News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:26AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jester21

Blackcat I agree i work on PI dept and its mainly Grocery change theres me who works 7-12 then we another who works 5-1 i can usually do 1000 labels in my time so sometimes i am legal before i go and sometimes not, Rest of the week is easy and have plenty of time to PV and always help filling, So if you think PI have it easy I think you should look at filling as many nights there on therre mobile, walking around the store etc etc So its not us just have it easy i think everyone have it easy not always but on occasions, Our PI runs by it self as its very rare I see my Manager, Tesco is a good company when run right and have the right managers in place instead of putting kids in charge who know sweet fa,

fatboy

NightAndDay, what makes you say this? Do you have any info or is it just more speculation?

Bacons

"Shift leader/TM structure change looks likely to be announced for superstore "

Haha. This has been comical so far  ;D

Morris999

@Fatboy, it's pure speculation at the moment, however that being said most managers and switched on CA's have seen it coming since Express went that way afew years back.
Only last year Metros changed, that coupled with the managing by hours instead of payroll introduced last year, the switch to electronic training record cards and online safe and legal books in week 1.
Holiday and overtime eventually moving online too after my shift launching in afew weeks.
Investigatory meetings are now a matter of completing the online training for shift leaders upwards( lead team can dismiss colleagues as long as relevant training is completed).
All colleagues being given there own @tesco logins, plus everything else currently in the pipeline, there won't be much left that Team Managers do if anything that Shift leaders cannot pick up.
Why would Tesco pay most Team managers £24k+ when they can switch everyone to Shift Leader pay.
There's a Team Manager restructure coming, whether it's this year or sometime in the next few years is to be seen.
Suppose it depends if DD wants to go out in a blaze of glory🙂

takethemoneyandrun

How can people not see this coming.Senior management also needs a big shake up we dont need 2 senior managers in our super store one of them is getting paid for doing sweet F.A...
The T.M are just overpaid shelf fillers...

londoner83

Said it all along if you can run a £1million +'extra on a Sunday with just 3 managers in why do you need over 15 on a quite mid weekday

mike360

Not happening this year.

mike360

No further nights to days this year either.

fatboy

Nice to see you back m360.

fatboy

Can you give us any info around what's going on at the moment & in near future? Thanks

sadoldman

Hopefully the bakery will go part bake loads of mangers have been saying the bakery will be next so something is going on 

fatboy

Yeah deffo something going on but too much speculation as to what. Hoping m360 can shed some light on it as he has done many times in the past.

heyyouguys

m360 is still around he comes up on the users online but unsure if they have been sussed

Gizmo

Definitely good to see you back on here m360

spacerman

If they hit merchandising again i'm gone there is little enough time to get everything done, that is unless they put hours back into the business because they realised it was a mistake.

HenryHoover

Definitely something going on. Zoom call with Jonathan Taylor for all SMs at 10am Monday followed by a big meeting in the afternoon. Makes me nervous.

Mickymouse1962

Bring on the letter

Freddie31

Good to see m360 back on here

Jethro

Another day another zoom :thumbup:

penguin

Who is Jonathan Taylor, the guy doing the zoom call on Monday, not come across that name before.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Rad

Head of superstores and extras.

Jobless

Hopefully all the TMs will be pumped just like when the TLs went and shift leaders will be introduced to large format. Too many people have had it too easy for too long. Most of the TMs in my old place were too busy thinking they were better than the other. I think they should have 1 Sm, 2 senior and 3 Box Supervisors on the day shift and in stores with a night shift just send a baby sitter.

rogerthedodger

Great to have m360 back only person who gives us the info we need

Leelo

In our superstore we have had our non food/clothing TM removed due a "soft" structure change and both departments are being given to the Ambient and Twilight TMs. Any other shops had this done recently?

King1999

We had this done in our store (superstore) when they first started getting rid of night team and using the twightlight set up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk