News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:23PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 290
Total: 291

Bakery ovens

Started by Baker1961, 05-07-19, 01:01PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samuel137

To be honest, fingers crossed that they do. The sooner the better, can't speak for others but our bakery is falling apart and has been for a long while.

Samuel137

Store manager got asked by one of the night bakers if we are gonna be getting rid of the scratch bakeries and he replied with saying "all I can say is I'll only know 5 days before it's made public if it happens"

jonty

Has anybody had their bakery convert to bake off because of unrepairable bakery machinery?

Hammer10

No but our SD keeps moaning about quality of bread ,what does he expect when ovens over 10 years old and never maintained don't know about anyone else if your oven at home don't bake right you buy a new one.

jonty

I'm not sure about the ovens but according to an engineer we had out from Miller's Vanguard, the machinery we have to make bread is no longer manufactured thus if there's no parts available, no repair and going bake off is what happens.

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt but nothing seems to be happening to fix our issue. It may just be T trying to find a cheap solution but you never know these days.  :P

Biscuit tin

It'll all be bake off soon. After the cull last year it's inevitable. The bakers who got out with redundancy had the right idea.

Mennsa

Here's hoping for next April. Our plant bread machine has just been recommended for scrapping. It still just works but can see us doing it by hand until they make a decision on getting rid of us.

Hammer10

What redundancy we never got offered it.

Mennsa

Hopefully the timing will be better and no one eats anymore bats!

Biscuit tin

Quote from: Hammer10 on 22-08-21, 02:34PM
What redundancy we never got offered it.
Well every other skilled baker did. And 75% of them took it. Doubt they'll offer it again. The skilled element will just go onto protected pay for a few years, then any Tom, Dick and Harry can throw some frozen bread in the oven.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk