much the rates have gone up, or running costs of the store, then work out Inflation for the last 12 years, then things like self serve tills which would have cut down staff levels, cut backs on staff levels, as well as Team leaders, personnel managers and so on if you can work that out then it would be easy to work out.

Red75

What I would say is that from my experience of the department in which I work and from my conversations with management - staffing hours have decreased in the last couple of years. I don't doubt that automation and cuts to expenditure in other areas have increased profit margins. I would estimate that staffing levels on the grocery department on which I work have decreased by at least a third since we changed from nights to days. I have no doubt that these cuts in staffing levels are due to the business being forced to increase wages for it's lowest paid workers due to the rising minimum wage. I do think that the wages and bonuses paid to our leadership and senior management are excessive and out of proportion to the profits which the business is generating. Dave Lewis and the leadership of Tesco are big time capitalists, they only care about lining their pockets and their only solution to increasing profitability is to make cuts. The business continues to follow others rather than innovate. I just find Tesco these days to be a pretty nasty company but I don't pretend that many other large businesses are much different.

Red Rock

I'm at the stage concerning Sunday work as I don't really care to be frank; I work it as it suits my lifestyle, but the people that have gone from double time, time and half and then time and a quarter must be livid. 

People need to wake up and smell the coffee, there not doing for the good a benefit of those that work Sunday's, it will come that Sunday premium will be faded out.  Only my opinion.  But remember folks, if your not happy then I would find alternative employment as we're just numbers!

hot_chick

I'm one of the those who have gone from double time; time and half and now time and quarter! The whole thing p**ses me off! If I could get my hours back in the week I would but 'no' is the answer when I asked!!

I'm not expecting anything for the loss as I know tesco has screwed us over and they way they are working out the calculations!!
I'm not lucky enough to drop the Sunday hrs on principle if I could afford it I would never have gone to contract Sundays to begin with.  So at the moment I'm stuck on Sundays for time and a quarter!!

JL

They would rather take on new staff on daft 8 hour contracts than keep people happy and give them a decent amount of hours. The turnover of staff is getting pathetic now. You get the folks who have been there for years alongside a few university students looking for £80 drinking money.

barafear

£80 drinking money!!! Wow, things really have changed since I last went out.

In terms of Tesco (and other companies) preferring part timers or even "close to zero" hours contracts is two fold:

1) NICs - this is the Employers' National insurance that Tesco have to pay; this is worked out on an individuals weekly wage (or averaged over the 4-week pay period). Not sure of the exact figure - but it's around £675 being the limit before Tesco have to pay anything. So for all employees who earn less than £675 per pay period, Tesco pay no NI.
2) "overtime" - or additional hours - as in my eyes, OT should be paid at a premium. So a lot of this will be historic - so at the time that any hours above 36.5 were paid at time and half - it was beneficial for Tesco to have people doing 20 hours or less - and then allowing/encouraging them to do adiditional hours - but only up to 36.5!! Now that the time and half has been done away with - makes no difference - they give people fewer hours than they really want - knowing that they will readily agree to do hours when Tesco need them to do hours - rather than what particularly suits the employee. Of course, flexi contracts also help with this.

his scots tie

Got £1.80 paid into my bank account from Tosco.Is this for loss of sunday premium? LOL

cosmosmallpiece

Should not think so we don't get that if any till July pay day

sammy

I had £1.01 go in my bank today as well

Ducky316

I had £1.22 put into mine as well

Jadz420

his scots tie

Whats it for? Being robbed again no doubt.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk