Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:00PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 285
Total: 286

Bakers, are you affected how do you feel?

Started by forrestgimp, 25-02-20, 07:17PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Morrisons offers job interviews to Tesco bakery workers at risk of job cuts

QuoteMorrisons has vowed to offer interviews to the 1,800 bakers at risk of losing their jobs following an announcement by Tesco to slim down its in-store bakeries.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Hammer10

They said this for counters fishmongers last year but had no vacancies.

Baker4life

Going to pop in my local to have a sniff around. I know it's all done online but can't hurt to adk

Bakersdozen

Quote from: Baker4life on 28-02-20, 09:55PM
Going to pop in my local to have a sniff around. I know it's all done online but can't hurt to adk

If you do check with the bakers what thier hours are, I'm pretty sure they arnt same shifts each week. The times/days change every week, they will have 6 weeks rotas up and your days of work and shift times will vary each week so you never know where you are

Baker4life

Sounds grim to be honest but worth a look

Dave Lewis

All Skilled Bakers are affected,  and semi skilled.  Reason being your job title is no more.   Fresh College is the new name,  this will support all fresh areas.  As keeping the flow with no more Bakery manager going to be  Fresh managers and fresh area manager

Bakersdozen

Quote from: Dave Lewis on 01-03-20, 08:07AM
All Skilled Bakers are affected,  and semi skilled.  Reason being your job title is no more.   Fresh College is the new name,  this will support all fresh areas.  As keeping the flow with no more Bakery manager going to be  Fresh managers and fresh area manager
A name like Dave Lewis and trying to say these new job titles as fact like you are him, yet spell the word colleague right. Nice try though with the scare mongering.

Dave Lewis

Sorry for the spelling mistake,  within weeks you will hear this,  like I heard from uncle Dave.

[admin]Admin has sent you an email, please respond.[/admin]

Bakersdozen

Any more info? Not that i believe it 😂😂

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

Bakersdozen

Hi all Baker's, I'm under the impression that the stores that are going to full back off that collegues have been offered redundancy packages up front. My question is to anyone reading this that if this has been you, has recent offers been in line with the VLH redundancy calculator? Thanks in advance.

Baker4life

Still waiting to see what it is. Hopefully next week. I was told it would be Tesco plus statutory but what that will look like is anyone's guess.

forrestgimp

Quote from: Dave Lewis on 01-03-20, 02:07PM
Sorry for the spelling mistake,  within weeks you will hear this,  like I heard from uncle Dave.

Problem with picking that name is you are not as anonymous as you think especialy not in this age of static ips for everyone. So should the real Dave Lewis (assuming your are impersonating him) decide he doesnt like someone using his name to cause Tesco problems the owner of this site could well end up with an order forcing them to disclose any and all information they hold about you.

My advice, Stop.

Redshoes

Quote from: Bakersdozen on 28-02-20, 10:05PM
Quote from: Baker4life on 28-02-20, 09:55PM

If you do check with the bakers what thier hours are, I'm pretty sure they arnt same shifts each week. The times/days change every week, they will have 6 weeks rotas up and your days of work and shift times will vary each week so you never know where you are

Many, many years ago we had redundancies open to all and loads of people left and went to the newly opened morrisons. It was not company wide redundancies, it was just our store. Anyway, bakers came in saying that the flour used in morrisons was of a grade that our place would not accept.  Within a year people were trying to get back, all ranks and depts. Morrisons was not good to work for. This infor is years out of date, we are a very different company now and I assume they are too but we started from a better place.

A big lump sum is hard to turn down. The decision is hard. I feel for those involved. I have made the choice to stay twice and I only regret it on the odd bad day in work but I chose not to gamble and even with long service I decided that that it was better for me to stay. It won't be the same for all, I know that. I did retain full time but to do so I chose to take a job in another store. I did not mind this though.

kaled78

we have 2 bakers that came from morrisons,because there was no set shift pattern when they worked for them,they both said if they are made redundant they will look for work anywhere except morrisons

Jethro

Quote from: Bakersdozen on 01-03-20, 02:19PM
Hi all Baker's, I'm under the impression that the stores that are going to full back off that collegues have been offered redundancy packages up front. My question is to anyone reading this that if this has been you, has recent offers been in line with the VLH redundancy calculator? Thanks in advance.

The vlh redundancy calculator is bang on, apart from its 12 weeks lieu instead of 8.

Bakersdozen

Quote from: Jethro on 02-03-20, 08:03AM
Quote from: Bakersdozen on 01-03-20, 02:19PM

The vlh redundancy calculator is bang on, apart from its 12 weeks lieu instead of 8.
so would I be correct in saying we would be due 4 more weeks pay on top of the calculater? If it's 12 not 8?

Is that a recent  change? I know it's 12 weeks in lieu by law if you've been contracted more than 12 years.

Bakersdozen

Quote from: kaled78 on 02-03-20, 07:57AM
we have 2 bakers that came from morrisons,because there was no set shift pattern when they worked for them,they both said if they are made redundant they will look for work anywhere except morrisons

Yes this is a big problem with Morrisons. It's a crazy system to work under if you ask me, seems like it would only work if you are happy to compromise your life to there beck and call. Yes you know rotas in advance but never having the same shifts/days off week to week wouldn't be an option for me with my family commitments.

Pollypest

When we got redundancy last May, we were given 12 weeks in lieu of notice, this may of changed, but when you go into consultation they should be able to give you full facts and figures. Hope this is of some help.

Welshie

I could be wrong but where the deli/counters staff not paid 12wks as counters were closing and there wasn't time for them to work the 4 wks notice that previous affected staff had worked ??

Samuel137

Has anyone actually had their 121 meeting yet?

Pollypest

I'm not sure about counters, we were stock control and apart from the redundancy package and 12 weeks notice,  I assume there were no alternative offers at the time on the table unless you were prepared to move stores.

Baker4life

Not having 121 meetings yet not sure when.

Bakersdozen

If Bakers do have any updates what your store specific changes are could we please update each other on here? From what I've heard almost all bakers will only accept full time contracts or redundancies.

The worst part about this whole situation is the not knowing, this is undoubtedly affecting  many people's mental health. For a company who like to be percieved as careing and supportive to colleges mental health it's very contradictory to prolong the process and keeping us on the tightrope.

Pimpernel19

Since dottycom has gone bagless I've noted less fresh bread being ordered, From customers that do order it endless complaints about bread sticks loose wrapped being left to slide around in what they see as dirty trays. Totally understandable.

Oldman

Quote from: Samuel137 on 02-03-20, 12:06PM
Has anyone actually had their 121 meeting yet?
121 meetings won't happen tilll all effected  have handed in availability forms

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk