Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:51PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,123
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 305
Total: 309

Am I supposed to be off for 12 weeks? conflicting info :(

Started by Freebird123, 29-03-20, 03:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamski26

I suggest you stop looking for excuses as to why you can’t be at work and listen to what the medical professionals say and get back to work like the rest of us.

You’ve got the answer from your doctor. You’ve got no letter. You’re confusing this situation yourself. Make a decision and stick to it

Mark calloway

Quote from: Preacherpauly on 31-03-20, 05:45PM
Quote from: Mark calloway on 31-03-20, 03:18PM
I'm a registered carer for my disabled wife and my two kids who are on a clinical trial. Would I qualify for time off? To be honest I'd rather be in work,I've got my pride. Sadly at least one in our store is taking the p**s. He's taking as much time off as possible so he can finish his decorating and play baby games on his Xbox

How is he taking the p**s? Does he fall in to the 12 weeks off category or taking unpaid time off, Or is he just calling in sick and taking advantage of the situation.
he's known for this kind of behaviour. Our manager says he's "an absolute c**t"

Freebird123

Adamski I'm taking it that comment was aimed at me .... wtf is your problem ! .I came on here to ask for advice , because this is such a confusing time FOR ALL WORKERS!! I do wanna get back to work but my health isnt letting me and YES   I am getting a letter of confirmation of being on the vulnerable list, its being sorted tomorrow finally!! The only people that confused the situation was the doctors.  The fact my dosage of steroid tablets was again increased today again and other medication added shows I am NOT making excuses to stay at home,  just looking for help ! For all you guys that have helped with advice thankyou but with your condescending reply Adamski you can shove it!!

Mark calloway

Zoomer999

I’m looking for info regarding the 12 weeks paid leave, I am considered high risk and when this leave was made available I was on annual leave and was not made aware about this until I returned to work on 28/03, I was told about it by a colleague who is aware of my health issues, what I want to know is should Tesco have contacted me at home so I didn’t return to work and put myself at risk??

Redshoes

It's not a fail safe thing. There has been no instruction that I'm aware of saying we need to document illnesses or to go through colleagues files to find vulnerable. The answer to this is unclear. If fully documented it would have been nice to have had that contact. If not documented and just known by some/all it could slip through the net. Some of the things on the vulnerable list are unclear to those who do not know details about that medical condition. We are not dr's and things like 'some cancers' or 'autoimmune' are not crystal clear. There has even been debate about asthma, I was on the understanding that all asthma sufferers are chronic as its a chronic condition affecting breathing.

As a family (not work) we have discussed all this between us. We have followed closely and arranged a way forward. I think that it would be hard to find a family that does not have at least one member effected.  There have been numerous emails from the union and from head office. All the info you need is online for all to see. It has been all over the news, even the support offered by the company was on the news. Your health is your responsibility. The most vulnerable of all were being written to by health authority. There has been online checks to fill in to see if you are vulnerable. There is a duty of care to colleagues but this is unprecedented. You are also responsible for your own health.

Zoomer999

Yeah I totally agree I am responsible for my own health, everything is well documented and I have been through the process so my manager and personnel are well aware of my health issues, I was more curious about Tesco’s duty of care, surely each manager would have a responsibility towards each team member??

Jonathan1970

Quote from: Mark calloway on 31-03-20, 08:38PM
I'm a registered carer for my disabled wife and my two kids who are on a clinical trial. Would I qualify for time off? To be honest I'd rather be in work,I've got my pride. Sadly at least one in our store is taking the p**s. He's taking as much time off as possible so he can finish his decorating and play baby games on his Xbox

How is he taking the p**s? Does he fall in to the 12 weeks off category or taking unpaid time off, Or is he just calling in sick and taking advantage of the situation.

Your manager should not be talking about any member of staff like that.

If the lad falls into the 12 weeks paid through health reasons he should be at home safe, Dont matter if he plays on his x box or paints his house just keep safe.

I know of a 19 year old who works at the local rival supermarket  to ours and was told by his manager he had to work and that he didnt fall into there works time off policy, even though the GP said he does.
The lad is off now after been told to work with suspected Covid19, The manager is apparently shi**ing himself becouse the lads parents have contacted a solicitor and been told if the lad gets confirmed as having Covid19 then its a massive case against company and manager, if also the worst happens, i guess a national uproar will break out.
Manager's need to tread careful when going against trained medical people and government guidelines. 

Redshoes

Quote from: Zoomer999 on 05-04-20, 01:35PM
Yeah I totally agree I am responsible for my own health, everything is well documented and I have been through the process so my manager and personnel are well aware of my health issues, I was more curious about Tesco’s duty of care, surely each manager would have a responsibility towards each team member??

Yes, there is duty of care. However, this will not be a policy in place as unpresidentated times. We have suffered bulk buying, continual changes to routines and updates to try and support our colleagues and customers. We seem to judge our managers on how fast they can work a cage and there has been lots of criticism of managers not being on shop floor. There does need to be a presence but they need to manage. If they need to be aware of and implementing changes they need not to be filling shelves. If they need to contact people who are on holiday as there is a duty of care to make sure they are not compromising someone's health they need not to be filling shelves. On the other hand they need to not make those bad decisions insisting people come to work when they shouldn't. To my mind that is where the duty of care lies. The first responsibility is to the colleagues in the building, the second is to those off. As off on holiday and unable to do normal holiday things I don't see the harm in expecting those on that situation to look after themselves and to ring in if they have have any questions regarding whether they should come back to work or not. The workload is unprecedented during these exceptional times so as long as we are supported in implementing government guidelines I don't see it's an issue letting people be responsible for own health.

Zoomer999

I apologise I wasn’t very clear that I work in distribution so would guess that might be different as most folk who work in distribution know managers don’t really do much apart from coffee and smoke breaks

NightAndDay

Quote from: Jonathan1970 on 05-04-20, 05:00PM
Quote from: Mark calloway on 31-03-20, 08:38PM

Your manager should not be talking about any member of staff like that.

If the lad falls into the 12 weeks paid through health reasons he should be at home safe, Dont matter if he plays on his x box or paints his house just keep safe.

I know of a 19 year old who works at the local rival supermarket  to ours and was told by his manager he had to work and that he didnt fall into there works time off policy, even though the GP said he does.
The lad is off now after been told to work with suspected Covid19, The manager is apparently shi**ing himself becouse the lads parents have contacted a solicitor and been told if the lad gets confirmed as having Covid19 then its a massive case against company and manager, if also the worst happens, i guess a national uproar will break out.
Manager's need to tread careful when going against trained medical people and government guidelines.

I don't know why the manager would be defecating themselves, even if their actions cost the company in the form of a £1,000,000 fine, they would just mateyboy it off with the PM and will be allowed to continue working in the same capacity, acting like the ding dong they are.

In the loop 1.

New update to the policy on the 16 th April. Can now have 2 weeks paid leave to support someone who’s clinically vulnerable etc or extremely vulnerable with a review after the 2 weeks.  May then at the discretion of the manager be paid up to 8 weeks pay or career break unpaid etc.  Have a look on the policies page.
Has anyone had any success with this ?

Redshoes

We have at least six off with 12 wks. Two more opted for lifestyle break. Holidays are as they are but we have more people wanting to cancel holiday rather than take holiday during lockdown.

blueberet

Quote from: In the loop 1. on 22-04-20, 08:04AM
New update to the policy on the 16 th April. Can now have 2 weeks paid leave to support someone who’s clinically vulnerable etc or extremely vulnerable with a review after the 2 weeks.  May then at the discretion of the manager be paid up to 8 weeks pay or career break unpaid etc.  Have a look on the policies page.
Has anyone had any success with this ?
Which policy are you reading this in?

Mark calloway

A colleague of mine is off for a minimum of two weeks with this new policy. His wife has COPD.

fscer

Where can I find this new information? I cant find it.

darklighter

It's on Tesco colleague help, have your one login ready, scroll down and click on 'Coronavirus - People Support Documents' then scroll down and click on 'Vulnerable & Extremely Vulnerable Colleagues Guide' then open the pdf, the temporary compassionate leave policy is on there.

horatiocain

If you have asthma you are classed as vulnerable, that's the end of your GPs input into the issue.

If you are vulnerable Tesco have decided to send you home with full pay, 10 weeks and 2 weeks enforced holiday.

That is all that matters.

If you are vulnerable you need inform your manager hat you will take the leave.
If you're a manager you need to look through the absence files to find those who are  vulnerable too  it's in the policy document that Tesco will endeavour to identify anyone vulnerable.

You don't even need to have had the flu jab, just have been offered it for medical reasons.

Having asthma means you have a listed condition of the policy, it doesn't matter to what degree, if you have a pump or are offered a flu jab you are classed vulnerable.

The GP will not write you a letter, unless you are EXTREMELY VULNERABLE.

Take the 12 weeks, protect yourself, the company and the NHS capacity.

Rad

its about 8 weeks now
all the underlying health people return to work on 11 June.

Mark calloway

My asthma has suddenly reoccurred,had to get a new blue inhaler. I'm not asking my GP for a letter because I don't think I'll get one. Feel dog rough though

gomezz

It is Spring, it is prime hay fever time which for many asthmatics provides the trigger for their condition to worsen.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Mark calloway

sunshineman

if you have been told to take 12 weeks off, do you get full pay or 80% my wife has not been told. She was told that she was not allowed to return to work for 12 weeks. Also, what happens if the government extend the 12 weeks. She is very worried about her job.

dotnochance

Yeah I’m off for the 12 weeks as well, and I’m now pretty worried about when the lockdown ends and the second wave hits. All venerable staff will be back to work! And I can’t see Tesco paying to give us more time off

Redshoes

Quote from: Mark calloway on 26-04-20, 02:27PM
I know but I don't suffer from hay fever

You don't suffer from hay fever until you do. It can kick it at any point.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk