News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:48PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,123
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Food Stock Managers

Started by beentheredoneit, 01-10-19, 08:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madness

wait out for redundancy or protected pay as a dot com picker easiest job in the shop immune to checkout calls and if its not on the shelf not your problem. easy money

Wirey2020

Does anyone have the annual restructure process pack?? Does it state reasonable or suitable?

NightAndDay

The law states reasonable and suitable, therefore Tesco has to comply as a minimum.

madness

Well they have managed to make a previous, pi role merged with stock control and merchandising as a "soft structure" as well as non food inc into grocery which is a huge job.

In the loop 1.

Wait till they merge counters and dairy into one and call that a soft structure change or produce and Isb. Whatever's next ?
Either way it's a joke. Give me redundancy any day.

NightAndDay

Quote from: madness on 10-12-19, 12:40PM
Well they have managed to make a previous, pi role merged with stock control and merchandising as a "soft structure" as well as non food inc into grocery which is a huge job.

I believe there was an article where a manager successfully sued Tesco for constructive dismissal over how they handled a "soft structure change". She was suspended for questioning the changes to her role.

DJL

I'm still in current role, and like somebody said previous, I'm not getting any additional work for future activities, I'm left out of the conversation; don't know if that's because I'm pushing everything back in relation to the Informal Chat, or is there more to it!

I know there is no ' suitable, alternative' role for me, this is probably the case for those that are still left in role (they know that too) and I'm sure given a large number, by the sounds of it, have been redeployed, once the Xmas period is out of the way, a more formal conversation will take place in relation to removing us from the role.

Stubbo

So what does everyone think about structure changes after xmas? Manager cull? Team Support? Will they carry on with the structure now in place in metro and Express stores?

Welshie

Quote from: madness on 10-12-19, 12:40PM

In a store with no nightshift the stock/admin manager now manages non-food stock control,  fresh stock control,  pi , space and range and wages/admin . This seems a huge job for one person .

NightAndDay

Quote from: Justwaiting on 11-12-19, 04:13PM
So what does everyone think about structure changes after xmas? Manager cull? Team Support? Will they carry on with the structure now in place in metro and Express stores?

2 seemingly likely restrctures is Team Managers being replaced by Shift Leaders in SS and cluster site Express SMs becoming more mainstream.

Stubbo

Quote from: NightAndDay on 11-12-19, 06:19PM

2 seemingly likely restrctures is Team Managers being replaced by Shift Leaders in SS and cluster site Express SMs becoming more mainstream.

Would that mean protected pay for ex Team Managers as Shift Leader is the same rate as Team Support?

Gizmo

Whilst discussing future structure changes anyone currently working in a metro and how is the structure working am I right in thinking they have one team manager if so what does the role mainly consist of also how the overall structure works or not.

NightAndDay

Quote from: Justwaiting on 11-12-19, 07:00PM
Quote from: NightAndDay on 11-12-19, 06:19PM

Would that mean protected pay for ex Team Managers as Shift Leader is the same rate as Team Support?

Yes, however, the lowest earning Team Managers are only on about £1k-£1.5k a year more than a full time shift leader depending on if the shift leader works sundays/bank holidays meanimg protection pay might not be that much unless you're on 26k a year+ as team manager.

randomworker

Quote from: Gizmo on 11-12-19, 09:19PM
Whilst discussing future structure changes anyone currently working in a metro and how is the structure working am I right in thinking they have one team manager if so what does the role mainly consist of also how the overall structure works or not.

I'm guessing it would depend on the size of the metro.

We have store manager, 2 team managers, 3 full time shift leaders and 2 part time shift leaders.

Wirey2020

So....limbo comes to mind....any expectations from anyone with new year just around the corner?

londoner83

Very quite this year on what changes are being planned.

Stubbo

So what are everyone's thoughts on what's to come?

Hammer10

Just like the winter we have not had yet it will all hit the fan soon me thinks😔

Samantha

Quote from: Justwaiting on 17-01-20, 07:57PM
So what are everyone's thoughts on what's to come?

With Asda closing their meet and fish counters, it is worrying time again for Tesco part time counters.

Redshoes

with the brief that we have had in store about update to tablet, S&L books and training it looks to be admin and wages. Could be auditors too with these changes and the introduction of the hub.
More coming to tablet, can access your own shift patterns. Is this exceptions and booking holidays going on line too, if not it sounds like not far behind.
S&L books going online, removes the need to be audited in store. 
Training, all new colleagues will no longer need training record cards and existing will retain cards for as long as they are relevant.
Huge changes and possible knock on effects.

kaled78

with managing by hours introduced,I can see sickness going up as if holidays are eventually booked online first come first served,managers "favourites" will no longer get all the good weeks

lucgeo

Valid point...it gets rid of asking for specific dates, to be told already booked and noted by manager should you then go off sick on those dates. Also be interesting to see if 5* weekends and Christmas holidays are blocked, as currently there is a " no freeze weeks" in the partnership agreement, yet it's common practice by most dept managers to block these weeks.  To display it on the tablet, by SM's discretion or similar, would be in contravention of the agreement.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Redshoes

Wk 1 update does not mention holiday bookings or exceptions. Just viewing shifts but I do think the rest won't be far behind.

King1999

The Sims ....... f***s sake that's what the business model is now.When did the twatco dlc become available.Dlc (download content) for non gamers.

Nomad

[admin]Food Stock Managers[/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk