Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
22-10-18, 09:19AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81178
  • Total Topics: 1710
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 83
Total: 87

Author Topic: Sunday premium check  (Read 9699 times)

Sillysod

Sunday premium check
« on: 11-01-18, 10:02AM »
Hi all ,
Just need to check my understanding of Sunday premiums.
I know they change in June 2018 to time and quarter ,the question is are they still time and half for team managers ?
Thanks in advance

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
Re: Sunday premium check
« Reply #1 on: 11-01-18, 11:45AM »
Time and a half for every one.

Belligerent Ghoul

« Reply #2 on: 11-01-18, 12:59PM »
Managers are yet to have their pay review. So they will remain on time and a half when general assistants go to time and a quarter.

captain

• Smart Arse
« Reply #3 on: 11-01-18, 07:51PM »
Why should it remain at time and a half???

When double time went down to time and a half, team managers went down to time and a half, so in June team managers will receive a "sweetener" payoff and go down to time and a quarter just like everybody else.

Why should they be treat any different???

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #4 on: 11-01-18, 08:12PM »
Because they haven't had a pay review yet....

Though I suspect it's coz they are planning bigger changes to managers pay/roles

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #5 on: 11-01-18, 08:52PM »
They still have to role out Shift Leaders to complexed stores. LM might end up like the express DM.

minion

« Reply #6 on: 11-01-18, 09:08PM »
Managers remained on double time for a few months after the rest of us went to time and a half.  I suspect the same will happen when we go to time and quarter.

PeteonMeat

« Reply #7 on: 13-01-18, 02:49PM »
Managers in our store were told that time and a half was staying for them as they do Sunday duties

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #8 on: 14-01-18, 07:36PM »

someone told someone told someone,,,,,,,,,,,, Just like when someone said D/M would not be going, or sunday rates would not change , or night workers would be staying ,,,,,,,,,, :(

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #9 on: 14-01-18, 09:30PM »
in June team managers will receive a "sweetener" payoff and go down to time and a quarter just like everybody else.

Will general assistants be getting a sweetener?

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #10 on: 14-01-18, 09:35PM »
sweet f all as usual

Sillysod

« Reply #11 on: 15-01-18, 12:29AM »
Thanks to all that answered my query ..
As for the sweetener later in the year I doubt very much there will be one .
As for line managers going to shift leaders that could happen but we will all have to wait to see what comes out of the meeting on Thursday !

captain

• Smart Arse
« Reply #12 on: 15-01-18, 09:18AM »
in June team managers will receive a "sweetener" payoff and go down to time and a quarter just like everybody else.

yes, if they are contracted to Sundays, can't remember the exact details

checkoutmonkey

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #13 on: 15-01-18, 10:01AM »

They'll work out average pay based on the last year and if a GA is found to be losing out because of the changes then they will receive a payout. probably only people who are contracted just sundays or near enough just sundays. I worked out that I'll be £2 a week better off overall so no payout for me!!!

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #14 on: 15-01-18, 11:00AM »
Is it not a Transition payment of 18 months diffrence of pay after the 16p per hour pay rise in july.This will leave me about £46 per month worse off ,plus of course not getting the benefit of 16p per hour pay rise.

Slave64

« Reply #15 on: 15-01-18, 02:19PM »
I've been moved to vision express, I'm contracted for Sunday, my last meeting with pm was told I would also move to time and a quarter but even though Tesco staff gets a buyout vision express is not giving me one! So much for the tupe process, shafted again, if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it please.

Hopetscoshutsdown247

« Reply #16 on: 03-02-18, 10:22AM »
Any idea when we get a payout for our loss of earnings? Thanks 

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #17 on: 03-02-18, 12:17PM »
Going by 2016 it will be in July

Hopetscoshutsdown247

« Reply #18 on: 03-02-18, 12:26PM »
Thank you. Do you know how to post a topic? Id like to find out if there are any plans to cut more night shifts anytine soon.

Global Moderator Comment Nights to twilights topic

Global Moderator Comment Please read VLH Supporter Benefits

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #19 on: 03-02-18, 12:33PM »
Judging by m360 posts who seems to be in the know there will be no more night shifts going in 2018.To post a topic you have to be a VLH member,well worth it ,miles better than usbore

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #20 on: 03-02-18, 12:36PM »
I've been moved to vision express, I'm contracted for Sunday, my last meeting with pm was told I would also move to time and a quarter but even though Tesco staff gets a buyout vision express is not giving me one! So much for the tupe process, shafted again, if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it please.
Would have thought under TUPE you should be entitled to double time for sundays untill Vision Express buy or come to an arrangement to pay time and a quarter.

Hopetscoshutsdown247

« Reply #21 on: 03-02-18, 01:09PM »
Global Moderator Comment Wrong thread. Please see the moderators additions in your previous post.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #22 on: 03-02-18, 02:28PM »
Would have thought under TUPE you should be entitled to double time for Sundays until Vision Express buy or come to an arrangement to pay time and a quarter.

I would expect them to carry on paying you as per your contract, you went over on Tupe terms, which mean that your Tesco contract went over to Vision exp.  At that point what ever Tesco did does not concern you and your Contract, you need to point this out To Vision, and also contact Tesco,  but not on the phone, or in person which you say you have done.  Send an E mail to them both CC each one in turn.

Also if you are part of the Union contact them, on top of that contact others in other stores and get things going, I was Tupe over A very long time ago and for all the years I was with Tesco my terms benefits were protected.

leah80

« Reply #23 on: 23-03-18, 11:59AM »
Does anyone know the situation with pay rises this year for managers, and what is happening with Sunday premium dropping from time and half? Thanks.

specialgravy

« Reply #24 on: 27-03-18, 08:52PM »
if there is to be a sweetner for those contracted to sundays, then would it be the case that if a shift leader did not receive this payment he/she could argue they are not contracted to sundays and opt out of working that day without losing any hours? asking for a friend.... 8)