Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:23PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 268
Total: 275

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picktocube

I didn't think that the union would have much say in a management restructure.

lackofinterest

the union just agree with whatever tosco want!!!!

tasha66

Sata union involved pretty much what picktocube said no real rights on negotiating it was done thro ernie empathy etc etc.
It was compulsory redundancy with no choices given.
However i dont think the effecred colleagues are takin this lying down theres a few challenging hard with possible tribunals going forward.
Job redundant not.the person but replacing with colleagues on less money.
One big money saving blag in my opinion.
Every depot getting this.its no pilot its happening else how can ya make people redundant.what ya gonna do reemploy the redundant if it doesnt work.dont make me laff.
North director has also said if it doesnt work ill strip volume out.
What an horrible company this is.sooner out the better i dont wanna work for this s*** any longer

CoffeeGate

Tasha, can you explain what you mean by the term 'board man'? I've never heard this term before, does this mean that these fellows will be running the operational side of goods in/out etc rather than the managers? at massively reduced wages of course!

tasha66

snowyowl

Quote from: picktocube on 07-11-16, 03:52PM
I didn't think that the union would have much say in a management restructure.
Even if the Union are tied with regards to the outcome they should be all over the affected members offering support,information and advice. After reading tasha66's post;
Quote from: tasha66 on 07-11-16, 06:09PM
However i dont think the effecred colleagues are takin this lying down theres a few challenging hard with possible tribunals going forward.
Job redundant not.the person but replacing with colleagues on less money.

Perhaps there was good reason for Usbore to be more active!  >:( >:( >:(

picktocube

Quote from: tasha66 on 07-11-16, 02:55PM
.......... Nxt phase i believe to be old big earning contracts in warehouse who are on 25k plus a year for pickin boxes.
Just to add pilon was granted last thurs and all left theyre jobs so no support for xmas.pilot starts officially 2day

Any further information on this ??  Is this speculation or was this discussed ?   This would affect a couple of DCs where everybody is earning well in excess of £25k

Arizonarugby

Quote from: snowyowl on 07-11-16, 07:22AM
Sarcinarous.
"What will happen is that they'll give us a tiny bump in basic salary and remove all premium pay except night shift bonus. All weekend premiums will go, bank holiday and overtime will go or probably reduced to .25%. All protected pay will go."

Simple we don't let him! Firstly lick this so called Union into shape, get them doing what they should be doing "PROTECTING OUR RIGHTS" If they are not up to it replace them with one who will. Along side that fight every change they wish to make, collectively protect every contract that was ever written. Let's start using the powers that we still have left before they are eroded.
Sooner or later court costs and closed shop will help clear their minds.  >:( >:( >:(

Snowyowl where the hell have you been for the last 7 years, this is exactly what had been happening in distribution, most depots now have a two tier pay and performance structure and if we're honest if Tesco was still successful all the old DC's would have been a distant memory AKA Chepstow , Middleton Harlow etc.

If Useless Seven Days A Week had any back bone none of this would be happening

So in fitting with this time of year "HE'S BEHIND YOU"

But let's face the facts, TOSCO isn't in the mess it's in because of work level 1 and work level 2 pay (at its height the company still managed to make billions is pound profit whilst paying decent wages ) , its in a mess because the desk jockeys made the wrong decisions and got rewarded generously for it then jumped ship

tumshie

They don't think at all about how people pay their bills.

Billy Budd

Good luck telling the Livingston staff on £25k who drive counter balance, LT's, etc, that

their wages could be cut!? Yes, Tenko don't make billions...it's now hundreds of millions,

not exactly scrimping, are they?!? Surely a tribunal would rule against fat cat Dave and his equally fat cat directors?!  >:(

snowyowl

Arizonarugby;
Snowyowl where the hell have you been for the last 7 years, this is exactly what had been happening in distribution, most depots now have a two tier pay and performance structure and if we're honest if Tesco was still successful all the old DC's would have been a distant memory AKA Chepstow , Middleton Harlow etc.

If Useless Seven Days A Week had any back bone none of this would be happening

So in fitting with this time of year "HE'S BEHIND YOU"

But let's face the facts, TOSCO isn't in the mess it's in because of work level 1 and work level 2 pay (at its height the company still managed to make billions is pound profit whilst paying decent wages ) , its in a mess because the desk jockeys made the wrong decisions and got rewarded generously for it then jumped ship

Not sure I understand your point Arizona, if it's that you have had past successes in protecting your members rights that's great, but Usbore are still in place and Tosco continue to erode hours, wages and terms and conditions. My point was simply that we don't just stand and watch them do it. I certainly won't be.  ;) 

Duracell

With regard to The posts of Tasha, are The decision makers aware that the Screening process "ERIC" for selecting managers is being monitored and scrutinised.

I believe I am right in saying there was concern that Performance RAG's had be changed.. Which sparked complaints which then led to Directors promising to investigate and scrutinise the screening process.

'ERIC' the process "already in place for some time" for the purpose of evaluating Personal ability is what I mentioned in earlier posts.

I stand corrected on believing it would actually be fair. It's seems the complete mayhem still continues even with the threat of scrutiny from the top.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

valleyboy

@ Duracell

Erric  or cerri as it's correctly referenced is a 5 part performance review which all levels apart from 1 are contractually measured or should be. It's the should be that is being questioned and the fairness of the application.

That said this contractually application is only a measure where  there is a level score.

Sarcinarous

Quote from: Billy Budd on 08-11-16, 12:09AM

Good luck telling the Livingston staff on £25k who drive counter balance, LT's, etc, that

their wages could be cut!? Yes, Tenko don't make billions...it's now hundreds of millions,

not exactly scrimping, are they?!? Surely a tribunal would rule against fat cat Dave and his equally fat cat directors?!  >:(

It's simple really. They'll make the position redundant and allow them to reapply for the same job under a new title at a reduced rate or give redundancy. They don't need to renegotiate a new contract.

Duracell

Quote from: valleyboy on 08-11-16, 11:14AM
@ Duracell

Erric  or cerri as it's correctly referenced is a 5 part performance review which all levels apart from 1 are contractually measured or should be. It's the should be that is being questioned and the fairness of the application.

That said this contractually application is only a measure where  there is a level score.

So it is being formally Questioned, I was also informed that Previous RAG's had been changed at the pilot locations in an aid to protect under performers which was being investigated.

Not sure about Cerri being the correct reference as I am aware of them being very specific in direction at the time of implementation that E was the First Measure, very specific in conception and role out it was ERRIC, perhaps the CERRI you refer to comes from the preference of the application of Priority of Quality.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Duracell

Quote from: Sarcinarous on 08-11-16, 06:16PM
Quote from: Billy Budd on 08-11-16, 12:09AM

It's simple really. They'll make the position redundant and allow them to reapply for the same job under a new title at a reduced rate or give redundancy. They don't need to renegotiate a new contract.

Not so sure that is possible, I have always believed that a redundancy situation could be applied to "A Contract"  however after much research I find little to suggest the practice and belief is credible.

It seems that A redundancy situation is reliant on, restructer of role to be significantly different, a reduction in required numbers or both.

With regard to compulsory redundancy where retained employment changes the remaining contract, this couldn't be done via a reduction in numbers business case.

A reduction in numbers business case couldn't involve compulsory redundancy where Regular Agency Are used for the same role. This could throw up business case where staff rotas need to be more flexible to irradicate the need to use a more flexible form of labour.

Restructure of the Warehouse role, could this be done?
Without the role going backward and the devolution of multiskilled warehouse staff how could they restructucture the role, how could the role be significantly changed so that the current role as we know it is redundant.

Contract Change is more likely to come via negotiation which at present requires the agreement of the members for implementation a change to contracts can't be done on your behalf.

Duracell.

valleyboy

Duracell cerri is the term used in retail as the abbreviation for the leadership skills. As erric is the term used in distribution.

valleyboy

@ pictocube " the union wouldn't have much of a say in a restructure" I think different if sata organised itself and said all for one..... will that happen no! Why?

tescopleb

OK off topic and I'm probably displaying total ignorance of sata here and it's affiliations but should it show signs of growing a pair - what's to stop the rest of us joining. It's nothing other unions haven't done and more importantly its recognised by tosco. All for one could actually stand for something constructive

picktocube

You do know that SATA is part of USDAW ???

lucgeo

tescopleb

Easy mistake if you haven't encountered them before? SATA is the managers part of USDAW. They are managers themselves and rep the managers in meetings.  :)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

picktocube

Quote from: valleyboy on 09-11-16, 11:10AM
@ pictocube " the union wouldn't have much of a say in a restructure" I think different if sata organised itself and said all for one..... will that happen no! Why?

Yes ,I agree ,but from what I had heard ,the union were there for more of a consultative role rather than to negotiate . Similar to how the Pensions were done .

tescopleb

Thanks guys I knew it was the managers union but wasn't sure how tied to Useless it was. to be honest I was thinking along the lines of pcs which was the result of a merger.

snowyowl

:'( Sata representatives, (when there is a crisis) are harder to find that Usbore reps. They should be all over the members affected, these pages are full of enquiries,what?, when? why? when in reality these Union representative should from start to finish be guiding their members through every step. They don't give a sh*te, if you are facing redundancy your going to be off their books soon so why bother, just another £10 a month loss, never mind lets do some more recruiting. B*st*rds!  >:( >:( >:(

sinderella

Management Restructure, TOSCO S EXCUSE FOR GETTING RID OF expensive, OLD CONTRACTS.
Nightshift closure, TOSCO S EXCUSE FOR GETTING RID OF, expensive, OLD CONTRACTS.
Attendance Review Process, TOSCO S EXCUSE FOR GETTING RID OF YOU!!!!!

BEWARE
, NO ONE ON AN OLD CONTRACT ISCSAFE, THEY ARE COMING TO GET YOU, !!
  DONT BE FOOLED BY THE REDUCED HOURS OPTION, YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED EVENTUALLY.!!!

TAKE REDUNDANCY, TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN, THEY ARE LOSERS, GOING DOWN THE PAN,
SOON TO BE TAKEN OVER BY ALDI..........watch this space.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk