News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 01:47PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 300
Total: 301

Sickness Policy Question

Started by RayofSunshine, 04-07-19, 07:10PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayofSunshine

Hello

I have a absence review meeting comming up soon.

Page 14 of the Sickness and Absence Policy says
"You're not entitled to be accompanied by legal representatives or family members (unless they also work for Tesco), with the exception of colleagues under 16 years old or those with a specific need for such a representative (e.g. those with special needs or learning difficulties).  In these circumstances and in addition to the recognised representative, we will ask for a parent or guardian to accompany and support you. "

I have been diagnosed with Autism and a Learning Disability.

So I spoke to my people mananger and she offered me another manager to act as my supporter, since my parents are out of the country.

I am not sure I feel comfortable with this...am I correct in understanding that in addition top the manager acting as supporter I am entitled to have a parent or gurdian there?

genome

do you have a support worker?

Ssdd

You should ask for it to be set to another date when your parent is available

Walker

What would help you through the meeting?

Tesco has an obligation to make reasonable adjustments.

This might be delaying the meeting, allowing a friend or colleague to attend, or allowing a support worker, colleague, professional, or charitable volunteer to support you.

RayofSunshine

I do not have a support worker

My parents are not avaliable until the 28th.Postponing it will go over the 8 day limit.

Tesco has offered another manager to provide support, but I am not sure how I feel about this.  Is the policy says that in addition to this manager I can have my parent/guardian there?

I would rather have my mum there

NightAndDay

If this is your first attendance review meeting, I wouldn't worry as you can't be dismissed for it. It will be a quick way to get dismissed though if further absences happen (unless you get a sicknote for the absences, in which case, they'll follow through with the RTW's and the ARM's but they legally can't discipline you.)

RayofSunshine

i am not worried about being dismissed, I would like Tesco to make reasonable adjustments so that I can attend

optout

call here:

The Acas Helpline on 0300 123 1100
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Redshoes

Does the manager attending have special training or has experience with autism in or outside of work?
You can open and adjourn the meeting and state that you want your mum to attend.  They can't ask you to go beyond time scales but if they open and adjourn that is your way of doing so.

lucgeo

Do you have a union rep....this is not a suggestion to have a rep in place of your mum, but to ask the rep to support in regard of arranging an adjournment of the meeting for a later date when your mum can attend.

If you don't have a rep, then it's not a biggie, just ask for a colleague to attend with you, to witness the initial meeting, when you ask for the meeting to be adjourned to a later date so your mum can attend.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

madness

If your parents are out of the country who is looking after you just now?

genome

The fact he can work shows he doesn't need constant looking after. But for stressful situations requirements change.

RayofSunshine

I can look after myself, Tesco is my part time job, I am also a University student..
I do not need looking after, I just work with alot of people who use lots of metaphors and figures of speech. (I usually understand things literally)

ACAS said that they could skype my parents while they are away, and this would be a reasonable adjustment.

Tesco said that would be recording the meeting, they will wait indefinitely until my parents are available

lucgeo

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Slave64

Hi can anyone tell me how long I would get full sick pay, I'm with the company over 30 years a good timekeeper but recovering from an operation I'm off twelve weeks now, is it 16 weeks full pay?

wizard

Yes I had 16 weeks full pay after an op with over 30 years service

Slave64

SoShy

Hi, does anyone know what is sick entitlement for distribution centres for workers on old contracts? Is it changed now to 6 weeks a year or that's for new contracts? Thanks

Ichiban

Does anyone know how best to find out more about Sickness entitlements? I have 20 years service, no extended sick periods, at most a few days here or there over the years, and I've just been told I only have 10 weeks entitlement, not the 16 I thought I had.

Payroll said "The system says you have 10." and couldn't really do anything else about it. Really concerned.

BlueToon

From the current policy;

""6 years +     An additional week for each year of service, up to a maximum of 16 weeks*

* After 6 years' service, the number of paid days' sick leave you took in the previous year will be deducted from your new year's sickness allowance. However, once you've built up a six week allowance it becomes your 'fall back' position - this means that regardless of the amount of paid sick leave you take in any year you will always be eligible for a minimum of six weeks sick pay each year going forward.

To these six weeks, an additional week is added for each year of service, up to a maximum of 16 weeks' sick allowance. If you've got the maximum allowance and take any time off sick, the 16 weeks reduces by the amount of time taken, and you then qualify in future years for the additional one week each year until you reach the maximum 16 weeks again.""

Hope that helps.

NightAndDay

Sounds like there might be issues with Work and Pay then.

Ichiban

Quote from: BlueToon on 23-08-21, 02:27PM
From the current policy;

""6 years +     An additional week for each year of service, up to a maximum of 16 weeks*

* After 6 years' service, the number of paid days' sick leave you took in the previous year will be deducted from your new year's sickness allowance. However, once you've built up a six week allowance it becomes your 'fall back' position - this means that regardless of the amount of paid sick leave you take in any year you will always be eligible for a minimum of six weeks sick pay each year going forward.

To these six weeks, an additional week is added for each year of service, up to a maximum of 16 weeks' sick allowance. If you've got the maximum allowance and take any time off sick, the 16 weeks reduces by the amount of time taken, and you then qualify in future years for the additional one week each year until you reach the maximum 16 weeks again.""

Hope that helps.

That does help thank you but payroll and my manager just saying "You've only got 10 weeks on the system." And nothing else, really just stuck and stumped on where to go next. I know it cannot be correct

BlueToon

I would be putting the query in writing requesting a breakdown of why, after so long with the company, the amount shown on the system does not seem to match what you think you are entitled to as shown in the policy.
They should be able to show where (if anywhere) the amount of accrued sick pay was reduced.
It can happen if (for example) you had a some weeks of sickness some years back.

Morris999

Just a thought, but did you take anytime off for COVID since the start of the pandemic to shield etc?

Luvnonfood

hi sorry to hijack this post could any one help me... when does a AR meeting go out of process say i went back for a day got a welcome back went on holiday for 1 week then worked tues thurs and this saturday/yesterday i got handed a ar meeting letter surely it should be out of process... am i correct..???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk