Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:03PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 271
Total: 274

THE CONFIDENTIAL PROTECTOR LINE

Started by The Mrs, 21-04-05, 02:02AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oddjob

My PM asked me, as a rep to ask members to see them rather than phone the protector line as a lot of people had been phoning it lately, did make me chuckle, tough I thought let the rebels revolt.

skinny

is the protector line still going or changed its number
I've tried for 3 days and all it does is ring

Expressdude2016

yh still same number  0800374199

Dontbelieveaword

Don't give out any information about yourself, the managers will try to 'guess' who has phoned. 

Jack O

Seems to me that this is getting a bit of a push at the moment - a nice glossy poster advertising it appeared in our staffroom a couple of weeks back.

usualsuspect

Why does anyone think that it is confidential ?

US

KittyKat

I know this is an old post but the only confidential part of the Protector Line is that the person receiving your call does not reveal their identity. I know someone that called and spoke to "Coffee". Was told that was not the persons real name and that they did not reveal their real name but were given a "case number". Why can't you even have a first name? We have to wear name badges displaying our first name. Very strange. And also, feedback is, not useful in resolution to your problem.

Duracell

I believe it's because the protector line is administered by an outside company. I maybe wrong though.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

KittyKat

Yes, I get that. But that makes it even more curious as to why they wouldn't give their true first name. No? What's wrong with saying "You spoke with Dave today"? Anyway, just a point. The main point is that I know 2 people that have used this line and nothing was done.

Duracell

Yes it is a bit of a red herring, I have seen a person get harassed and persecuted for doing so not just ignored, kind of puts people off even more.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

KittyKat

Disgusted

I work in Head Office
I was told the following - don't know if it's true or not
It is not confidential and they will find out who has used it
They will ignore the topic and just try and persecute the user
By the way it is run by Tesco

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Duracell on 30-05-17, 12:09AM
I believe it's because the protector line is administered by an outside company. I maybe wrong though.
Yes it is (now) run by an external company but as with a lot of "initiatives" within Tesco (i.e. WMTY listen and fix etc.) it is just a paper exercise.

Nothing ever comes of the issues of being that are reported, if they are just covered up , and there is no feedback from on the "external company " to say what action (if any) has taken to resolve the issue (s) reported

doneone

Protector line or whistleblowing. If you are told it is confidential and there will be no comeback, but that is a false statement then surely you would be protected under the whistleblowers law. National press had a good time with Barclays this year.

laughinggravy

I've phoned the protector line and was asked to give my name, I didn't.  Nothing happened in store about my issue, except my manager pulled me into an office to try to find out if I made the call. She didn't. (-*-)

bootsdaroff

Do not phone this. It gets passed back to the shop who say they are dealing with it. They pull said manager in and the manager and SM go hunting for who phoned. It's rubbish.

Vince250679

This is true I saw an email with protector line details sent to the Store manager it was obvious who had sent it as Express only have limited staff it certainly was not rocket science

mexicopete

Just send an anonymous letter addressed to Dave Lewis, then copy in Matt Davis, your store director, Store manager, PM and all of the senior team in your store. Then sit back and watch the s*** hit the fan. ;) ;) ;) ;)
The worlds me lobster

BrownEyedGirl

Protector Line is a complete waste of time, never used it myself, but a friend of mine did nothing happened with her complaint - quell surprise.

Mr Grumpy

The protector line DOES work, I have used it twice and if the complaint is put into the big Ts language and well thought out, it can have a massive impact.

I cant give anymore details, as this would most likely give my old store location away.

If you feel you need to phone them,get some help in preparing what your are going to say, using as much of the big Ts buzzwords they use when discipling staff

ardymardy

I once sent an anonymous email to protector line about gambling at my depot, management closed ranks, exonerated ring leader, ran a raffle to distribute the accumulated jackpot (more gambling), and have now removed all protector line posters and POS from DC. Gambling still occurs, just more covertly and not to raise cash for "good causes". As a rep I have seen people grilled over accusations of wrong doing by the same managers, so find it hilarious that they get to investigate and "punish" themselves. Altogether not what it is meant to be about.

Daveleng

Protector Line is a joke my daughter and me complained about her being bullied i was banned from the Fratton Tesco 3 days after we had complained, they lied to get me ejected which i have witnesses to prove nothing happened
the store manager and the checkout manager intimidated her after she complained i told protector line all this we have witnesses to all her complaints, all they said is we do not investigate we just pass this information onto Tesco
and we do not judge the outcome, all they do is pass over info to the right people in Tesco. In the end all Tesco said was we have done our investigation and taken appropriate action, they never even spoke to us so how can they have done a proper investigation.

Welshie

@Daveleng , I mean this in a nice way but it won't sound like it .
If you're daughter is going to survive in Tesco she needs to grow up and grow a back bone , if her dad/mum goes in everytime she has an issue,  they will never take her seriously.
I worked in the same store as my son for 5yrs , I never once spoke to his manager about him or any issues they may have had , now at home I may have told him how to deal with a situation,  what to say , what policy to look at but I never got involved in work . Old enough to have a job then they have to deal with things themselves .
As I say I do mean that nicely but they will show her no respect if you go in complaining for her , sorry .

lucgeo

I'm afraid I have to agree with Welshie here...if your daughter is over 18, and does not have special needs or a learning disability, then the contract of employment is between her and Tesco exclusively.

Tesco does not have any obligation to you, nor need to accommodate your involvement. Indeed, should you  the management, it could be deemed as harrassment or aggressive behaviour, and they would be within their rights to report you to the police. So steer clear of the store, incase they dream up a charge against you.

By all means support and advise your daughter all you can, at home. Go through the online policies with her, check her rights on the ACAS website with her, but at the end of the day, it is she who works for Tesco.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Pokeyhat

Hi is protector line worth phoning, we have a store manager who is in our shop not much more than 20hrs a week, takes a time in lieu day every week so he only needs to work 4 days, leaves early and arrives late,
Since his arrival at Christmas there have been protector lines about him yet nothing gets done, he is a bully and rules with threats which everyone is now scared to do anything about it after seeing people coming and going with no change 
We even now have a fraudulent culture where you recieve rewards for customer viewpoint comments, free holidays and various other things, I know they struggled to get a manager to come to our shop, but this one is most hated and has allied himself with the bully line manager in store as a bodyguard, our last wmty was also clearly filled in at over 92% after his arrival shortly before, when we had announced we were losing depts and colleagues and morale was an all time low

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk