Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:23PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,118
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 312
Total: 318

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvaSees

Quote from: sfo on 09-07-18, 11:56AM
That was part of the big 6 that they failed on hence giving us a lower bonus than the year before - what a company!!!
I believe the result across the company was 83% on the last one?

Every time it comes round people say they will do a bad WMTY, yet the results continue to defy common opinion, mathematics, reality and credibility. We all know anyone daring to speak to the truth somehow doesn't fill it in, and those that do are manipulated to get a better result. Like everything else, the WMTY result is another carefully manipulated number that does not reflect the actual reality - as both a measure and a mechnism to affect change it's become meaningless.

his scots tie

Quote from: Shaunacy01 on 11-07-18, 01:21AM
Can anyone tell me when the dates are for the calculations for managers cusion payments please .
Can I also ask General assistants and managers when you work a  bank holiday do u get minuses 7 .5 hrs before you get paid bank holiday pay will only apply if contracted .
Thankyou
As far as i am aware if you work a Bank Holiday you get 7.5 hours knocked of your basic pay.This is for your day in liue.It appears on your oay slip Bank Holiday and shows 7.5 hours pay pluspremium.So it looks like a bank holiday was worth working,when in effect you have 7.5 hours knocked of basic pay.

Lacky

A challenge to drastic Dave and co and Mrs foukes why not work at a store not saying who you are and see the conditions you have and are creating by your actions  :-X

monsterandmadman

Quote from: GreenGrocer on 10-07-18, 03:29PM
Sign the contract as per the TMs request and write at the bottom 'refer to last contract for accurate weekly rate'. If you are given a WMTY score the place low on all aspects. File grievances, take sickies and work at a a snails pace.  :)

If I were to do this, what are further steps afterward? Or is this to simply put into an official document that I have basically logged a grievance?
I'm getting NOTHING from my manager regarding how's and when's. Apparently the HR manager is coming in today, so I'll be speaking with her, fingers crossed for me. I wonder though, is there any way of asking for the working out for my case? Apparently every single employee has their calculation done singularly, therefore, there should be some form of electronic or physical documentation regarding my lack of money in the form of the cushion payment.

sfo

I emailed Tom hillc**k at Tesco benefits and asked for a personalized breakdown, unfortunately he is away until tomorrow, can you imagine the size of his in-box, I'm not hopeful of getting an answer.

sensible_woman

I'm contracted to work 10.5 hours on a Sunday but, as yet, have not received a letter for the compensation payout and some others seem to have.  Have I been forgotten? Should I chase it up?

sfo

I think everyone should chase it up if only to make the b....rs work  but general thinking is that if you haven't got a letter you're getting nowt

Jadz420

Can anyone let me know if I'd be getting any payout. I work Sunday and Monday 6 hours each day but ain't received anything from my manager. Thanks

Millie

Quote from: sfo on 11-07-18, 02:46PM
I emailed Tom hillc**k at Tesco benefits and asked for a personalized breakdown, unfortunately he is away until tomorrow, can you imagine the size of his in-box, I'm not hopeful of getting an answer.
whats his email please

his scots tie

I emailed employee relations and got the usual BS for a reply.Basically said pay would decrease at second stage of paydeal,but increase at third stage.

sfo

That's rubbish cos my old contract says 396 3per cent of that is just under 12 quid and I'm losing 16 per week never mind the money I lose before November. Also I got back from a trip and the desk support girl handed me my contract and told me to sign it. What does the fact that my contract is
Being handled by someone on a lower rate than me say about their confidential ity and data protection ?
he

Ducky316

The team managers in our superstore all got compensation for losing sun premium lol not one ga got a penny

JL

Quote from: sfo on 11-07-18, 05:02PM
That's rubbish cos my old contract says 396 3per cent of that is just under 12 quid and I'm losing 16 per week never mind the money I lose before November. Also I got back from a trip and the desk support girl handed me my contract and told me to sign it. What does the fact that my contract is
Being handled by someone on a lower rate than me say about their confidential ity and data protection ?
he

SFO you're clutching at straws most company's will have a HR administrator who will handle all contracts on less wages than most if not all employees in that organisation.

sensible_woman

Forgive me if I'm being dense here but what is the actual criteria for getting a payout for working sundays? At my store someone got a payout and they weren't contracted for sundays and yet I work many hours on that day.

monsterandmadman

Spoke with our HR lady today...It is basically a like it or lump it situation as we all know by now.
My main grievance was not knowing how they work it out if we do/do not receive a cushion payment, and that of how do they justify me now losing £13 per week for the next five months!
She did state that the comparable dates of wage for the cushion payments are November '16-November '17 with that of November '18-November 19.
So basically, for the year November '18-November '19, if I'm doing the same 30 hours per week, 8 being on a Sunday, I'm better off by £538.72. So basically, a 4% pay rise.  :(

cityboy

In our history as Tesco workers, dave lewis will go down as the worst ever friend of the staff who do the hours and work that have made Tesco what it is. He has cost so many of us in lesser wages, t.& c., and making a once genial and proud workforce into people who feel trodden down, put upon, and undervalued. The value that Tesco have put on us loosing money on Sunday from down again double to time and a half to time and a quarter, shows how little we are thought of. Dave lewis, I could have sold the family jewels, and ripped off staff to maximize profits. But what I could not do , is live with my choices that meant young families can't afford mortgages, despite loyalty to Tesco, have to visit food banks despite wanting to work full-time. Dave Lewis, hurry up and f*** off, all you have done is sell out and bring us all down. The worst C.E.O. ever!

sfo

Quote from: Millie on 11-07-18, 03:39PM
Quote from: sfo on 11-07-18, 02:46PM
whats his email please
Tesco.Benefits@Tesco.com

JL

Quote from: cityboy on 12-07-18, 03:43AM
In our history as Tesco workers, dave lewis will go down as the worst ever friend of the staff who do the hours and work that have made Tesco what it is. He has cost so many of us in lesser wages, t.& c., and making a once genial and proud workforce into people who feel trodden down, put upon, and undervalued. The value that Tesco have put on us loosing money on Sunday from down again double to time and a half to time and a quarter, shows how little we are thought of. Dave lewis, I could have sold the family jewels, and ripped off staff to maximize profits. But what I could not do , is live with my choices that meant young families can't afford mortgages, despite loyalty to Tesco, have to visit food banks despite wanting to work full-time. Dave Lewis, hurry up and f*** off, all you have done is sell out and bring us all down. The worst C.E.O. ever!

:thumbup: Agree

sfo

I'd like to know if everyone on here has been given a new contract in the last couple of weeks. Are they being pressured into signing them immediately and is this going on all over the country?
The reason I want to know is this. When I got a pay rise in November 2017 my new contract wasn't presented until March 2018. However when I get the "pay rise" on July 1st (which results in me being paid less) I am being pressured to sign the new contract within two weeks. I'm just wondering if there is some ulterior motive. Pressure tactics used in my CFC have included - not being allowed to take the contract out of the building unsigned, unwritten promises that any shortfall would be made up, suspension if the contract isn't signed and in the words of my delivery manager "well if you don't sign then you can't work for Tesco". However he did back down when I mentioned constructive dismissal.

If these tactics are going on all over the country it will show that there is deliberate policy to hound Tesco staff to agree to this pay cut. Shame we don't have a union to turn to.

surlaroute

Quote from: sfo on 12-07-18, 07:11AM
I'd like to know if everyone on here has been given a new contract in the last couple of weeks. Are they being pressured into signing them immediately and is this going on all over the country?

Absolutely nothing yet but I'm only in on weekends. I'm convinced that the appalling way this has all been communicated to us will be what forces them to make good on this one, it's unacceptable on so many levels but the communication side, even from the small sample of reports here and on ourtesco, cannot be ignored or denied. They've acknowledged that this whole thing is about meeting the living wage - you don't f**k with people that close to the line and not give them sufficient notice, especially if you're docking their pay for 5 months and calling it a raise.

sfo

Quote from: GreenGrocer on 11-07-18, 08:13PM
Quote from: sfo on 11-07-18, 05:02PM
he

SFO you're clutching at straws most company's will have a HR administrator who will handle all contracts on less wages than most if not all employees in that organisation.
Fair point. But in every other organisation I have worked for the contract came from HR or a senior manager or in a sealed envelope if coming from a third party. Not left in a pigeon hole for a delivery assistant to pull out and  placed in front of me in front of other drivers. to be honest I couldn't give a toss who knows how little I earn, we are all in the same boat, but it is another example of bad practice.

Millie

Quote from: cityboy on 12-07-18, 03:43AM
Absolutely 100% agree . We remained steadfast through all the bad times only to be treated as an unnecessary cost now . An appalling way to treat staff .

bugsbunny

No new contract for me yet and when they do get round to doing them I will not sign it.

Totot

Quote from: sfo on 12-07-18, 07:11AM
The reason I want to know is this. When I got a pay rise in November 2017 my new contract wasn't presented until March 2018. However when I get the "pay rise" on July 1st (which results in me being paid less) I am being pressured to sign the new contract within two weeks. I'm just wondering if there is some ulterior motive. Pressure tactics used in my CFC have included - not being allowed to take the contract out of the building unsigned, unwritten promises that any shortfall would be made up, suspension if the contract isn't signed and in the words of my delivery manager "well if you don't sign then you can't work for Tesco". However he did back down when I mentioned constructive dismissal.

If these tactics are going on all over the country it will show that there is deliberate policy to hound Tesco staff to agree to this pay cut. Shame we don't have a union to turn to.
Havent got a new contract even my sl said there were some new one already.
I dont know alot about law in uk, but my guess is they want you to sign it before the next pay day. Having lower pay without new contract that stated how much you earn, that meant the old contract still binding, at least where i come from. So breach of contract, not only the company have to pay what it stated in an old contract (if you have not sign a new one), but the company have to pay penalty or kind of for breaching contract ( again i dont know how law in here)

Same with the words saying that tesco will compensate staff that got affected by the change (i forgot the actual word on the booklet, something about negative impact financially), these should be decide by competent body with court order, as we know the formula doesn't really fair for most people who work on sunday.
The promise of people who worse of will have something but in real most of us will loose some income for 5 payday. That five payday lose against the increase on november minus pay before that, will take sometime to break even. So in real we will have pay rise not earlier than next year. But again i dont know much about the law here.

his scots tie

There was something on store communication last week that stores do not have to print contracts of as a result of the recent changes.So you may well not get one to sign this time.As regards transition payment what Tosco are saying  is comparing your pay in nov 16 you are have earning more in nov 17 and nov 18 so no payment.Think a full timer working 36.5 hours inc sundays is earning about £66 per month more in Nov 18 than 16.Whilst i agree its a disgrace that we have to have a five month pay cut and communication as been nil thats the way this company operates.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk