News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:50PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,119
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 295
Total: 300

Dot Com Accidents

Started by I.AM_a driver, 22-12-06, 07:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Tinker

We call um WAD'S, Wannabe Artic Drivers. ;)

They wannabe but cannot be, especially when they see an artic in the yard, they just wanna show how good, or bad they are ;D ;D :D  :D

"There is no secret; there is nothing mysterious about a rucksack. All you need is money, passport, and a change of clothes. Forget the rest."

jb66

no way of tracing that video!

Bigfoot

The user profile on YouTube has another video of Lewes Bonfire Night. Guessing its going to be close by ;D

"Full load of banana MU's?"

jester

Either way, a bit of DIY. I'll give him an A for effort.  ;D

Ketchup does not hide pepper...

Bigfoot

Thing is, it wasn't even that badly bent to start with!    :P  

"Full load of banana MU's?"

I.AM_a driver

Maybe I'd better remove my youtube video from my personal account and start a new account under a pseudonym. Will post the vid once i'm done.

you shop, I drop
I.AM_a driver

I.AM_a driver

Not the best video going, but as director, cameraman and driver I suppose I have to take responsibility. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi9clcRREh0

you shop, I drop
I.AM_a driver

Little Tinker

Good advert for richard hammond to watch bless him  ;D ;D

"There is no secret; there is nothing mysterious about a rucksack. All you need is money, passport, and a change of clothes. Forget the rest."

fatty

Did he have EGGS on the delivery? :o  ;D

FATTY, (Moderator).
" May you live in interesting times."

I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

Little Tinker

Never mind eggs fatty, hope hes not carrying milk itl all be curdled  ;D ;D

8)  8)

Chairswan

Curdled ???  more like milkshake  8)

Now it's time to get the cloak & dagger out!

Psycho eyes (Moderator)

fatty

Shaken not  ???  ;)  ;D stirred

FATTY, (Moderator).
" May you live in interesting times."

I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

I.AM_a driver

After driving on the pot-holed roads in Edin, the suspension breathed a sigh of releif when I took it for a little drive along that track!

Nothing burst in that van, shopping or mechanical!

Its delivering to customers like that takes 1000s of miles out of the vans, can we refuse to deliver to such people?

you shop, I drop
I.AM_a driver

Chairswan

quote:
Originally posted by I.AM_a driver

After driving on the pot-holed roads in Edin, the suspension breathed a sigh of releif when I took it for a little drive along that track!

Nothing burst in that van, shopping or mechanical!

Its delivering to customers like that takes 1000s of miles out of the vans, can we refuse to deliver to such people?

you shop, I drop
I.AM_a driver

I would of thought somebody from HQ should take on some kind of assesment of the roads that local to your store taking account of the road conditions & what hazards an appear on a route or do they just realy on the locals to complain instead ??? :-x

An ordance survey map isnt that expensive or even look up their website. ;)

Psycho eyes (Moderator)

The Mrs

Wot no isotrak?  ;)  ;D

The Mrs (Administrator)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much. Walter Lippman

TONKA

I would like to apologise to the dot com driver, who was driving past a golf club near Wigan yesterday at about 14.45, I am sorry if my golf ball woke you up when it clattered of the side of your van after a very wayward tee shot

Tonka (Administrator)

Bring me a shrubery

Geezer100

LOL Tonka,
a bad workman always blames his tools.
Realises that I can't talk as I don't play golf
Ah s*d it.

I.AM_a driver

quote:
Originally posted by Psycho_eyes

I would of thought somebody from HQ should take on some kind of assesment of the roads that local to your store taking account of the road conditions & what hazards an appear on a route or do they just realy on the locals to complain instead ??? :-x

An ordance survey map isnt that expensive or even look up their website. ;)

Its not that important, the new Galashiels Extra will be delivering there again soon. The choice for that customer is use sack barrow with 60-70kg shopping, walk over their (homemade) suspension bridge over the river, then 300 yards along the path to the house. Either that or drive 6 miles; 3 round the road and 3 back along the track seen in the video.

If anyone asks, i'm working on the value "No-one tries harder for Customers".

And whilst I'm on that particular subject:
http://file013a.bebo.com/9/large/2006/07/01/20/7619691a1245688031b279828006l.jpg
Its a ford, through a river. Not too deep on this occasion, and yes it is me driving, the off-road training in the land-rover certainly helped.

you shop, I drop
I.AM_a driver

POA Billy

Loved the pic of the new hovervan ;D

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Chairswan

Maybe you'll be interested in this site:

http://vamp.idlers.org/~jaffa/

Psycho eyes (Moderator)

I.AM_a driver

Finally got a photo of the wall our poor old IVECO embraced.

http://file027a.bebo.com/10/large/2007/02/25/21/7619691a3715362493b806064643l.jpg

I should point out that the scaffolding would be 8 or 9 feet high on level ground....

you shop, I drop
I.AM_a driver

ali p

Ashby had one of their brand new vans written off last month driver still off with broken wrist cracked ribs etc he is a psycho but not all like that police not pressing charges a tesco issue. we all know what that means!
I had a couple of good minor sc**pes last year parked on hill for delivery behind parked car knew straight away handbrake not going to hold so left in gear while did delivery. Problem was whenpulled off  it's bit tricky doing reverse hill start no handbrake! best of it was mechanics had been in yard all night doing full works on them all and certified them all roadworthy!
The other occasion was with loaned van all drivers comented brakes not right i took it out one day had to stop sharp they let me go straight into back of someone wrote his car off. I got back to yard pullmans came out new pads wer put on within hour complete with discs 'cause pads had completely worn away and started to grind into old discs.

on slightly different subject does anyone know the new mobiles xda sort of thing is their tracking software or option likely to be used with them cause some of those xda's are capabable of utilising it

I.AM_a driver

quote:
Originally posted by Psycho_eyes

Maybe you'll be interested in this site:

http://vamp.idlers.org/~jaffa/

Psycho eyes (Moderator)

Seen it thanks. Look under 'Scottish Borders' and scroll down to West Linton. I have a few more photos to send them, keep a look out on the same page.

you shop, I drop
I.AM_a driver

The Mrs

Tesco van overturns

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/localnews/display.var.1350551.0.tesco_van_overturns.php

The Mrs (Administrator)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much. Walter Lippman

Chairswan

I take it this chap was in a hurry then ???  >:D

Can anybody tell if these vans are THAT top heavy[?]

Psycho eyes (Moderator)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk