News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:57PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,127
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 288
Total: 290

The Hub

Started by beentheredoneit, 13-08-19, 04:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snaarffie

To record audio the store would have to ask permission from high up the security head office lot and have a dam good reason. Then it can only be used for a tiny amount if time. Same with covert cameras. Only place audio is norm recorded is search rooms but theybwill tell you if its in record etc first

lucgeo

Quote from: taliahad on 05-12-19, 04:06PM
May I ask my VLH friends how they would feel and what they would do if to their great surprise they were to discover a microphone in their small stockroom?  This stockroom could also be right next to the area where staff take their breaks.

I would take a photo of the microphone, then I would say in a loud clear voice, " is that a mic? I'm going to report  this illegal covert recording!!"

Walk out, and watch them scatter!!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

alf

Perhaps a dumb question, but are you sure it's actually a microphone.

I mean is it literally a microphone a singer would use, or is it something more covert?

penguin

Unless the correct approval has been given in writing from head office to record in this way whoever is doing it could well end up facing gross misconduct proceedings, although what's the betting once someone raises the issue the microphone either gets moved or taken away all together. Or Tesco deny all knowledge and try to blame it on someone doing it off there own back.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

VladPutin

[admin]Post content deleted for violent remarks.[/admin]

proxywizard

Unfortunately, they do know. Our security lectern 2 has access to the summary/map page and has an 'activity' box which flashes up with alerts on high-value transactions, rare transaction types (e.g. signature verification), etc. Surprisingly able system for Tesco...

Quote from: BinnieBob on 29-09-19, 04:36AM
Just had an investigation myself, they read the statement from the hub, which gave my log in number which then was linked to my name. I asked how they would know that, and was just told it's very clever. (Which I took to mean they don't know). It wasn't related to a till short, or anything else to do with working on checkouts.

proxywizard

We've had no services manager for over a year now. Moved to another store and wasn't replaced, with checkout manager taking over all responsibilities (supposedly). Also not heard of anyone having a staff search for quite some time. No cameras in the confidential, so they can just forge some signatures between themselves, surely?

Quote from: Redshoes on 11-10-19, 07:33AM
Leading on from a comment on another thread.
What about staff searches and the hub, are they still done?
Is the introduction of the hub related to speculation of some of the manager roles being reduced? Service manager role has been talked of in past few days?

Redshoes

I have wondered about services manager and the hub.  There have been rumours about services manager role for a long time but mostly for the stores without PFS.
A while ago the company said they were doing away with the checkers of the checkers. A lot of the service manager reports are just this. Will the hub take over with till investigations?
Leading on from this, what about the audits? A lot of the financial audit could be done from random checks via the hub, little need for an actual auditor to visit the store. Same fir S&L audit, can check if routines being completed randomly via the hub, see if books are being signed etc.

Jobless

Why do people here waste time speculating about who's getting the chop next. It'll happen when it happens and there is f all you can do.

forrestgimp

Quote from: proxywizard on 22-12-19, 11:49PM
Unfortunately, they do know. Our security lectern 2 has access to the summary/map page and has an 'activity' box which flashes up with alerts on high-value transactions, rare transaction types (e.g. signature verification), etc. Surprisingly able system for Tesco...

Quote from: BinnieBob on 29-09-19, 04:36AM
Just had an investigation myself, they read the statement from the hub, which gave my log in number which then was linked to my name. I asked how they would know that, and was just told it's very clever. (Which I took to mean they don't know). It wasn't related to a till short, or anything else to do with working on checkouts.

does a lot more than that mate let me tell you.

Jobless

Forrestgimp

Tell us what then

NightAndDay

Quote from: Redshoes on 23-12-19, 06:38AM
I have wondered about services manager and the hub.  There have been rumours about services manager role for a long time but mostly for the stores without PFS.
A while ago the company said they were doing away with the checkers of the checkers. A lot of the service manager reports are just this. Will the hub take over with till investigations?
Leading on from this, what about the audits? A lot of the financial audit could be done from random checks via the hub, little need for an actual auditor to visit the store. Same fir S&L audit, can check if routines being completed randomly via the hub, see if books are being signed etc.

SRMs were made redundant in Express and Express esso alliance stores with the DSMs.

forrestgimp

Quote from: Cleaner1 on 23-12-19, 12:38PM
Forrestgimp

Tell us what then

It tells us when somone is opening the waste cage, it tells us when someone is wasting a product at customer services it tells us if people are taking things off the shelf like makeup and other sundry items. We can watch live or rewind a sale to see the POS go up the till. There is a shed load of stuff it can do however its not there to check people going for a fag or having a crafty 5 mins extra on their breaks or talking or using their phones.

penguin

The hub and similar systems are the future of work, like it or not, and anyone who thinks its just a Tesco thing to spy on the staff should be under no illusion other companies are bringing in similar systems as we speak.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Tinsandcoffee

Does anyone no when this system is actually going live? We have been told it is not live in our store and will be informed when it does go live

Theodore

It has been live in our store for months. A dozen or so investigations and one member of staff quit recently after being pulled up on not doing something correctly.

Redshoes

From what I can gather, the hub is installed in areas. Once all stores in that area have it they then go live as a group or area. Stores are not told a date just a guide of when this may be. Before it goes live as a group/area it record, can review footage in store. The hub can see what the store are looking at and review footage too but they don't ping back issues until after area/group all go live.

Tinsandcoffee

So once it goes live there could potentially be a backlog of investigations?

Redshoes

No idea, just have to wait and see.

NavyNinja

Wondering if anyone can help me. I work on the tills and have been there just sort of one year now. As all my contracted shifts are midnight finishes my operator "privilege" was upped so I could void stuff off in the nights when team support aren't always around. I was on a main bank till yesterday morning doing overtime when a customers coupon wasn't working. I checked the product was correct and everything and the coupon was in date. Team support weren't on hand so I reduced the product to the price it would be with the coupon. Does this trigger the hub in any way? First time I did it myself and that's only casue team support were busy. Don't want to be accussed on reducing items for people willy nilly and lose my job. Thanks in Advance!!

Stubbo

Quote from: NavyNinja on 20-02-20, 01:27PM
Wondering if anyone can help me. I work on the tills and have been there just sort of one year now. As all my contracted shifts are midnight finishes my operator "privilege" was upped so I could void stuff off in the nights when team support aren't always around. I was on a main bank till yesterday morning doing overtime when a customers coupon wasn't working. I checked the product was correct and everything and the coupon was in date. Team support weren't on hand so I reduced the product to the price it would be with the coupon. Does this trigger the hub in any way? First time I did it myself and that's only casue team support were busy. Don't want to be accussed on reducing items for people willy nilly and lose my job. Thanks in Advance!!

You should never reduce anything to the price it would be with a coupon. The coupon should be processed as a non scanned coupon. If you don't know this you probably shouldn't have any privileges.

Katarn2000

That will probably trigger the hub. You should tell your manager about this before they find out.

Morris999

It will depend, in my experience with The Hub, when investigations have come down for checkouts it usually means the same cashier has done the same thing afew times in the space of a few weeks
Ie: not checking how many items the customer has and just taking customers word for it without actually checking themselves.
One the other hand The Hub will send an investigation down straight away if the Duty manager didn’t close the makeup cabinet at 20.00 the night before!

So it all really depends what the Hub people have been told to focus on.

That being said you shouldn’t have reduced the item, instead you should have processed the coupon as a non-scanned coupon or just have waited for the team support to arrive, as for all you know the coupon could have been a fake/copied one.
Either way I doubt it will trigger a Hub investigation if it’s the first time you have reduced an item.

checkoutmonkey

Quote from: NavyNinja on 20-02-20, 01:27PM

You won’t lose your job. At most you might get a let’s talk about the correct process in this situation, and to be reminded that in that situation you SHOULD have waited for a Team Support. Price reductions AND non scan coupons are both things that you should not be doing without checking first

NavyNinja

Thnkx guys, though a little worried now to be honest :( How quick are Hub investigations then (i.e. when would I find out if it has dobbed me in?). Think I heard somewhere it was on a two week delay.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk