Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:43PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 293
Total: 297

how can i register to get the tesco "inform" app for staff

Started by carlos, 09-11-14, 09:02PM

Previous topic - Next topic

computerwhizz17

Hi, I know this thread is a few years old, but can anyone help with trying to register for my account login used for yammer etc and inform app?
Every time I enter my employee number I keep getting a '1727 error message' appearing?
TIA

londoner83

You need to go on comms on a in-store mpc and register with to get a .......@Tesco.com sign in. That will let us use inform and Yammer

Leither17

Does anyone know how to get inform trusted on your iphone?

penguin

Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Redshoes

It's a company app, not an apple one so you need to allow it on your phone.

gomezz

Surely any app that does not get put through the official vetting process should not be allowed anywhere near your phone?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Redshoes

I have had on my own phone, for years, and no issues. It's the only app I have like this.
Apple only allow approved developers to launch apps on the App Store, they are more protected because of this but it's up to you what you do. Yammer is on the App Store but it's a Microsoft app, inform is a closed app, just for stores so I assume that's why not on.

Sarbear

Been trying to get the Tesco email registration to work for over a year, it won't recognise my number. Left it and just tried again after literally a year but still the same so I still can't get inform

Redshoes

Email is only for signing in, it's not a live email account. It is just your user name for signing in, to inform, yammer and comms.
Only senior team and above have an active email account.

BlueBoo

how does the app update if it's not on the play store?

I've had it for over a year but I've never seen it update like the apps on google play

I love it, it's a godsend on front end when I can just type something in to get a barcode & check availability for a customer.

Redshoes

I get updates, the updates are sent out by the developer. I have no idea if on play store as I'm Apple. Anyone can launch apps on android but only apple approved developers can launch apps of the App Store. Inform is loaded from ourtesco so it's neither. Yammer gives you links to download from the different stores but inform is different and yammer is Microsoft. We just have our company view.

SimonF12003

Quote from: Redshoes on 17-11-19, 09:43PM
Email is only for signing in, it's not a live email account. It is just your user name for signing in, to inform, yammer and comms.
Tesco Mobile staff as well, they need them to be able to sign in to alll the systems they use

person7

Wait yammer still works? I've not had access since I joined tesco October 2018 and told yammer doesn't exist anymore.

What I'm annoyed is I have access to pda but I still can't sign in to another except the newspaper thing.. So... I have to use inform and no way to charge my phone.  A pain when the pda has more info like when next deliver will be as inform doesn't tend to have that info.

How do I get access to yammer as it says I don't have access.. But also how do I fix pda login as it says I don't exist but if I try to register it says I already have access

My manager couldn't help but agrees I should have access and it's "barbaric" to have to take photos of the bar codes for gap scans etc

Redshoes

It's one sign in for all. If you have inform you already have the sign in for Yammer. You just need the app.

lucgeo

@person7

Your manager couldn't help ??? Seriously  ???
I would suggest you go see your SM and innocently drop your manager in it, by asking the SM, if they have knowledge of how you can get round the problem of the PDA sign on, as it has everyone you've asked flummoxed. He won't know, he'll suggest you ask your manager, you then reply " he doesn't know, shall I phone another store to ask?"

Write down your PDA serial number, then phone help desk so they can access your PDA and either delete your original sign on, refresh it, or check it for a fault.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Duracell

I thought any employee with a TPX ID also has an email option, those with a TPX ID just need to set their @T***o.com up through outlook or office 365 and you have email,office and onedrive
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Redshoes

When you sign in you can sign in to email but it's the store account, if you have that in your privileges. It's all a matter of what you get within the role you do and it all goes back to your employee number so it's the role.
Office is available, I know the team leader uses it at checkouts.

Closetweather

having issue after issue trying to sort my inform account, anyone able to check the stock availability or date of next delivery for the single hot wheels cars.
barcode 074299057854

for the Hanley 5851. possibly surrounding areas too please if anyone would be kind enough, HR cant get their act together to help me

Siwel123

You can't search for the individual make of hot wheels car on the system, all individual cars have the same barcode. You've tons of them in stock and your next local extra and superstore also has a moderate to decent stock of individual cars, however, I couldn't tell you whether they've the model you're after.

Closetweather

seriously? how many does the system say, i know they're all the same barcode. it seems non-food just dont put them out, haha, had a word with one last week and they said they couldnt see any in the warehouse, im only allowed in the grocery and fresh warehouse so couldnt check myself for the massive blue box

Edit: guessing trent vale is the superstore and longton extra is the other?

Siwel123

601 in stock and yep your other stores you mentioned are the ones i was on about

Closetweather

cheers bud, i'll have a word with non-food and ask them what they're playing at, haha

Siwel123

No problem, they've either got it sat on a delivery cage they haven't worked yet, it's just come instore today so they didnt see it when last asked, lost in the extra storage bit and may never been seen again or stock record error, but with 601 i pray it isn't a stock error

Closetweather

yeah, that much of a stock error is a massive concern, there is some stolen occasionally, but i only ever see maybe 4 or so missing from the packages in the box. will look for my friendliest non-food friend and set them on a mission. haha

syotos

Hi all
I have done all this to download it to my S9+ and i still can't open the download, I don't get any error messages at all and yes i have given my phone access unknown downloads, please help as i need this software as I'm visual impaired and I'm a stacker by night

Thanks in advance
syotos
(-*-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk