Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-07-18, 02:06AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 78489
  • Total Topics: 1637
  • Online Today: 94
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 66
Total: 70

Author Topic: Carrier bags  (Read 3749 times)

evdama

• VLH Supporter
Carrier bags
« on: 10-08-17, 01:45PM »
As usual no info from Mgmt,now we have customers asking,what is the situation with dot com when 5p bags go?
Will there still be yellow and red ones?

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
Re: Carrier bags
« Reply #1 on: 10-08-17, 03:28PM »
It's only instore shopping that the 5p bags are stopping dotcom is not changing.

just curious

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #2 on: 12-08-17, 10:56AM »
So once again the real shoppers - customers who visit a store and actually do there own shopping are treated differently and are discriminated against compared to the Dot Comedy shoppers who already get the best dates , freshest goods , etc etc . Why should there be a separate policy for these customers ?

BrownEyedGirl

« Reply #3 on: 12-08-17, 03:35PM »
Couldn't agree more, Toscos prefer their online customers to rank and file customers.

It stinks.
« Last Edit: 12-08-17, 03:36PM by BrownEyedGirl »

OpShunned

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 07-09-17, 10:26PM »
PMSL The s***bags(EXCUSE THE PUN)

So Paying Drastic 4 million was absorbed by creaming 3.4 million off the public, who he wants to 'shaft a little more every day'  >:D

When the bag charge is 10p presumably they can skim enough off to fund Matt the twa tt;s and Alun Stewart's wages too?

Him, Matt (love my Chester) and Alun Stewart truly are the retail robber barons?

They put Dick Turpin to shame the sheis ters  :D

=================================

Tesco takes admin charges from charity plastic bag scheme

Only big grocer to take cut of donations under government initiative

Tesco has taken more than 10 per cent of the proceeds from selling carrier bags for charity to cover administration costs — the only big supermarket to take a cut of donations under a government scheme to reduce plastic bag use.

The grocer generated almost £32m from selling carrier bags, according to government figures on donations made in the year to March, but allocated £3.4m of the sales for its administrative costs.
https://www.ft.com/content/c954b6ce-93bc-11e7-bdfa-eda243196c2c
« Last Edit: 07-09-17, 10:30PM by OpShunned »

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #5 on: 08-09-17, 11:54AM »
Another disgraceful act, now they are stealing off charity initiatives.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

blutopia

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #7 on: 08-09-17, 06:21PM »
The cost savings from the far fewer bags being used should be used for admin purposes, not raiding the charity donations.

Flatout

« Reply #8 on: 08-09-17, 08:41PM »
I assume that now Tesco has got rid of the 5p bag, they will keep all the money from the more expensive, but probably more profitable bag for life. Does anyone out there know if these bags come under the government scheme??

OpShunned

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 08-09-17, 11:01PM »
Administrator Comment Post deleted. Please do not circumvent the profanity filter. Nomad
« Last Edit: 08-09-17, 11:04PM by OpShunned »

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #10 on: 01-11-17, 07:49PM »
I assume that now Tesco has got rid of the 5p bag, they will keep all the money from the more expensive, but probably more profitable bag for life. Does anyone out there know if these bags come under the government scheme??

I don't think the Government said the 5P charge had to go to charity , think it was more something the Tesco/morissons/asda , decided to do . or did I miss that part ?

Also the 10p charge money will still go to Charity , but from what I have seen not many people buy them , and most have got used to bringing  the old ones with them , :)