News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:33PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 293
Total: 297

Let's Talks

Started by ihavequestions23, 28-02-22, 06:29AM

Previous topic - Next topic

horatiocain

Don't be surprised if the CCTV wasn't retain3d as it isn't kept for long, however thatvthey cannot prove it was given is the point.
If you ended up in court and the question is asked referring to the let's talk  you simply ask what let's talk? And because it isn't signed it becomes ckntest3d evidence  which will always be struck out unless there is good reason  and the bit that Tesco and everyone else hates is that the onus isnupon them to prove it genuine, not you, but the managers are trained they can trust 1 persons opinion over anothers, its stupid.

NightAndDay

Retention doesn't matter, SMs can delete sections of the CCTV footage manually and claim technical fault.

FarmerFred

Not quite - on systems installed over the last few years there's an audit trail to show which logins have accessed material and any deletion or copying will be logged to the relevant login. Also pretty sure that the SM logins can only be used to mark for deletion rather than actually delete the data.

gomezz

What valid reasons are there for deleting such material?  I am struggling to think of any.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

NightAndDay

Back in my day when there wasn't an audit trail, my team leader head butted a shoplifter and ended up with one of his teeth embedded in his skull, squirting blood all over the shop floor, we had a Berties Bassets all sorts of wrong'uns on the night shift, and more often than not, fisticuffs was the order of the day (night?). Footage was deleted, no questions asked, anyone asked what the red stuff on the floor was, Claret was what we'd say.

Redshoes

Things have moved on since you left. In many ways and this is just one of them. I can tell tales of things that used to happen. I have seen a lot over the years but the things I have seen in the past just would not happen now.
Cctv is only on the system for 28 days. The quality is superb though.

NightAndDay

Maybe in your quiet little neighbourhood shops and civil areas, but I'd imagine a lot of street justice still occurs in the prison cell shops, we used to have the police round 4 nights a week, I wouldn't be surprised if "exceptions" to Tesco policy in regards to delivering justice was in place in my old shop.

newguy20

CCTV is only good if it's been updated properly, some of our cameras have great image quality some are c**p. We recently had a quantity of high value spirits walk out of the store overnight using the one possible combination of routes which have all faulty cameras...

kaled78

there are blind spots on the cctv in every store clever shoplifters know this,we often find cut off tags behind pillars or mu's where the blind spots are,management are aware,and even the regional shrink head,but nothing has been done for years

Sherwoodforest

As part of our store refit last year they were kind enough to create more blind spots for thieves,
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Vicario

As part of our refit plans we are getting self serve which dont have weighing scales, currently we have no wine or confectionary on sale as its all been stolen.  Located in the worst place in a south west city centre of B.!  for this lack of modern technology plus apalling contracted  security guards plus no one wants to work here, area team' is apalling and very negligent and should be ashamed of themselves for putting store collegues in unsafe positions every day. 

Sherwoodforest

The amount of tags you find,a shoplifter probably earns in a day what a full timer earns in a week...state of the art cctv,(i never hear of anyone being caught anymore)agency guards dont look fit for purpose,gates and shutters put up,,,still it dont deter theft,,,got to be a security director taking back handers from a security consultant firm somewere,YES YOU NEED THIS,THIS AND THIS

lucgeo

When you get a company who budgets thousands of pounds for losses from shoplifting rather than employ more shop floor and security staff  :-X

For years it was common knowledge amongst staff, ex staff and local shoplifters that the security cameras on the W&S and H&B aisles were dummies.
Then the CCTV system was installed, and the monitoring of staff by managers took precedence. The slightest whisper of a shoplifter in the store, managers were suddenly nowhere to be found, avoiding any possible confrontation  :o

Security staff hours were cut, and sourced out to a security firm, on low hours! Who were then roped in by the GSM to fill shelves and tag, rather than monitor the cameras! One security employee was caught by a GA stealing high value goods...also a merchandising rep, as they were never staff searched!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

HalloweenJack

Watched an older bloke come with a trolley, load up 6 1 litre bottles and walk straight out again - he literally ran! The door has that new stop trolley alarm thing, so all he did was lift the front of the trolley and kept going. TSS guard just stood there on his phone.....

penguin

For all of you making very valid points about theft here is the best bit of it all, we used to have a guy in all the time would always take just under £40 worth of goods as local police rule at the time was not to follow up shop theft under that amount even for repeat offenders, said shoplifter would video himself doing this (yes really) and if approached would tell staff "you can not touch me or try and stop me leaving if you do this goes to the police and your going to be sacked" he knew the system and the shrink and security managers response to our store manager about this shoplifter was "the reason you have problems with this guy is your not making a fuss of him, chat with him and treat him as a pal, and he will not steal from you as great service wins everytime" meanwhile scan one less item on waste and yep at least a lets talk for us and that is if you got off lightly.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Sherwoodforest

@penguin..... or they could of banned him,,,then he would be trespassing,surely a decent security manager would know that

penguin

He was banned and still used to come in knowing nothing in effect could be done at the time to remove him, a ban is not worth the paper its written on. Police unlikely to get involved as trespass is a civil matter and the only way to remove a trespasser is via a court order and then as a last result getting a bailiff to kick them out. Clearly not realistic options when you have someone in a store who is going to be in and out as soon as possible.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

NightAndDay

A good way to recoup that £40 a day is to make the shrink and security manager role redundant.

King1999

If ever there was a non Job created it's that one.Good at stating the obvious and ignores the needed more staff and security......spokesman for good old tosco tbf,that's why nobody listens to him when he visits the store.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk