Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
22-10-18, 08:35AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81178
  • Total Topics: 1710
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 76
Total: 81

Author Topic: End paper payslips  (Read 35662 times)

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
End paper payslips
« on: 10-01-18, 11:56PM »
How does everyone feel about the company ending the option of paper payslips from April 2018 forcing everyone to view their pay online?

KAZ

Re: End paper payslips
« Reply #1 on: 11-01-18, 12:30AM »
What?????????? >:(

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #2 on: 11-01-18, 02:07AM »
banks and utility companies still give you the option. i think its a disgrace. f***ing ar**h*les  >:(. whatever happened to freedom of choice?

weebee

« Reply #3 on: 11-01-18, 02:44AM »
Refuse to go online to see mine

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #4 on: 11-01-18, 02:46AM »
First I've heard of it , I'm paperless anyway but by choice , wouldn't have wanted it forced upon me 😠

Flatout

« Reply #5 on: 11-01-18, 07:21AM »
Tesco need to sort their payslips out before going paperless. At very least it should show hours paid and dates.

RubyRed

« Reply #6 on: 11-01-18, 07:25AM »
I had paper so I’ve had mine online from the outset. My husbands company has had online payslips only for several years. I guess It’s Inevitable and the way forward for Tesco too.

chris9997

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #7 on: 11-01-18, 08:02AM »
Not sure they can stop paper payslips, if you don't have internet you will never see it,they could install some sort of terminal in the staff room to just visit Tesco sites and payslipview.
Also would be a headache for mm ( hello mr manager went to the bank today pay was wrong manager : show us your pay slip staff: can't get it no internet? What to do then.

claden

• Smart Arse
« Reply #8 on: 11-01-18, 08:02AM »
I work with someone who has no internet how would they are their wage slip? Where has this information come from?

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #9 on: 11-01-18, 08:38AM »
It's come down on Comms Centre for attention of people manager. It's also being discussed on Yammer.

My concern is the IT can't cope with the limited number who currently use it how will it cope when everyone has to....

spike_pkh

• Know All
« Reply #10 on: 11-01-18, 08:49AM »
I think it's a great idea.  The amount of money and time wasted by managers giving out payslips is ridiculous.

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #11 on: 11-01-18, 08:59AM »
The amount of paper which lies about Tesco offices with peoples confidential details is ridiculous.

Peppa17

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #12 on: 11-01-18, 09:05AM »
I would imagine that this is all inline with Oracle launch.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #13 on: 11-01-18, 09:48AM »
Can anybody who thinks it is a good idea explain how those with out internet access and/or a printer proceed when they need x amount of past pay slips to satisfy a financial institution when trying to set up a new financial arrangement/loan/mortgage etc
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

bootsdaroff

• Regular Pain
« Reply #14 on: 11-01-18, 09:53AM »
It should never be happening. More people than you think don’t have internet or can cope with a laptop or tablet. Let’s believe who ever gets a wage slip on time. Used to get two or three at a time because the managers were hopeless at giving them out.

just curious

• Smart Arse
« Reply #15 on: 11-01-18, 10:14AM »
I think it's a great idea.  The amount of money and time wasted by managers giving out payslips is ridiculous.

" Time Managers waste giving out wage slips "  :D :D ;D ;D ,  Its not nearly as much time as they waste doing lots of nothing that's  unimportant or they spend in the Costa area / canteens / offices etc . A decent manager would want to meet there staff with a wage slip and thank them for there work once a month .  ;) ;) .
I personally would be hounding a manager to give me internet access in store linked to a store printer and asking them to personally print me a copy of my wage slip off in my working time not my own unpaid time .
Perhaps solution to your problem if your to busy  " managing "  is to get the pointless manager to dish the wage slips out that way the pointless manager gets a little bit of something constructive to do and also gets the chance to personally meet all members of staff where staff can air any concerns / issues / gripes etc .  ;) :D ;D.

theboss

• nights team leader
« Reply #16 on: 11-01-18, 11:16AM »
Fact it's an option and it's not being forced on you, not confirmed as yet.

Pooch100

« Reply #17 on: 11-01-18, 12:15PM »
I hate to tell you but as of April 2018 the company will no longer be producing paper payslips and that is fact......... the PMs got told yesterday.
One of the things they were told!!  ;D

GasMonkey

• Regular Pain
« Reply #18 on: 11-01-18, 12:42PM »
No doubt that will be another staff announcement that we on the shop floor will never find out about

Iron Giant

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #19 on: 11-01-18, 01:30PM »
Ourtesco.com and the old handbook says we have the option of paper or online. As this surely forms part of the terms and conditions of our employment can they make this decision without consultation?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #20 on: 11-01-18, 01:30PM »
If this does transpire then I suggest employees request access and means at work to view/print their pay slip, in privacy of course.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Peppa17

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #21 on: 11-01-18, 02:07PM »
I think the plan with oracle is that the store have access to tablets/iPads for teams to use. Maybe if a trial store or someone that knows more about oracle is on here they could shed some light?

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #22 on: 11-01-18, 02:33PM »
My bigger concern is very few people use the system at the moment and yet it still can't cope on payday. Seeing as the people who have already signed up are more than likely the most tech savvy employees can you imagine the frustration of some of our colleagues in just accessing the system to  find out why they were paid what they were.

Is the hope people won't check thereby allowing any potential error to go unnoticed.

stockrotateman

• Smart Arse
« Reply #23 on: 11-01-18, 04:43PM »
 :thumbup: spot on, how often do employees find they haven't been paid overtime or holiday pay or find unknown deductions to there wages, unless slips can be printed off with employees permission in store, then this favours the managers and Tosca in general.

spike_pkh

• Know All
« Reply #24 on: 11-01-18, 05:36PM »
Can anybody who thinks it is a good idea explain how those with out internet access and/or a printer proceed when they need x amount of past pay slips to satisfy a financial institution when trying to set up a new financial arrangement/loan/mortgage etc

When one of our colleagues needed some pay slips printed off he asked one of our managers and they both went to office and got it using stores computers