Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-04-24, 07:00AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,338
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 110
Total: 111

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer10

Can't wait for wmty to come out I hope everyone puts in the comments section how they really feel.

surlaroute

Quote from: Hammer10 on 09-07-18, 02:37AM
Can't wait for wmty to come out I hope everyone puts in the comments section how they really feel.

I actually will this time... in fact, before that, I will actually make sure I get to do it this time, because like team 5s, payslips, saver booklets, pay revisions, and all other information we're supposed to magically know, they have stopped telling us about it in the past couple of years. But this year they don't know what's coming...

Spongbob

It makes no difference what the results are that's why they cut out all the awkward questions  like has your job got easier  they are not interested  in staff I get no information  no yearly review nothing

surlaroute

well usualy once a year I have to sit down and write "something" which always feels ridiculous on nights cos whose head even if they're meant to be working is really screwed on that much at 3am? So I usually write the same stupid sh*t like I am happy to continue working for Tesco this year I am so clear on what sucks I could write it in my sleep I am going to write that I am concerned at the way certain changes have (not) been communicated to me and physically disrupted my life - like, maybe we're wrong about what this next pay day will bring (I don't think we are) but I have still lost sleep over it, I'm still losing sleep over it. Even if I wasn't deliberately bringing my bare minimum to work right now (which I am, no way they're getting my best anymore) they wouldn't be getting my best, cos they are F-ING WITH MY HEAD.

lucgeo

Well maybe this year we should state in  the comments, please refer to VLH website for the true reflection of feelings amongst your workforce, across the country.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

his scots tie

M360 Wonder what M360 views are on having to take a five month pay cut,because of premiums going in july and not getting rise to cover loss till November.

JL

Quote from: lucgeo on 09-07-18, 08:12AM
Well maybe this year we should state in  the comments, please refer to VLH website for the true reflection of feelings amongst your workforce, across the country.

Our night lead said the results were horrendous last year and hopes they improve this year. But over the last year it has got far worse. Do I write the same as I did last year plus the new things. Probs won't fill it in atoll because they can be arsed doing anything with the feedback.

sfo

That was part of the big 6 that they failed on hence giving us a lower bonus than the year before - what a company!!!

cosmosmallpiece

I am not being funny but has anything changed when you have given a bad view point what ever they call it these days . NO because they dont care . And also now all the people who have has this fantastic pay rise will be happy so no chance will it be a bad one. >:D

Rad

Quote from: sfo on 09-07-18, 11:56AM
That was part of the big 6 that they failed on hence giving us a lower bonus than the year before - what a company!!!

No it wasn't.  It was missing our stretching profit targets and individual regions service results.

cfaw

One of my colleagues has just got his letter. Works 7.5hrs sundays only. Only getting £30

Because 2 years ago where they are taking the "pattern" he had an extra day contract and did loads of overtime during his gap year!

No overtime available for him this summer so far so hes been truely shafted!

Loki

Becomes more outrageous by the day >:(
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

bugsbunny

Equalizer87

Do you expect anything more from Tesco???
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

sfo

Just got new contract £16.20 less than last one .was told to sign it before having a chance to read it. Told the manager I would not sign because the weekly amount was less. he said  that if I don't sign I can't work for Tesco. I asked him if he wassacking me because that constitutes unfair dismissal. He made some comment about the law which I didn't quite hear. Spoke to a few people that got contracts yesterday and they were threatened with suspension if they didn't sign immediately. I the end I said I needed time to consider . He gave me week . Unfortunately most people rolled over and signed. I'm going to put a grievance in and encourage others to do the same

bugsbunny

Ask your manager to put it in writing as you want to take legal advise on  it and you want to discuss it with your store manager and personell. He trying to scare you. Or sign it and say you are signing under protest and Mr X insisted that you sign it but you do not agree with your wage cut.

Loki

You got a right to compare it with the old contract held on file, and be given an explanation as to why you are given a new one and take 4 damn weeks to sign it! Furthermore, if you are worse off with no compensation, then you have the right to submit a formal grievance, after all, was it not promised that you would receive a cushion payment? No mention of a 5 month bloody gap!  >:(
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

JL

Sign the contract as per the TMs request and write at the bottom 'refer to last contract for accurate weekly rate'. If you are given a WMTY score the place low on all aspects. File grievances, take sickies and work at a a snails pace.  :)

sfo

No way I'm signing a document that isn't correctlet him sack me and I'll go to a tribunal

his scots tie

Agree with everything loki and others are saying.But at the end of the day this shower of s*** are not changing your hourly rate,they are changing your premiums which you have agreed through collective bargaining.As regards the payout they are doing that in an underhand way,and comparing pay when it was at £7.62 .Leigh day tried to do something when premiums went from double to time and half but no success.To be honest looks like just to have to go with it im afraid.

sfo

There's no mention of premium on my contract just my weekly pay . Also no mention of hourly rate . perhaps they should rewrite the contract

Hammer10

This company will get theirs one day .

barafear

Myself and my colleague (eventually) received our letters on Sunday.
We both work Sat and Sunday only. I work 5.5 on Sat and 5.75 on Sun. He works slightly more on a Sat (think it's about 6.25) and same on Sunday.
However, in the past (which happened to cover the reference period of Nov 16-Nov 17, he did fairly regularly overtime - normally on the Sat**day.
Both of us generally work the BHs too - I generally don't do very long shifts (average around 5 paid hours) - he sometimes does very long shifts (upwards of 10 paid hours) - however, due to him not having a car, he sometimes misses some BHs if the bus isn't running.
He's been at Tesco longer than me - so he was affected by the change from 2x to 1.5x. He got a payout of £2500 for that change.
In terms of the "eventually" - I was on AL on the weekend when the letters allegedly arrived - so when I returned last weekend (Sat**day) , I expected to be approached with my letter (having missed out the official handing out ceremony when I was on leave). However, no sign. I asked my "Team Support" (I work on the tills) - they knew nothing about it - eventually  the manager arrived about 30 mins before the end of my shift - she said hello and carried on walking - I managed to catch her at the end of my shift - I asked her if she had a letter to give me - she said no - ask my Team Support if there's anything in the draw - I mentioned it should be hand delivered by my manager and referred to the cuts in Sunday/BH premiums - "oh yes" she said......I'm in tomorrow - we'll do it tomorrow.
Anyway - she wasn't in till 3pm on the Sunday - my shift finishes at 4 - cut a long story short - myself and my colleage agreed to a joint handing out ceremony - she handed us the sealed envelopes whilst flapping around (in the SM's office) trying to find the blurb she needed to read - so I filled it in for her!! Eventually she found the right printout - asked if we had any questions - and I asked whether I could have an exact breakdown of how it was worked out - and if it was worked out to include a pay rise in 5 months time, how could that be fair?
Whilst she was talking both me and my colleague opened our letters - my payout was pretty much as I expected - I'm losing about £2 a week (from Nov 18!!) - so 78 weeks/18 months of that came to around £150 - clearly the £2.20 ish of lost premium will actually be "lost" by me before Nov 18 even comes .....roughly 13 working Sundays - losing £2.20 an hour and I'm already down by more than £150!!

My colleague had a big shock - I'd told him to prepare for much less than his previous £2500 payout - but even I didn't expect what he got - £26!!!

When I explained to him that any "non-Sunday" overtime he did during the reference period effectively cancelled out his cushion payment, he was a bit upset to say the least - he also mentioned that the Sunday rate he earnt when joining the company in 1999 was higher than what he got paid for last Sunday, it highlights the changes!!!

But it all fell on deaf ears - all the manager wanted to hear was "did she deliver her message correctly? Did we understand?"

Unfortunately, the bigger picture is .......get a job with someone else. We all know we've been stitched up - and unless the legal action works - we have to accept it - we're not irreplacable - and Tesco will just employ some keen students etc. to whom £8.18 an hour is loads!!

sfo

imagine walking into Tesco, filling a trolley and the checkout person says "that's £227.66 please". You say "how does it come to that much ?" She hands you the receipt and look it over. You then say " I've got my own system of working things out - here's a fiver put the change in the charity box"

Shaunacy01

Can anyone tell me when the dates are for the calculations for managers cusion payments please .
Can I also ask General assistants and managers when you work a  bank holiday do u get minuses 7 .5 hrs before you get paid bank holiday pay will only apply if contracted .
Thankyou

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk