News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:57PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,119
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 322
Total: 326

Hypothetical Question

Started by Nomad, 20-05-05, 12:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carebear

quote:
Originally posted by doesnt

carebear in what capacity were you telling the loaders to work as trained ?

stand up ,sit down,stand up,sit down

I dosen`t matter as to what capacity im in. I saw someone do somthing that put mine & others safty at risk. the case with the camra and this one are weeks apart and are not conected.

carebear

quote:
Originally posted by insane

Carebear typical mm tactic move the blame don't address the issue, do what I did in one particular instance and say ok lets talk to snr mm and hse and we can both face the music together.You did nothing wrong call there bluff their calling yours.

>:D "Do it TODAY.........cos tomorrow will never come">:D

Those who say it can be done better usually have a reason why THEY can't do it.

8)

I have the greviance went in the nexed day so I cant say to much more but im taking it all the way

fatty

I once took some photos of the staff restbite area as it was in such an appalling state. From the photos you could clearly see many breaches of health and hygiene regs. When i gave them to the store manager he went ape****. "Why had i done this?","what was i thinking?"etc. When i replied that it was the night management team who suggested it, he went quite. I also stated that i was happy to: send them to head office; the union; enviromental health etc.
    The point being allways have evidence to back up any arguement or statement that you give. A diary of problems at your workplace can be used as evidence in a court case. Or as a manager said to me, "if its not in writing it does not exist", thank god for log books! ;D
I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

I have an hypthetical thingy question  ???
what if you went shopping in a rival company supermarket in your uniform could you be open to some kinda of charge of bringing the company into disrepute as you are clearly making a statement to others that you work for $$%%$ but you would sooner go shopping elsewhere

Taking
Every
Shopping
Centre
Over
I pretend to work they pretend to pay me

thedarkside

Do it all the time m8), finish work go to adsa with the wife...meet a lot of the boys there too!

No one said anything yet....including senior mm((also there as well!) ;D ;D >:D

praemonitus, praemunitus

maggotbrain

Do it regularly as is my right.
In fact I left a bag behind in a rival shop the other day[:I]. The staff could not have been more helpful (let me replace everything after searching high & low). I caught the odd glance at my T logo but not a word was said. ;)
As long as you are courteous & respectful in your behaviour(as I would like to hope you all are) then this should not be an issue. :-[
If anybody is aware of a clause in their contract that prevents them freedom of choice in shopping then I would like to know.

REMEMBER, in the words of our all knowing marketing dept.(when accused of squeezing out the compet*tion) - "our customers have the choice where they shop". If freedom of choice for the customer is paramount, then as a customer you can hardly be pulled over the coals for actualising this freedom. ;D

If knowledge hangs around your neck like pearls instead of chains you are a lucky man

bushido

It used to state in the handbook (not sure if it still does), your uniform had to be covered up once you left the building.

Those who scream loudest are the quietest when action is needed
bushido  
Those who scream loudest are the quietest when action is needed
"Gentlemen, you cant fight in here, this is the war room!"

maggotbrain

Checked everywhere for this clause. Could not find it - just the one about disrepute.HR were nonplussed by this as they sometimes do the same.:)

If knowledge hangs around your neck like pearls instead of chains you are a lucky man

bloodhound

So,hypothetically speaking,if upon receipt of an urgent call from 'Er indoors to pick up some bread and a pint of milk on the way home and being in Tessers uniform because I've just finished a shift,it would be more suitable to go into the local Morrisons stark naked than to wear a company uniform?[:I]
surely not? ???
I can't help but think that this is just another form of 'free-time control' that seems to be encroaching on the way we live our lives.
so the powers that be are now looking at our leisure time drinking habits,our standards of dress and what we wear outside work as well as what our levels of performance are at work.
Errm...does'nt this sound a bit like a George Orwellian nightmare?
All pickers are equal but some are more equal than others?
Guess I'll be changing my surname to 'Smith' real soon then! ;)
;)Thank goodness it's just a hypothetical question;)..for now ;D

whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door!
Absolutem
Obsoletum
(Moderatum)

n/a

i think if you were a manager and a member of staff was having a go in here at you, i would take them to one side and talk to them face to face. if they cant say it to thier face how can they change for the better.

maggotbrain

Nightboy- that post flew straight past me - surely there is anonymity on this site(to some degree - some of us stick out like a sore thumb to anyone that knows us[:I])

I have even better hypothetical question, What would happen if you walk into your store wearing the Greatly desigened T-shirt VERY LITTLE HELPS.  I have thought about this, I haven't bought one yet!  but I would like to try it      :o      .  Must people would not know what it stands for, but the staff would :o . Do you think I would booted out of my store:-x  I have got the pen and a key ring I await a staff search. >:D

qball, I now make a point of always going shopping in my VLH t-shirt.  As a bloke it is quite disconcerting to have people staring at my chest, as though I have gigantic knockers :o   MM will give a sideways glance and look away in case you catch them looking :(   GAs seem to know what it is but seem afraid to ask[8)]  Twice though (strangely, at the lottery counter) I have been asked if it is a genuine web site or a joke      :o        My reply is always. "Oh it's 100% genuine, it's the Tesco site for Tesco people, why not log on and join in." with that I hand them one of my VLH 'business' cards ;D

Ratchet (Moderator)

A picture is worth a thousand words.  Send them to ratchet@verylittlehelps.com

qball006, from a previous post of myne.
quote:
I wore myne to-day as we had a "beach day" in store and a lot of comments were passed, But of a positive not. If their were a prize for the best dressed i'm sure i would have got it!
Staff were comming up to me and asking were i had it made (misinformed soles)so i advertised and promoted.
Well done Nomad.

All comes to he who WAITS!

The Mrs

I often wear mine shopping, raised eyebrows, stares, giggles, I get them all. Managers usually turn away and blank me.
Tugmaster and I also wore ours on the flight home from hols, thought we might get some international interest ...  ;)  ;D . Lots of interest at Dalaman and Gatwick.

The Mrs (Administrator)

Einstein

Went shopping in Sa***urys once on the way home in full Tes** uniform and not a word was said. I also know some Sainsbury staff who shop in my local Tes**, but only on their off days.

Einstein.

He who thinks wins, Sometimes
Einstein.

He who thinks wins, Sometimes

Ratchet, you should send a copy of your business card so I can pass it around store, see what kind a reaction >:D  I get, also to advertise this site more, ;)  I have also told a friend in Ireland about ths site, and she find it great.

The Mrs
Nobody of the management has ever said or done anything?

The Mrs

qball, on one trip I had to return a dress, there was a problem and the manager had to be called. I was blatant with my t-shirt ... shoulders back, arms at my sides ... he looked, didn't say a word about it.
>:D
What can they do? It's not obscene, racist etc ... and everyone has the right of peaceful protest.  ;D  

The Mrs (Administrator)

Stand tall and proud that you have the right to a opinion.

fatty

ON MY TRAVELS SPREADING THE "WORD" ABOUT THIS WEBSITE, I ALLWAYS STATE THAT YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR IF WHAT YOU PUT IS TRUE!
    MOST OF THE MANAGERS AT MY STORE HAVE READ THIS WEBSITE AND MANY KNOW WHO I AM AND WHAT I SAY. IM NOT WORRIED AT ALL, I CAN BACK UP ALL MY POSTINGS WITH EVIDENCE OR EXAMPLES.
I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.

So can I, fatty.  I would not put anything on this site if it were not true

ANY THING SAID ON THIS WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER FOR THAT MATTER SHOULD BE CONFIDENTAL.PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT SAY WHAT THEY WANT.WHEN YOU ARE ON THIS SITE YOU ARE NOT AT WORK AND THERE FOR NOT SUBJEST TO ANY DISAPLININARY ACTION. AND IM SURE THE UNION WOULD TAKE A VERY DIM VIEW OF ANY MANAGER THAT TRIED TO DO IT.

fatty

Sorry but you are inncorrect MIKEL74, you may be bringing the company into disrepute if you post something that is NOT TRUE or UNPROVEN. As for your arguement that it should be confidential its a public website, there for anybody to read. If we had no concerns surely we would be using our real names?
    Dont fall into the trap that anything you do outside work does not affect your employment status. Imagine if you will that you commited a crime, say an assault on a saturday night in town and it was reported in the papers. If that report in the paper stated that you worked for tesco that could be construed as "bringing the company into disrepute".

morgan

It wouldn't take much to work out who I am then!! Not many Out of Hours birds in this neck of the woods. Still, I stand by everything I say, & usually say most of it at work anyway!! I am concerned at some of the things I read on the site. It horrifies me that managers seem to be held in so little regard by so many staff. I am sorry that people like these exist in the company (and believe me I've encountered of few in the past) and very much hope that the job I do makes my own staff feel comfortable at work & that I go some way to making a small difference where I work. Wish I could do more.....

If you need a namebadge to know who I am, I don't need to know you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk