Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
25-04-18, 01:22PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 75479
  • Total Topics: 1556
  • Online Today: 104
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: End paper payslips  (Read 19365 times)

Gorgonzola

• VLH Supporter
Re: End paper payslips
« Reply #25 on: 11-01-18, 06:19PM »
temised pay statement.
(1)
An employee has the right to be given by his employer, at or before the time at which any payment of wages or salary is made to him, a written itemised pay statement.
(2)
The statement shall contain particulars of—
(a)
the gross amount of the wages or salary,
(b)
the amounts of any variable, and (subject to section 9) any fixed, deductions from that gross amount and the purposes for which they are made,
(c)
the net amount of wages or salary payable, and
(d)
where different parts of the net amount are paid in different ways, the amount and method of payment of each part-payment.
Employment Rights Act 1996

CoffeeGate

• Regular Pain
« Reply #26 on: 11-01-18, 06:34PM »
Managers have only been able to access online slips for a while now, to be honest im not surprised if this is true, Tesco will no doubt spin it as 'saving the environment' by reducing paper or something along those lines.
I for one prefer being able to view online but 100% understand there is a large portion of the workforce who wouldn't know how to access them. I foresee queues a mile long on the day before payday as people form a line for their manager to download and print off a payslip for them.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #28 on: 11-01-18, 08:06PM »
be intresting to see what happens to the books of c**ppy vouchers they give you each month if this rolls out

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #29 on: 12-01-18, 10:40AM »
I believe by what I have read that to 'roll it out' the minimum they would need to provide is the means in store, or elsewhere, to view and print them out.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Jerrymouse

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #30 on: 12-01-18, 10:54AM »
Im new to Tesco and so got first pay today but no payslip, I've sent there is a tesco onsite payslip site but it does not recognize my 4 digit employee card off clocking in card

Where do I find employee code if I never get to see first payslip?

thanks

cityboy

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #31 on: 12-01-18, 11:47AM »
Jerrymouse, I've worked at Tesco for a long time, and I can't answer your questions, but ask an experienced colleague to help you, if they don't know themselves, they will find out, I can assure you of that. Otherwise, ask your Union Rep.

Morris999

• Smart Arse
« Reply #32 on: 12-01-18, 12:07PM »
Jerrymouse, payslips are often a couple of days late, so if they are not instore today they have normally arrived by Monday.
Regarding online payslips, to access this you actually need your paper payslip, whereas there will be a code at the bottom which will allow you access to it!
I believe this code changes every payslip until you actually use it.

Monkeymagic

« Reply #33 on: 12-01-18, 05:58PM »
What a fuss about not having a payslip, maybe we should reopen the small windows where you can have cash passed through in a small envelope, for those of us not in the 21st century yet😀

GasMonkey

• Regular Pain
« Reply #34 on: 12-01-18, 06:21PM »
@Monkeymagic And what happens if you need to produce payslips from previous months for something like a bank loan , mortgage ?

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #35 on: 12-01-18, 06:45PM »
no one will be able to get a mortgage at tesco with all the low hour flexi work

GasMonkey

• Regular Pain
« Reply #36 on: 12-01-18, 06:52PM »
@Weed And that is incorrect

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #37 on: 12-01-18, 07:30PM »
or should i say you wont be able to get a half decent amount.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #38 on: 12-01-18, 08:52PM »
What a fuss about not having a payslip, maybe we should reopen the small windows where you can have cash passed through in a small envelope, for those of us not in the 21st century yet😀

Which quiet often had your pay details on one side, but why stop there just give out 2 packets of rice, parsnip, leek and a jar of value sauce  8-)  :P
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #39 on: 12-01-18, 09:09PM »
be intresting to see what happens to the books of c**ppy vouchers they give you each month if this rolls out

Voucher booklets will continue to be issued on payday as usual after this change, despite what people think the books and payslips are not printed in the same place.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

David1

« Reply #40 on: 13-01-18, 07:18AM »
I don't usually comment but online payslips are common in many industries/businesses.
You can log on and review previous payslips usually for 12 months but some employers allow a longer period.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #41 on: 13-01-18, 07:57AM »

Royal Mail still pay their employees weekly, and they post their wage slips to their addresses weekly. 21st century, big corporation  ;)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Monkeymagic

« Reply #42 on: 13-01-18, 08:48AM »

Royal Mail still pay their employees weekly, and they post their wage slips to their addresses weekly. 21st century, big corporation  ;)

Maybe so, I’m kind of making a comparison when we used to be paid cash weekly then overnight practically were told ‘oh, now you’ll be 4 weekly paid into your bank’. Just had to deal with it, (did you notice the TRUMP tone😆)

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #43 on: 13-01-18, 10:02AM »
I don't usually comment but online payslips are common in many industries/businesses.
You can log on and review previous payslips usually for 12 months but some employers allow a longer period.

Hello David1

How's the payslip looking.

Global Moderator Comment Line deleted, off topic.

Chojac2412

• Know All
« Reply #44 on: 13-01-18, 12:24PM »
I object to having to print out own payslip. When the option first came in they said that they would put a terminal in every store so we could print one out if needed but that never happened. I object to paying for the ink and paper. Not everyone is set up to print from home, even if online, not everyone has a printer.
I think the company need to look at the whole print thing. We get lovely colourful briefs come down in block colour but has anyone ever told those in the ivory towers that we never print in colour from store. Even though we don't print in colour it is still using black ink and often a total waste of paper with just a heading on one page with block colour. With the amount of communications that come down daily this all adds up.
The payslips have block blue colour. The communications have block colours. I understand how things stand out more if presented like this but we only need the detail. I know that a print only version can be found for many things online but last time I looked, I must admit this was years ago, a print only version was not available but even if it was would this be clear to the majority.
We can claim a small bit of tax relief for washing our own unifirms, can we also claim if we now need to print our own payslips.

Blackcat3

« Reply #45 on: 13-01-18, 03:30PM »
Jerrymouse you need your employee no which is 8 digits to register for online payslips I think

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Justice is the sanction of established injustice
Life is a monstrous demented gag. Madness is the emergency exit.
I will not reply to unsolicited PM's.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #47 on: 14-01-18, 11:54AM »
Very interesting, good find.  The right to a written/printed payslip on or prior to being paid seems undeniable.  At the very least the employer would need to provide those who are without PC and/or printer a private area at their place of work to view/print their payslip, and probably also including those who do not wish to use their own home equipment and/or materials for what ever reason(s), at the least not without some compensation for wear and tear or consumables.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

stockrotateman

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #48 on: 14-01-18, 12:17PM »
On the wage slip site, every time the page is opened it comes up with the do you want to keep printed wage slips or not then asks for your choice. Anyone with a bank account or utilities accounts are always being prompted to go paperless, which is the individuals choice, bringing this in Tosco without giving employees a choice of yes or no is asking for trouble,in the event of an employee going to a tribunal to resolve a pay dispute and explaining the problems of obtaining a printed wage slip which Loki points out the employers must provide.

cosmosmallpiece

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #49 on: 14-01-18, 04:41PM »
Looks like they are going to do it  brief has come down .