News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:07PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 289
Total: 291

Aldi's

Started by mikeyj, 31-10-13, 05:11PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpShunned

A Charming security guard followed me all the way around my newly-opened Aldi store when I recently visited, although in his defence, I was wearing a coat with rather large pockets and wasn't donning my  slave Tesco lanyard so I'll spare him a kick in the gonads on this occasion. I asked a young lady whether they sold fresh pasta but she could only inform that they had 'stuff' life antepasto on the fresh shelves so I left her presence with a nod and a smile (bless her IQ).

Apart from that minor blip, I found the place quite a pleasurable experience compared to to Lidl's and much cheaper than the top four. Their beef slow roasting joint was not only exceptional value but had little gristle taboot. Apparently, it is from some farm somewhere but at the price it was far cheaper than Tesco's own brand of Old Mcdonald's farm beef.

Peace out and have a lovely week both Dick Drastically and Mattley.

Call me

Fill up your trolley very neat and tidy for the staff to throw it back at you as they scan it come on they don't even give you eye contact no hello just want to get thru to next customer and now their poisoining you. I love the eye contact the chat the club card the coupons. Love the interaction from our tesco checkout chicks long may we rein  (-*-)

SensibleSid

Call me.... I see it entirely the other way.
Often I get more recognition from Lidl or Aldi checkout staff. Undoubtedly they scan faster than Tesco staff and are far less likely to be chatting to the neighbouring till operator.
My recent visits to Tesco have both had long delays at the checkout caused by people searching for coupons and then the till operator having to process the coupons.
As to your post, I guess you meant "Reign", although when in the context of some Tesco staff "rein" may be more appropriate.

londoner83

Years ago when profits  in Tesco were high.... cashiers used to be managed on thru put (ie had to scan x number of items a hour).....now you can scan as slow as you want.....and profits are down yet the supermarkets that scan fast have rising profits.

wazziznaime

People  shop more at Aldi ,lidl and even Iceland basically because its cheaper and in a lot of cases better quality (often cheaper even taking into consideration our staff discount) and now that my double time is being cut as one of a number of cost cutting measures  ill be shopping there more .

lucgeo

I personally dislike shopping in other Tescos. I find the cashiers to be slightly offhand, and regularly lack eye contact, through no fault of their own, I may add.

Cashier....."would you like help packing?"
Thinks.....please don't say yes!! Avoid eye contact!

Me.....no thanks

Cashier.....audible sigh, half a smile.
Thinks.....now rehearse, "do you have any coupons you want to use? Brand guarantee. You've saved X amount today, and any other c**p they want us to say or push today!!

Aldi
Cashier......shouts "go and start filling on till one love,get someone there to you in a bit"

Me....thanks

Cashier......that's X amount please

Me .......thanks

Cashier......bye

Me....thanks bye

Jobs a good un, in and out, saved loads, and no long well rehearsed speech.

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Digimon

Not forgetting the 'thanks for letting me barge in front of you with my small loaded basket while you were busy trying to unload your trolley-full of shopping onto the belt' ;D

'Oh it's ok you tw**', says the incumbent customer

'Thanks again' says I, as I wander off with daggers in my back wishing that there was a self-service till I could do battle with just like a real Soopermarcedo.

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

OpShunned

Have to agree with the observation highlighting that it's a lot of bother just to save 99p...

Although, if you can save £7.99 by going to Aldi yourself thus avoiding the £7 fee for a third party to collect it for you, it demonstrates how much one can save? ...and let's face it, with food prices on the upward direction we may well need to make as many savings as we possibly can.

If I was one of the one million+ UK citizens attending food banks every month I would certainly be using the likes of Aldi, Lidl, Farmfoods, Home Bargains etc.

[Tesco, Shutting Every Little Shop ]

Nomad

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/uks-favourite-supermarket-named-out-20876019

QuoteNow, it has been confirmed that Aldi is the UK's favourite supermarket after it took the crown at the Good Housekeeping Food Awards 2021.

Congratulations to Aldi.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Shelf warrior

See Aldi just announced a GA pay rise - new rate £11.40 per hour. Top trumping any other retailer. Tesco can't compete with this ..... 

T.C.1

Very true and if you read a bit more experienced long serving staff are up to £13.14 an hour.  It's a wake up call for Tesco to invest more in their staff and not keep paying millions to their share holders.

FarmerFred

If Tesco don't pay dividends to their shareholders then the value of those shares will drop and Tesco will end up in financial trouble

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk