News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

25-04-24, 01:08AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,408
  • Total Topics: 638
  • Online today: 556
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 477
Total: 478

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hippotime

Stock control not getting compliance, just Pi . Each dept team manager is to be accountable for their own audits.

Wirey2020

Quote from: SAMCRO on 11-04-17, 04:03PM
If the Compliance role was to go to the Stock Control manager that would be one hell of a job. Combined Fresh & Non-Food Stock Control with SRD AND Compliance?? That's a lot of responsibility.

No if about it, compliance will go to the non food stock control manager in the stores where they have two stock control managers, with obviously the entire role combined with compliance in the stores with one SC manager

Equalizer87

Quote from: Hippotime on 11-04-17, 04:11PM
Stock control not getting compliance, just Pi . Each dept team manager is to be accountable for their own audits.

So this would lead to Stock Control teams being disbanded???
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

darklighter

I don't like people losing their jobs but the PM was absolutely pointless in my experience, never supported their GA staff in any way shape or form, just tried to make their lives miserable.

I know they were supposed to be  there for all staff but in my experience they never fulfilled that job description.

In short, stuff them, reap what you sow and all that jazz!

Hippotime

Quote from: Equalizer87 on 11-04-17, 06:09PM
Quote from: Hippotime on 11-04-17, 04:11PM

So this would lead to Stock Control teams being disbanded???

Why would it? I'm confused. In stores where there is a NF Stock control and a fresh stock control, pi will go to NFSC. In stores where there is just the one SC manager, they will now inherit PI. I think promo changes will be passed to relevant fresh/grocery managers too rather than PI team. PI will simply do day to day workload until electronic POS comes?

londoner83

Still don't get why we haven't gone down the electronic SEL route. It's works well in stores across Europe including Tesco in Hungary.

DewsterDog36

We haven't gone fully electronic yet as the cost is massive and we have been developing this technology for years to get it right. Our first pilot was in Brighton and Hove around 2003 so still 14 years later we are slowly improving and perfecting this technology and ensuring it's doesn't become a cost we have to renew regularly

Shafted

Quote from: Issey18 on 07-04-17, 03:46PM
Has anyone on here been directly affected by the 'pilot' of removing PM's and compliance Managers? Apparently 2 groups are affected at the moment but the rest of us has been 'briefed' yesterday . Not really any info in the 'brief' so a bit lost as to whats happening. Are the two groups affected in consultation? Are there any timescales mentioned? Cant even find any info on what this 'pilot' actually consists of. Can anyone already affected shed any light on what happened in their brief/consultation? would appreciate any info
Please can you tell me where you got the brief? Nothing seen or mentioned in our store.

Loving it

Quote from: Om12nv on 11-04-17, 03:56PM
Can anyone shed a little light on the compliance trial please...so part of compliance goes to stock control, what options are available to the stock control managers? No say/take on the extra workload? Consultation/redundancy???

Anyone know the answer to this  :thumbup:

Tom Hardy

I doubt they would offer the current stock control managers redundancy for moving a few extra staff from another department that has lost its manager   :D but hey if that's what you are hoping for then good luck  :thumbup:

bushido

So In stores with 2 stock controllers, the food stock controller just does stock control, whilst the non food stock controller, as well as having merchandising foisted on them a while ago, is now getting PI as well?
bushido  
Those who scream loudest are the quietest when action is needed
"Gentlemen, you cant fight in here, this is the war room!"

londoner83

Wouldn't you rather have a few extra staff to manage than lose your job?

Hopscotch

Just reading about pm/compliance managers going.  Who will wages fall under?

mrblobby

I know in cat 10 stores there is already a seperate merchandising and PI manager. I would imagine it would follow this model and for smaller stores combine with stock

happygirl

Your store manager SHOULD be answering the questions 😁

tumshie

Is this change to pms and compliance happening everywhere?

Shafted

Quote from: happygirl on 13-04-17, 10:46AM
Your store manager SHOULD be answering the questions 😁
You think? They don't have any information and in some cases any interest!!

Thevamps

Bulshido Iv heard pi is going under groc/fresh stock control not non food.Also heard today a store up north has done away with pi and staff on the aisles are given the price labels to put out!.Anyone else heard this please.

Equalizer87

It wouldn't surprise me if all PI and Stock Control duties are moved to the replenishment teams. Just another way to kill off a department.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Minnie Mouse

@ Thevamps Wouldn't surprise me if ga's were expected to put out labels,next it will be put a brush up our backsides and clean as we go will save on cleaners  lol 😂

yelsel

thevamps I work in a extra I can't see how it is possible to fill and put out labels especially on promo nights we can have up to 2000 labels the fillers work hard enough as it is plus we've got this rubbish going on with getting green on double scans and labels done within time scale etc big push to get green on all 5 at the moment

yelsel

plus when this new system with new pdas starts pi and stock control are linked so it makes sense for us to go under stock control manager don't know if our compliance manager is going yet but I suppose eventually it will happen

Thevamps

I know it's a bad move but that's what I was told this am,can't say the store but its come from a good source.Cant imagine the overcharges if that was to happen in our store don't think there's a regular person on any aisle  or they would care about the customer being overcharged.

Equalizer87

The reality is the company want more and more jobs being done by fewer people, workloads have increased and this isn't going to stop.

yelsel

thevamps you are right most of the labels would end up in the bin legals would definitely not be done by 12 lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk