News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 03:32AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,354
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 256
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 166
Total: 166

Food Stock Managers

Started by beentheredoneit, 01-10-19, 08:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mildew

Just a guess DJL . 27 stores on our group , a lot of extras and large superstores. My store has no vacancies at all and is miles from other stores . I'm not in a position to move.

Wirey2020

The soft structure is based on the fact that the role still exists within the wider business...anyone aware of FF Stock managers who are not subject to the soft structure?

Mildew

Any store with more than fifteen staff in the dept

Me2015

They have stated that the role is to be removed from store manager structure and used the 'soft' approach to try and get people to take a new role with little push back.

I agree that the ones who want to stay can, they can be offered positions which suits their own personal circumstances, but for the rest, that option is clearly unavailable therefore an alternative must be offered, rather than the continual 'review'

DJL

Heatmap gives me max 12, currently have 9

Mildew

trolleyboy96

With the soft structure approach I'm no expert but I know definitely there's 4 part time services managers on our group where the job has gone, all still sat there with just the desk and cash office, 2 of the stores have no checkout manager it keeks getting rotated when placements yet the service managers refuse to take it, seems currently and for the past few years they have the upper hand, what I'm saying is those food stock just stick your ground as it appears nothing can be forced. Unless they bring in redundancy...

Mildew

Thanks Trolley.  All valid stuff ,  probably the only difference is they were pretty clear about a six month timeline on this role removal.

trolleyboy96

I'm no expert on these, I've been effected every year since the restructured started, this year being my first so far uneffected, I'm a stock admin so I understand the issues and to be honest if I had been asked about the role properly back when it launched would of took redundancy it's a thankless role depending on other managers and teams it's a very frustrating role.

Mildew

Sorry to hear that. Hindsight eh?

Wirey2020

Anyone knows how to downsize an image in order to post it on here?

Mildew

Wirey2020

So after 6 months the individual cases are to be referred to LPP based on the flow chart which I have been trying to upload...anyone referred there yet?

Mildew

I have no idea what flow chart you are referring to Wirey ?

Wirey2020

It details the annual review process.

Nomad

Never used this, so no warranty by me.

https://resizeimage.net/
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Mildew

When did this surface Wirey?

Wirey2020

It was always about...didn't you say previously that you had some marked up documentation?...I would've thought that's included with it?

Mildew

No Wirey. Never had access to that. So individuals get referred to who?

Wirey2020

After 6 months of no movement then cases gets referred to LPP. That's all it says.

Mildew

People partner I presume?

Wirey2020

Lead People Partner. So is any one aware of any shops out there that actually still have their food stock manager as part of their structure?

DJL

Me, Mildew too! There are still others out there, most have taken the decision to go to a new role, which is totally understandable, but there are still managers in the role

Mildew

I don't know any specifically but it will be the very largest extras with fifteen or more staff in the dept.

streaker

Assume theres still loads out there. Even Nfsc managers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk