News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:15PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Physical attacks/threats on staff.

Started by fatty, 04-11-07, 03:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mexicopete

A Tesco spokesman said " We are reviewing the music we play on our store CD player and it will no longer be including The William Tell Overture"  :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The worlds me lobster

gomezz

And in an unfortunate misunderstanding Usain has been banned from going to Rio!  :D
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Jack O

In a previous job, when I was younger and worked for a certain well-known chain of bookshops, we were ordered not to accept Scottish banknotes due to the large number of forged ones in circulation. One day a customer tried to pay with one and, when I explained that while I could clearly see it was a genuine note, I wasn't allowed to accept it because of the company's policy. "Well, this is my policy!" he yelled, ramming the hardback book into my face, breaking my glasses and giving me a nosebleed.

I went off the shopfloor to sort out the bleeding and explained what had just happened. "I'd like you to think about how you could have better handled that situation," she told me.

So I told her what she could do with the job, got my coat and walked out.

Oh, to be young and sufficiently unencumbered with rent and bills and stuff to be able to stand up for my principles like that again!

redders

Equalizer87

@ Jack 0

Well done for standing up for your worth. Too many companies ( Tesco included), blame the staff for the actions of a customer. It ridiculous.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

OpShunned

Tesco worker PUNCHED after staff refused to serve drunken customer
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/tesco-worker-punched-after-staff-12744654

When they apprehend him they should tie him to a post and let our colleague give him a good kick in the gonads  :-X

Equalizer87

This is why I never accepted Tesco's policy of 'not' defending yourself/ fighting with a customer. Since Tesco cannot guarantee my safety (which they never truly can), I will guarantee it myself.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

JL

Equalizer87

Tesco believing it can keep staff safe, which is not the case.

Bluevanman

As a dot.com driver I have been chased 5 miles in van by a 28yr old idiot who handbrake turned in front of me 3 times ripped mirror and reg plate off van was arrested for criminal damage on van , dangerous driving and resisting arrest he was sentenced to 16m in prison suspended for 2 years fined £600 (100 of that going to tesco for damage on van) his car was crushed and he had to take extended retest after a 2 year driving ban ..... biggest worry for store was could I come back in evening shift (as it was a Sunday split)

Had verbal abuse for parking in middle of roads numerous times

And 1 customer who decided to throw shopping at me when I refused to refund item she couldn't find even though she hadn't unpacked all her shopping next delivery to her refused to go in her house and she told me to shut the f up and deliver her shopping on plus side my driver manager has applied to have her blocked but it's not guaranteed as it's up to head office 

Equalizer87

Tesco are pathetic in their protection of staff. And certainly do not care about their well being.

Go off with stress, you'd be more than eligible for that.

I'm not sure as never did Dotcom, but I'm sure being a driver doesn't nullify  their "duty of care" towards you.

Davidcrosby

Wednesday last week the store manager and shift leader were both attacked in the store all because the shift leader asked where the chicken had gone which the customer was stealing. They had a massive brawl.  A man and woman attacked both of them.  The police were called but didn't come out till Friday.  Our area manager was on holiday so the duty manager for the area came.  Still though we are not getting any extra hours for guards. Second attack on staff in 2 weeks.  People don't want to come to work because fear of being attack.  It's becoming a joke.

JL

Who can blame them.

They should have CCTV constantly recording every member of the public and staff member for health and safety.

The only staff who will bother about being recorded are those not prepared to put in a shift.

tumshie

It's not worth challenging a shoplifter unless it is part of your job to deal with possible violence, and you have been trained for that.

VladPutin

Agreed. I've helped catch shoplifters before, including one charming individual who head-butted an off-duty copper in the mouth and knocked out several of his teeth.

I don't do it any more. If tesco are too cheap to pay for security guards, I'm not putting myself at risk to protect their stock.

Equalizer87

Never believed in going after/stopping a shoplifter, it's simply wasn't my job. Ever since watching a fellow colleague (when working at Sainsburys ) get stabbed for aiding a security guard, I've stayed away from it.

Your life and well being is worth more than Tesco.

FatFraz

Most are not trained or paid enough to deal with shoplifters.

Tesco do no care about staff/public safety. They don't have there cameras recording and have no security at times.

Wet floors/Boxes/Damaged Glass is not cleared up quickly...

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Nomad

https://staffslive.co.uk/2017/11/two-men-rob-tesco-store-and-attack-worker/

QuoteOne of the robbers assaulted a member of staff while they were loading the till.

Bad, but could have had more dire consequences for the staff member.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Metroboy17

Not so much attack for me however couple weeks back I this awful man complain to head office about me because I refused to refund him a product based on info I had from manager, I had a let's talk and so thought nothing of it as I was doing as I was asked, since then every time he's come into the store he proper stares me out, I mentioned this to duty manager and he/we just made a joke about it l, CCTV will back me up all the way as he will probably complain about me again even though we didn't converse in any conversation etc he's one of them types that think he's posh and just stubborn old man.
If he did complain again :/ and it wasn't report on the incident reporting even though I informed duty will I again be subject to a let's talk? After all with the new review process all these are stacked against u

lackofinterest

this tw*t could get you into big trouble because you can guarantee tesco will believe him over you every time. customer always right and all that testicles. >:(

Nomad

A shoplifter who spat on a Tesco employee while out of prison on early release has been returned to jail.

QuoteCameron admitted that on November 7, at Tesco Metro, he stole groceries. He further admitted assaulting Mark McDade on the same date at the same place by spitting on him.

He also admitted that he behaved in a threatening or abusive manner likely to cause fear or alarm, shouted and swore and threw a bag of groceries and acted in an aggressive manner.

Sheriff Brown told Cameron: "Spitting is a disgusting form of behaviour and you did that while you were out on licence."

What a nice person  :o  >:(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

JL

With all the nice customers, staff and bad decisions Tosco is like a sentence.

Secret1972

Does anybody know what a naked bakery consists of staff wise.

[admin]And that has what to do with "Attacks on staff"[/admin]

Nomad

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/armed-robbers-raid-tesco-express-14173466

QuotePolice are appealing for witnesses after an armed robbery at a Tesco Express store last night.

A pair of crooks stormed a Tesco Express store in Bromsgrove demanding cash and threatening staff with knives at around 10pm on Wednesday.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk