Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
23-10-17, 03:34AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 71814
  • Total Topics: 1564
  • Online Today: 99
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 71
Total: 75

Poll

The beginning of the end ?

Yes
(72.9%)
No
(14.4%)
Maybe
(12.7%)

Author Topic: Job losses, out sourcing etc.  (Read 21584 times)

Drivingmissdazycrazy

Re: Job losses, out sourcing etc.
« Reply #75 on: 09-08-17, 07:11PM »
Fruitdog all.electrical and direct desks are going! We are getting out meeting next week. Looks like there will be nothing in store with hours so I will prob end up taking redundancy 😣😣👊 (-*-)

fruitdogs

« Reply #76 on: 09-08-17, 11:10PM »
Interesting. We were told yesterday our desk was staying and would probably get even busier.

Drivingmissdazycrazy

« Reply #77 on: 10-08-17, 09:35AM »
What set up Is in your.store?  Clothing /electrical combined or direct/electrical. Dave Lewis in one of his statements said it is about making it simpler for the customer in which he described what is happening. I guess it all depends on store layout is?
Restructuring hours on non food too with deliveries being less frequent. Let is know if anything changes for you  ??? ???

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #78 on: 10-08-17, 09:52AM »
I thought the plan was for just 1 desk in stores on the guise of making it easier for customers.

Drivingmissdazycrazy

« Reply #79 on: 10-08-17, 10:35AM »
That's what we were told. But I have to say 6 months ago we were told the same "the desk is staying" now look at us.

Thevamps

« Reply #80 on: 10-08-17, 01:52PM »
We had our desks taken out last year,just one desk now for everything as you come in the store.Staff either took redundancy or cushion payment after accepting less hours on other departments.Also non food night fill went, now filled by day staff who start at 6am.

Mickymouse1962

• Regular Pain
« Reply #81 on: 10-08-17, 02:41PM »
Big security meeting yesterday

blablabla

« Reply #82 on: 10-08-17, 06:02PM »
What was the security meeting about? Does anybody know

Openandhonest

• Know All
« Reply #83 on: 10-08-17, 11:39PM »
Are they tupe transferring Tesco guards?

Mickymouse1962

• Regular Pain
« Reply #84 on: 11-08-17, 09:00AM »
Wouldn't surprise me if Tesco guards sold to TSS

Lolly pop

« Reply #85 on: 11-08-17, 09:52AM »
With all changes to structures and job losses it seems odd to me that the security manager role exists. If each person on department did their job or was managed for not doing so routines and processes would be correct. Security managers job is duplication. In stores without Security manager services look after it.

Shaz12300

« Reply #86 on: 11-08-17, 07:51PM »
i don't think tesco could sell security staff to tss as they are an agency

Essexgirl

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #87 on: 11-08-17, 11:11PM »
Fruitdog all.electrical and direct desks are going! We are getting out meeting next week. Looks like there will be nothing in store with hours so I will prob end up taking redundancy 😣😣👊 (-*-)

We have been told our desks will be going but are still waiting for our meetings.
The managers keep telling us there will be no redundancies as we will stay on GM even though there have been loads of people employed on short hours recently.
Our canteen is also being taken over so several of us are very worried about what will happen as several of us work 30+ hours at the moment.

Drivingmissdazycrazy

« Reply #88 on: 12-08-17, 11:59AM »
Essexgirl  will let you know what happens next week but if they can't find a suitable job roll with the hours then I believe they have to offer redundancy. As you physical job roll will no longer be there. I'm not surprised anymore by the secrecy behind it all now but it's our lives that are being changed and alot of people don't seem to understand that.
It's not the same working environment anymore and hasn't been for years but I do know that it is the staff that make it bearable.

Openandhonest

• Know All
« Reply #89 on: 12-08-17, 01:21PM »
They understand but just don't care. It has always been the same.

I tried to get time off for a close family members wedding and management words were "they will think about it"

They will not be getting asked the next time. You try and do the best for them so that they can have as near to ideal schedules.

It just turns into a kick at you.

Batmanjo

« Reply #90 on: 13-08-17, 12:21AM »
Essexgirl  will let you know what happens next week but if they can't find a suitable job roll with the hours then I believe they have to offer redundancy. As you physical job roll will no longer be there. I'm not surprised anymore by the secrecy behind it all now but it's our lives that are being changed and alot of people don't seem to understand that.
It's not the same working environment anymore and hasn't been for years but I do know that it is the staff that make it bearable.

it doesn't seem possible to make redundancies on the Direct desk when the job will still be there on the CS desk has nobody challenged this with the union ?? As the direct desk will be expected to be run by CS staff who are already undermanned. All these cuts will implode the company as customers use Tesco for the staff mainly!!

disillusioned

« Reply #91 on: 13-08-17, 12:59AM »
The direct/electrical situation in our store has become the usual recent tesco fiasco of lies, confusion and empty promises, we were told in january that the electrical and direct desks would be made into one desk with no job losses then suddenly all the electrical/direct staff were told their jobs were being done away with but that other jobs would be found for them elsewhere in store, 1 week later they were told that no jobs were available,  1 week on from that they have been told that maybe there will be jobs for them,  now they are in limbo, redundancy has been offered as an option,  we are told that the new direct/electrical operating system will involve pagers being given to non-food staff, a call button will be installed at the direct desk and when a customer needs served they will press the button and the members of staff with a pager will be notified that someone is at the direct desk waiting to be served .

Essexgirl

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #92 on: 13-08-17, 11:39PM »
Really confused about the desks closing. Pick from store starting soon, loads of GM staff being employed  and half of our desk staff never even had a meeting with store manager to say we will be going.
To be honest, we are hearing more gossip from people who don't even work on our department.
I even asked HR the other day and they say they don't know what's happening. Absolutely disgusting as this involves our lives!
Seems we will be shafted yet again.
Offer us redundancy, most of us want out now!
Worse company I have ever worked for.

lackofinterest

• Smart Arse
« Reply #93 on: 13-08-17, 11:53PM »
of course hr aka pm know. they are told not to let people know, as it may cause disruption. totally agree on the " worst company ive ever worked for" score

Openandhonest

• Know All
« Reply #94 on: 14-08-17, 12:11AM »
Really confused about the desks closing. Pick from store starting soon, loads of GM staff being employed  and half of our desk staff never even had a meeting with store manager to say we will be going.
To be honest, we are hearing more gossip from people who don't even work on our department.
I even asked HR the other day and they say they don't know what's happening. Absolutely disgusting as this involves our lives!
Seems we will be shafted yet again.
Offer us redundancy, most of us want out now!
Worse company I have ever worked for.

By the sounds meetings are to follow. Loads of staff at times get taken on before departments close. If the SM is disorganised and hasn't told you when he should it is a few more days wages for you as this is the start of the consultation. Tesco is famous for gossip and people knowing your business better than you.  HR will not say a word as they could be dismissed. The SM is the same. It is not worth the great wage they are on. I agree it is disgusting and people will literally be ruined.

fruitdogs

« Reply #95 on: 14-08-17, 11:42AM »
Our Direct Desk has just been relocated. We still receive many parcels and take a considerable amount of money. Our GM collection from Store starts this week. I said, that would mean job losses for us. I was told 100%, categorically our jobs were safe (always worry when they say that). At least this year, oh well,they'll use me until Christmas, tidy up in January and then get rid of me. They won't announce anything before Christmas to keep us working.

Openandhonest

• Know All
« Reply #96 on: 14-08-17, 12:54PM »
A lot of staff in my store were told they are safe for a year, a lot of good a years employment is to anyone.

fargone

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #97 on: 15-08-17, 06:56PM »
They'll just drop it on you.

Drivingmissdazycrazy

« Reply #98 on: 28-09-17, 08:05PM »
Essexgirl
Well I will be finishing at the end of next month! I have been offered redundancy.
I went for an interview yesterday and today found out I got the job!
So after 15 years in store I will be going.
I hope you get sorted x