News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 01:30PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 279
Total: 280

Morrisons

Started by kaled78, 23-01-20, 04:30PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaled78

Morrisons saying they are cutting 3000 managers,who knows where the axe will fall next

Long gone

Anyone heard what they are doing at Morrison’s ? Axing 3,000 managers and either making them redundant or having them step down to become shelf stackers ? They need to do this at Tesco but with ALL managers. All useless.

Freddie31

I have heard from reliable source that all senior team are going,   at Morrisons.

CLEARERskies

Long gone, not all managers are useless. Some of us do care and we are still human beings and make errors. The attitude that managers are useless will turn around and bite some of your backsides like you wouldn't believe. I'd love to see some departments run smoothly without someone behind slow, lazy waste of space staff cracking the whip. While I agree there are some useless managers (I've met many in my time at Tesco) to label everyone the same is incredibly stupid.

penguin

Sadly it seems to be long gones hobby to come on here and s**g off all managers at any given chance, rather a sad thing to spend your free time doing really.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Redshoes

Agree with Penguin. Long gone has probably left the company, if you go by the name,but is sad enough to continually pop up calling all managers names. Assume he rates this on how fast the can work a cage, funny thing is that's not even in the job description.
As for Morrison, it seems that we are all the same. What one does the others follow. Retail is a tough environment now. Those that hope to finish with us should have a plan to work in another field. It's same thing but different company, even Lidl and Aldi. I have known several people try it with them but they doing last.
The reply to this will be someone who has moved on, now earns twice the money for less work but continues to follow what goes on. If I left I would do just that, draw a line and move on. Life is too short and I can think of lots of better things to do with my time.

Dougall

Another massive generalisation opinion from N+D again 😆

penguin

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9143467/Morrisons-announces-British-supermarket-pay-staff-10-hour.html

Morrisons staff to be paid £10 per hour, subject to there Union accepting the offer.

Morris999

Devil is always in the detail, from what I’ve been told they are losing there annual bonus to fund it, and rumours are some other benefits too.

NightAndDay

But Tesco also has no bonus and still pays less.

Redshoes

Terms and conditions are changing with pay rise, in some retailers.

NightAndDay

It's always been the case recently, but in terms of staff benefits and compensation across Retailers as a whole, with the exception of M&S and Waitrose, there isn't much left they can take away from what's offered to ca's etc, all except Tesco I believe don't have some sort of premium for sunday working while Tesco doesn't have a bonus scheme in place for their non-managerial roles.

Morrisons will have neither (except Bank holiday premium, that will stay I believe everywhere) but will offer £10 an hour, which in the grand scheme of things is an improvement overall (if not much of one) Tesco et al will no doubt follow suit, I wouldn't be surprised if Tesco does away with Sunday Premium as part of the increase to something along the lines of a £10 per hour ca wage increase.

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lol its me

They should never have been allowed to buy Safeway, joke of a company! mind you I left them and joined Tesco, more fool me I guess.

Nomad

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2021/08/morrisons-lines-up-ex-tesco-boss-as-new-chairman/

QuoteMorrisons has reportedly lined up the former Tesco chief executive Sir Terry Leahy as its next chairman, as the supermarket's takeover war continues.

Leahy is in pole position to fill the role due to his retail nous and previous track record at discounter B&M, The Telegraph reported.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

penguin

Morrisons in the news for all the wrong reasons today, how anyone could think this would be just having a laugh is beyond me, correct call made by both Morrisons and the tribuneal in my own humble opinion.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10349741/Supermarket-team-leader-loses-unfair-dismissal-case.html

NightAndDay

I think a big area of concern is that she's a Team Leader, a position entrusted by the powers that be in HR. Now even though the chain rule legal principle isn't applied anywhere around the world. I'm a firm believer of it, afterall she either was promoted to that position by the judgement of a manager or recruited into that position by HR, uncomfortable questions needs to be asked and the metaphorical dressing downs distributed accordingly.

lucgeo

I don't even think it should go into that much deep thinking  8-)

Basically, it's common knowledge that  the wearing of the hijab is a cultural one, based on their beliefs and customs. Even if they didn't, why would they think it acceptable to remove it without the wearer's consent?? Would this lady think it was just having a laugh, to pull a crucifix from around a persons neck, or rip someone's piercings out, because she felt they looked better without them in?

Think the TL position went to the persons head, thinking she could do as she pleased...seen it so many times before  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Nomad

Quotepulled down her Muslim colleague's hijab without her consent on 'two separate occasions' in acts which were deemed 'disrespectful' towards the colleague's religion.

I also believe the wearing of the hijab is a cultural matter dictated by men and not a religious matter.  But I also think the TL was wrong in what they did. 
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Totot

Hijab is religious matter, while niqab and burqa more a cultural.

NightAndDay

Quote from: lucgeo on 28-12-21, 05:06PM
I don't even think it should go into that much deep thinking  8-)

Basically, it's common knowledge that  the wearing of the hijab is a cultural one, based on their beliefs and customs. Even if they didn't, why would they think it acceptable to remove it without the wearer's consent?? Would this lady think it was just having a laugh, to pull a crucifix from around a persons neck, or rip someone's piercings out, because she felt they looked better without them in?

Think the TL position went to the persons head, thinking she could do as she pleased...seen it so many times before  :-X

I think the manager responsible for the promotion/recruitment of this individual should also face sactions due to exercising poor judgement in the recruitment or promotion of this bigoted individual, the government can make so much money in failures of corporate governance, all it takes is a mateyboy director here or a Mickey Mouse HR manager there making a shameless decision and then the government can fine said dodgy company £1 trillion and subsidise soaring gas prices.

VladPutin

Quote from: CLEARERskies on 24-01-20, 12:34PM
Long gone, not all managers are useless. Some of us do care and we are still human beings and make errors. The attitude that managers are useless will turn around and bite some of your backsides like you wouldn't believe. I'd love to see some departments run smoothly without someone behind slow, lazy waste of space staff cracking the whip. While I agree there are some useless managers (I've met many in my time at Tesco) to label everyone the same is incredibly stupid.

Absolutely correct.

It's no more than 93% of managers who are useless.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk