Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 03:21PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 284
Total: 287

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crabbit

They cant find enough as it is,never mind 2 years plus down the line..
Over 1000 agency been and gone in less than a year at Livingston Depot.
The calibre of Agency we are attracting now is also way down on previous years....
Ffs some of them cant pick toilet roll on a level base never mind 6 cage multi express orders thru the warehouse...
So i cant see Agency taking over in the near future..
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

CoffeeGate

Heard rumours that the 2 sites that are piloting the new management restructure has now been upped to 4 sites?
Is there anyone on here from Hinkley or Lichfield who can give us numbers of managers on site/shift, before and during the pilot?

Iamcompletelymad

Hi guys , does anyone know the names of those 36 pilot convenience stores in which the new 3.5 shift leader plan is being applied ? 

Expressdude2016

Don't know why there calling it pilot when we know it will be rolled out from week 1.

cc

Kingsley park in northampton is one convenience that is going to the new structure trial and successful or not it is not reverting back

Equalizer87

That's because it's not a trial, Tesco do not trial anything. They have an idea (number one priority to save money over increasing effectiveness), put it into a few stores, iron out the major problems (if they can be bothered to) and roll it out. They can't afford trials that may fail and lose money so they just stick with it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Iamcompletelymad

Any stores within London which are amongst those 36 stores ?

Sarcinarous

Quote from: tornadotommy on 19-10-16, 04:21PM
Heard rumours that the 2 sites that are piloting the new management restructure has now been upped to 4 sites?
Is there anyone on here from Hinkley or Lichfield who can give us numbers of managers on site/shift, before and during the pilot?

Hi. 22 managers (roughly 7 or 8 a shift) were culled from Lichfield and replaced with "podium monkeys" that have had about a week's worth training to run the warehouse systems and operations. It's nothing but a cost cutting exercise due to reducing the cost from £20/hr to roughly £9/hr. How bad the remaining managers and their inflated egos will be remains to be seen. The 22 officially leave (or are reassigned) tomorrow.

I can't give you an exact number of managers per shift but I'd guess there is now less than 5 warehouse floor managers a shift, below the shift manager.

CoffeeGate

Thank you kind sir.

Nice to actually see numbers of what it could look like, we're currently running at 10 per shift, but often only run with 5 with absence and hols etc, so looks like this could be similar.

Love the name 'podium monkeys'.

tiptop

from one set of "podium monkeys" too another set of "podium monkeys" you couldn't make this stuff up..next you will have out sourced cleaning companies doing accuracy checks on assembly  (-*-)

redcar renegade

Well bet at Middlesbrough you can guess who will be podium monkeys, it won't be the poor buggers who jobs depend on a competent person in charge. Hope  girlfriend , AD, get bullet  think staff should get to choose who goes payback for past actions  :D :D :D :D :D

dogslave

Quote from: Sarcinarous on 03-11-16, 04:42PM
Quote from: tornadotommy on 19-10-16, 04:21PM

Hi. 22 managers (roughly 7 or 8 a shift) were culled from Lichfield and replaced with "podium monkeys" that have had about a week's worth training to run the warehouse systems and operations. It's nothing but a cost cutting exercise due to reducing the cost from £20/hr to roughly £9/hr. How bad the remaining managers and their inflated egos will be remains to be seen. The 22 officially leave (or are reassigned) tomorrow.

I can't give you an exact number of managers per shift but I'd guess there is now less than 5 warehouse floor managers a shift, below the shift manager.

don't like to see anybody loose there job even this lot. But tosco have to many people in theses roles which in reality is a charge hand team leader role at best.
I presume the new podium monkey's get no more money than normal.
Good look to the managers who are leaving. You know you will never get easier money than this.

CoffeeGate

Quote from: tiptop on 04-11-16, 11:45AM
from one set of "podium monkeys" too another set of "podium monkeys" you couldn't make this stuff up..next you will have out sourced cleaning companies doing accuracy checks on assembly  (-*-)

God forbid something like that would ever happen to accuracy! Oh wait, hang on a minute ...  :D

Perhaps the title 'Podium Champion' would help the new monkeys believe they have a purpose? And will said 'Champions' be allowed the same amount of coffee and fag breaks that seem to be allowed for the current monkeys?

I've always believed a manager should first and foremost 'manage' which many seem incapable of doing. There are however a few good eggs on each shift and hopefully they will be the ones who stay.

snowyowl

I presume both tornadotommy and tiptop are from Teesport and that the cleaning company have been given the jobs on accuracy checks? Was there any training involved or where they just transferred straight from the brush to the cages? How on Earth did anybody dream that move up? What other tasks have they been given?, perhaps they'll get the jobs as "podium monkeys"
On a more serious notes more Tosco full time jobs given away, I think it's time we all joined a Union!  >:(

picktocube

At the DC that I am at ,it is the same with the accuracy checkers employed by the same company that cleans and dekits. They were employed specifically to accuracy check.
Unfortunately over the years more and more jobs have been farmed out to outside companies or agency .
Accuracy checking was originally part of GI checkers duty.
Nearly all unmeasured work at my DC has gone now apart from clerical and mmt and 50% transport.

snowyowl

:) It won't be long before David Attenbrough is brought down to study Tosco workers as an endangered species! You've got to wonder?  :)

nolotil

Quote from: ScotlandMRT on 04-11-16, 07:15PM
Snowy owl Dave will not find any management that's for sure.

They have all been caught out doing nothing.

So the reality is ScotlandMRT, that people in distribution are now losing jobs and lets not forget that store staff have lost jobs, premium etc, so coming to distribution.................

snowyowl

>:( It's not news nolotil! >:(

redcar renegade

We are all under threat got numpties in charge aided and abetted my the Manchester Mafia a.k.a Usdaw , when the £100m law suit is won Tesco will make BHS look  a success. Big gaffers will swan off in their yachts and we will be left with not even a pot to pee in.

nolotil

[gmod] Quote removed. Do not quote the last post in a thread.[/gmod]

ScolandMRT you are a very bitter employee or a company monkey. I think you are a company person looking at your posts....

Personal attacks around weight etc are out of order, you should be ashamed and this site allowing such threads, should be ashamed.........

Sarcinarous

Quote from: nolotil on 04-11-16, 08:29PM
Quote from: ScotlandMRT on 04-11-16, 07:15PM
Snowy owl Dave will not find any management that's for sure.

They have all been caught out doing nothing.

So the reality is ScotlandMRT, that people in distribution are now losing jobs and lets not forget that store staff have lost jobs, premium etc, so coming to distribution.................

Didn't Dave Lewis say he wants to reduce distribution costs by a billion or something to that effect? Where do you think that money will be saved? I guarantee it's our wages he's talking about. He might need to be careful due to Brexit but if we stay with free flow immigration I reckon they'll force new contracts on us maybe in a few years or less. (i.e make warehouse employees redundant and give us the ability to apply for "new jobs")

What will happen is that they'll give us a tiny bump in basic salary and remove all premium pay except night shift bonus. All weekend premiums will go, bank holiday and overtime will go or probably reduced to .25%. All protected pay will go.

snowyowl

Sarcinarous.
"What will happen is that they'll give us a tiny bump in basic salary and remove all premium pay except night shift bonus. All weekend premiums will go, bank holiday and overtime will go or probably reduced to .25%. All protected pay will go."

Simple we don't let him! Firstly lick this so called Union into shape, get them doing what they should be doing "PROTECTING OUR RIGHTS" If they are not up to it replace them with one who will. Along side that fight every change they wish to make, collectively protect every contract that was ever written. Let's start using the powers that we still have left before they are eroded.
Sooner or later court costs and closed shop will help clear their minds.  >:( >:( >:(

tasha66

So the numbers made redundant
PMS from both sites redundant
H&S managers gone from both sites
OPS managers roled into one role a finance manager
Fout TM s from each shift redundant going from 10 to 6.
2 Transport managers redundant one days one nights.
18 new employed warehouse tits employed to do the job of board man;goods in and goods out but looks like that wont be enough and more likely needed.
Also these jobs were offered on lesser ts and cs with no uptake so hadto offer on original ts and cs.
Also original 4 shift managers reduced to 3
Project leader walked in depot took 2 shift managers to hotel asked who should stay and who should go and the 2.shiftys dutifully obliged.
Absolutley disgracefull behaviour.
Just to support this info no matter how many tms youre depot has it.will be cut to 6 a shift lichfield lost 23 managers thru redundancy to hit.the 6 on each shift.
Nxt phase i believe to be old big earning contracts in warehouse who are on 25k plus a year for pickin boxes.
Just to add pilon was granted last thurs and all left theyre jobs so no support for xmas.pilot starts officially 2day

picktocube

Strange really as a few years ago at our DC ,they increased the amount of TMs to 10 a shift and took away warehouse ops booked off roles of boardman on goods-in ,goods-out.and now they are going back to it effectively. Plus everything ran better when it was a booked off role rather than a mmt duty.

snowyowl

:'( Incredible information Tasha66, what a cull, now we know what's coming our way. Although I won't lose sleep over all those losing their jobs, at this time of year my thoughts are with most. What a heartless sh*te company we all work for. Incidentally were where the Union when all this was going on?  >:( 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk