News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:37AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

The Hub

Started by beentheredoneit, 13-08-19, 04:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trolleyboy96

The hub/cctv system is fully connected to the checkout data and cash office system in regards to cash office it's around the self weighing part so a "hub" case can be reviewed when the till is lighter than expected. 

Using the hub search you can search via, till number, operator number, product, receipt number etc numerous search functions.

Ultimately the hub will connect to deli scales, car park parking cameras, incident reporting will be on there, even pda's so they can see manual reductions, I'm sure there's other systems I've mussed. But will connect to everything. 

Whistleblower

Why is everybody going on about cameras, everybody should know where every camera is and all the reasons why they are being used, this is part of the data protection act., every store should have a data controller, so any queries about cameras ask him/her

spacerman

Quote from: Whistleblower on 29-09-19, 09:56AM
Why is everybody going on about cameras, everybody should know where every camera is and all the reasons why they are being used, this is part of the data protection act., every store should have a data controller, so any queries about cameras ask him/her

And what if you ask who the data controller is only to have a blank expression given back?

Whistleblower

Quote from: spacerman on 29-09-19, 10:24AM
Quote from: Whistleblower on 29-09-19, 09:56AM

And what if you ask who the data controller is only to have a blank expression given back?
well you should not get a blank expression.because then they are breaking the law,read up on the data protection act 2018, ,, because when you do you will realise how many laws they have broken, I reported my store to ico , Don t put up with it,report them

Whistleblower

Under the data protection act 2018 I reported my store to ico for beaches to the act

1  management have to tell you where every camera is and the reasons why these cameras are being used.if you 've been told its for staff safety.pilfering by staff and shoplifters, they then can t discipline you for any other reason, and you must on your records signed that you have been made aware of above

2. At every entrance you must have a large sign saying that you are entering an area where cctv coverage is being used, so for example their should be a sign at the entrance of the warehouse, and these signs should tell you is watching with their contact details and how to contact them, 

My store has done  none of the above,

BinnieBob

Quote from: forrestgimp on 29-09-19, 07:51AM
They obviously have access to the back end system and can find out from the time and date what your login number is and its a short step to getting your name from that. As for the close up of your hands and till draw....... Afraid not it shows everything including the items being put on the belt.
How does that work after a shift is finished and you have clocked out?

forrestgimp

Not what you are asking? Everything on cctv is kept for 30 days so they can review it and see what you were doing anytime in that time frame.

lordadmiral

Quote from: Whistleblower on 29-09-19, 04:43PM
Under the data protection act 2018 I reported my store to ico for beaches to the act

1  management have to tell you where every camera is and the reasons why these cameras are being used.if you 've been told its for staff safety.pilfering by staff and shoplifters, they then can t discipline you for any other reason, and you must on your records signed that you have been made aware of above

2. At every entrance you must have a large sign saying that you are entering an area where cctv coverage is being used, so for example their should be a sign at the entrance of the warehouse, and these signs should tell you is watching with their contact details and how to contact them, 

Well we already received messages about what people do during work. For example using phone. Dancing on the aisle. Walking around and talking.....

Jobless

ohh well there is no cameras in the chill where i work  :)

whatajoke2019

If access to The Hub is being used to 'monitor' colleagues for having the audacity to acknowledge one another rather than Mr Smackhead who pays a regular visit to the meat aisle and helps himself to expensive steaks then it says it all in my opinion!

lucgeo

Quote from: lordadmiral on 30-09-19, 08:16PM

Well we already received messages about what people do during work. For example using phone. Dancing on the aisle. Walking around and talking.....

So it's the spy in the sky...got nothing to do with security etc...just reporting people to the management who should be able to manage these situations, without the aid of big bro!

Using phone...managers
Walking around and talking...managers
Dancing in the aisle?? ...nah! more likely running round like headless chickens, whilst the managers are on their phones, walking around and talking.

However, if a CA is reported for dancing in the aisle, they should be commended for being so upbeat! Unsure why this is a need to be reported to the store?? Seriously??

"This is an investigation into you dancing in the aisle, what say you??"
" It's proven by the CCTV footage, you were in fact, dancing in the aisle and we're moving on to a disciplinary for you being happy in work"  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lackofinterest

it's ok for managers to 'dance' at the front of the store for some charity thing! so if you wanna dance then carry on dancing :)

Thatgirl5618

I have just had a "hub" investigation. I'm Team Support on checkouts. A couple of weeks ago, a reduced item would not scan, the operator put their light on, I used inform app to reduce the item, it was fresh chicken reduced to clear. This generated a hub investigation, in my meeting I was told that, they could not see the reduction label and was questioned why I reduced it. When I explained that it was a reduction that would not scan I was told, they could not make this out on the camera, and accused me of reducing items, that should not be reduced basically. It was until they also investigated the operator as well, they concluded it was genuine.

Another colleague of mine also received a hub investigation as she was scanning items on checkout a 45p tin of fruit did not register. The hub also picked this up. She had been making conversation with her customer, hence why this tin of fruit was accidental not scanned. She was giving a warning, for failure to scan all items . So beware when scanning, make sure you scan everything, this even pick up a 10p item not scanned.

These are just 2 prime examples of Tesco watching everything we do.
Withing five weeks, 9 checkout staff, have had a hub investigation, the craziest was for a cashier, going to exchange milk for a customer (bearing in mind, her checkout was literally right next to the milk), she left her tills unattended for no longer than 10 seconds, and had a hub investigation, for leaving her till unmanned.

Even if you sneeze it looks like the hub will pick this up

optout

Has the hub picked up on any H&S issues, for example cages of frozen food out of cold chain?
Is the Hub there for purely financial issues, or is it to pick up the likes of H&S issues as-well?
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Redshoes

Leading on from a comment on another thread.
What about staff searches and the hub, are they still done?
Is the introduction of the hub related to speculation of some of the manager roles being reduced? Service manager role has been talked of in past few days?

NightAndDay

From the sounds of it, the hub is there to ensure compliance for work practices from floor level staff. In other words, to make it easier to dismiss people without having to pay out redundancy.

taliahad

Thatgirl5618, this is crazy, you can't run a company like that and they will not get the best out of their staff if they do.  What was the lady who got the milk for the customer supposed to say?  "Sorry customer, I can't I can't exchange that milk for you, even though it's practically within my reach, I'm not allowed off my till, this is procedure?"

We had a similar situation in our store when a dim witted checkout manager decided that checkout staff could not leave their till a second before the end of their shift.  That worked right up until someone stopped scanning, politely told the customer that someone would be along to take over soon and this was how tesco wanted things done.  After that incident, we went back to closing down at a sensible time.   

There is a nasty, nasty blame culture in tesco and it's very toxic. They would do well to remember that staff are also customers, so are their family, friends and neighbours and people talk and reputation gets around. 

forrestgimp

We just got it and its centered around tills and the waste cages. We got a load of new cameras all except 4 on the tills, the other 4 are 1 on the waste cage to make sure waste routines are being done 1 on the make up cabinets and it alerts cctv (the hub) anytime anyone put their hands near the makup and 2 on spirits one at either end again alerting cctv should anyone pick a bottle up.

We get a shed load of alerts for what seems just about anything including PFS which I was led to believe was not included but it is it also does dot com when they sell something expensive.

Preacherpauly

I'd be surprised if any store went through these steps for their staff. One manager was literally licking his lips at the thought of disciplining staff when the hub came in.

taliahad

Preacherpauley, that manager is a bully and bullies should be reported for bullying. 

Rumblerumble

2 weeks in and our Store has 6 Hub Investigations
One petty one for a cashier laccidently missing 1 item when scanning a customers shopping

madness

The other 5?

Long gone

Anyone else think that the "Hub" is just a ridiculous yet easy way to get rid of old full time staff for the most absurd reasons so that they get replaced by newer ones ?
" ok we saw you on camera talking to your customer on the till, that's now gross misconduct....you're fired"

NightAndDay

If dismissals have arose through the hub and the hub turns out to be breaking data protection laws, all the people dismissed through the hub will have a plausible case for unfair dismissal.

lordadmiral

Quote from: Rumblerumble on 15-10-19, 05:16PM
2 weeks in and our Store has 6 Hub Investigations
One petty one for a cashier laccidently missing 1 item when scanning a customers shopping
But how the hell they seen that. So they purposelly watched the cashier all the time? counted every item, watched every move?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk