News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

23-04-24, 09:13AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,400
  • Total Topics: 637
  • Online today: 235
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 229
Total: 232

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optout

Is this 'help desk' that people are talking about, the 'customer service desk' or are these two different things :question:
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

directcollegue

hi everyone i have worked on the direct desk now for ten years on October 14th. We were told this week we are to be made redundant.....or change job.....NO FULL TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN STORE....also further slap to the face they have taken on 8 new staff for the store yesterday {we were not offered these hours or positions} so in effect they have taken our jobs!!!!!!!!!!  The direct .com is now being shared between csd  and gm. the till is on csd......NO help from union.....they said that as no additional hours have been given to those departments then technically they haven,t taken your job role.  Yet in 2 weeks time the new heat maps are being released and i bet they will have additional hours to cover the direct till  and to do collections/returns for the direct desk    FUMING ++++++ STRESSED+++++++ proves yet again we are treated as a number not a person and no consideration for all the hard work we have given Tesco over the years :'( :( :( :( :( >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

TheViking

Take the money and don't look back

Equalizer87

I agree with the above statement, take it and get out of dodge.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Me2015

Yup, take the money and don't look back!! Good luck!

FatFraz

Best getting out of this sham of a place while you can. But it is easier said than done if you have a bills to pay and many wont be able to find a job straight away. Dave Lewis knows exactly what he is doing but he is not being open and honest as it would have too much impact on the business. By the looks there is not going to be one role unaffected by his plan. It is going the way of McDonalds. No hours, low wages and few that stay. Our night shift took on lots of staff on 1,2 and 3 day a week contracts and already people are leaving as they can get more hours and the same/better money elsewhere. Instead of training the new staff the managers leave them to it and when they cannot complete the job a good staff member has to finish the job.

lackofinterest

its only going to get worse in the future. in my opinion anybody given the chance to escape with a payout should grab the money with both hands and run, and never look back. people willing to leave rather than wait for possible redundancy says it all

FatFraz

Yes escape while you can.

For most the redundancy will only keep the mortgage/rent going for few months.

It could take people long to find work.

optout

I repeat

Is this 'help desk' that people are talking about, the 'customer service desk' or are these two different things (http://www.verylittlehelps.com/Smileys/verylittle/question.gif)
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Redshoes

Optout

My understanding is both. The helpdesk that is going is in Cardiff and it's the one that helps with customers problems with electrical, tv's computers etc and I think mobiles. It's moving from Cardiff to another call centre. 
Then there is something also going on with the desks in stores. If a store is big enough to have several desks they are being combined into one and called combined. Some stores have done this ages ago.

terra

Several years ago around 10 I think they started combining CSD and Kiosks into a combined desk..they stopped it because customers hated it...people with complaints hated being behind others wanting a lottery ticket or cigarettes and people wanting cigarettes and lottery tickets hated waiting behind people with long winded complaints...why is now different...because it is a way of saving money..sod the customer

Drivingmissdazycrazy

Output
This is do do with the combined electrical and direct. The customer service desk will have to do alto more including electrical returns etc. There will be a non manned kiosk with a call a colleague set up. The customer will type in their order number and it will page a non food member to get their parcel.
This means that the electrical desk will no longer exist and a seating will be in place!!
If had my 1 2 1 and now to decide if I'm staying on another dept depending on hours I can get or take the redundancy deal 😣😣😣😣😣

Does anyone know who gets electrical items for customers, and things like games, where do they go in this new set up.  Would it be the csd or this new checking area. The electrical colleagues have access to the lock up and there are very few shop floor or csd staff.

Essexgirl

We are also on 45 consultation for desk closure.
HR haven't a clue of any vacancies in store so we are having to wait for them to find out.
Glad redundancy is an option as someone nearing retirement is going to gain and good for them.
For others who have several years left to work, this is a very awkward situation,we always say we would get out but when faced with the option it is rather frightening.
I know as a company they really do not care about long serving staff as they know some other mug will do the job.
Decision now, do I want to be that mug?

Drivingmissdazycrazy

Essexgirl you are not alone. It's the scariest thing ever. But fingers crossed when the time comes we will make the right decision. The amount of people coming to me and saying the wish they were offered redundancy have no idea how scary it really is! X

Arizonarugby

That is very true, a number of my ex colleagues were very vocal in saying they'd jump at the chance of redundancy, but when push came to shove , they grovelled shamelessly to keep their jobs )stabbing others in the back , in the process)

Drivingmissdazycrazy

Arizonarugby
Yeah there is a few like that at my place too. And just the ones that want some gossip to start some Chinese whispers...
I was off for a week and a certain person. Asked a college of mine where I was... the reply had me in stitches..
"We are not allowed to talk about what happens or even mention her name, it was awful" then left it there....
Of course she questioned everyone about it until I got back.off my week off!!! Hahaha her face was a picture... time to winde up the talkers 😉😉😉

Drivingmissdazycrazy

Anyone know when redundancy gets paid please?

Tom Hardy

You should have the date in the letter you are given when you sign to say you are taking redundancy.

In my case payday was a week after I left but had to wait for the following months pay date for the redundancy.

Essexgirl

We had our first one to one meetings two weeks ago and are still waiting for HR to find out our redundancy package or any available jobs in store and the hours.
Feel we are not being helped in any way.

Tom Hardy

We had the redundancy figure from head office a day after asking for it in our one to ones.

Essexgirl

Obvious some stores HR are more on the ball than mine. If it wasn't written on the notes in front of them, they wouldn't have had a clue for any of the answers to the questions we asked.  I just think it's disgusting how they tell you that you are a valued member of staff that they don't want to lose but then don't help you to stay in the company.

Too busy employing flexis to be bothered with us obviously!  >:(

Drivingmissdazycrazy

I had my redundancy offer 2 days after asking essexgirl. I hope you have yours by now. So after 15 years with the company I have decided to leave. I'm gonna miss the staff more than anything (well the ones I like anyway)
Scared of the unknown and what happens next but fingers crossed it's the right decision.  :'(

Docqueen

I took redundancy in May after 16years, I was very lucky and got a new job within a week, the pay is less but NO stress, best thing I ever did, good luck to you all, hope everything works out for you 

galictica

When Tesco supposedly quit night-shift in our store, I was offered redundancy which I accepted. 3 weeks later I was asked to return to the store to sign paperwork and get what I was owed. This deal was backed by my union A.O. I waited patiently in the training room for 30 minutes only for the A.O. to walk in and tell me the deal was off. "you have broken the confidence of this deal and told the staff the amount you were being offered and the head of personnel is very angry" Total shock and anger and I think you can imagine the language was not very nice. The A.O. offered no further help and instructed me to return to work (I had been off work since the redundancy package was offered) I point blank refused and instructed the A.O. I would be taking legal action immediately. It took me about a week to send Tesco letters of intent and then the A.O. got back in touch with an invitation to a meeting in another local store to see what agreement could be reached. I attended this meeting with my solicitor and was told immediately that was not acceptable which I just laughed off.It took about an hour of me and my solicitor sitting in the canteen but eventually the A.O. came back to say the head of personnel was willing to give me a "Compromise Agreement" to the same amount as the Redundancy package and I went in and signed a few forms and agreed to come back in 3 weeks time to collect my back pay and agreed termination of contract fee. Of course Tesco being the liars they are and with the backing of the A.O. the deal ended up me being given paperwork that I had resigned from the firm so blocking me from claiming the benefits that I should have been entitled to. I ended up claiming "Carers Allowance" at £62 per week / 35 hours for an ill friend. This lasted for 7 months but sadly came to an end for other reasons. I'm now claiming job-seekers this past 2 months and no sign of getting a job locally. I've applied for many jobs and the standard reply is "sorry you did not meet the criteria" I've asked what this criteria may be but I suspect it's likely to be my age (61) that is stopping me being offered work. Thanks to Tesco, I lost my job and any money I received has been used up during the past 9 months as I supplement my benefits. Tesco have never quit the night shift in my store. There is now a young guy doing exactly the same job 10pm - 7am on the freezers. I met the guy 2 weeks ago and he told me he was shifted from another store a few weeks after I left. Of course I have a legitimate case for legal action against the firm but I have no desire to waste any more time with these liars. I was not alone in being treated so poorly. Others just left and started in a job they had lined up, which was great for them. Two actually got a great redundancy package but I've no idea why they were treated differently. I miss working in Tesco as the staff on our team were great but the management were totally useless. The Union failed to be of any assistance to staff over the 8 years I was employed and I was constantly being asked for help in any dispute. Maybe that's why I was literally kicked out the door.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk