Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:27PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 272
Total: 275

Bakers, are you affected how do you feel?

Started by forrestgimp, 25-02-20, 07:17PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smithers

Thanks for the reply that is tricky then, 16k an look for work or look for second job.

heyyouguys

The least hours you can put in on a availability form  is what you are contracted to same for days your contracted to but then you can put as many as you want if your desperate to stay but as stated above is your job matched redundancy is not offered

Samuel137

Say on the availability form you filled out a couple years, you put that you'd be willing to move department or store. Can they go on that or is that only valid for a certain time?

heyyouguys

You have to fill new availability form in anyway so state all info on the new availability form

heyyouguys

They will go off info you put on new availability form

lucgeo

Quote from: heyyouguys on 26-02-20, 12:37PM
The least hours you can put in on a availability form  is what you are contracted to same for days your contracted to but then you can put as many as you want if your desperate to stay but as stated above is your job matched redundancy is not offered

No the least hours you can put, is the least hours you are willing to take, same as the least/most days your willing to work, to enable you to be job matched.

You state only the hours/ days you currently are contracted to on the form for a better chance of redundancy.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

NightAndDay

If you want a higher chance of redundancy, you have to make your availability as restrictive as possible, i.e same hours requirements and schedule as your current situation.

2amSunRise

Quote from: lucgeo on 26-02-20, 11:53AM
Quote from: 2amSunRise on 26-02-20, 10:52AM
How do we actually go about trying to get the redundancy? We've been told you get put into a pool. Bakers and packers separate. Those with the worse attendance or availability will be the first to go. But those who do well get to stay and if we can't do the hours in the bakery then we can go else where in the store if there's a job going. My question is, is there anything we can actually say or do to get them to agree that although we are good and want to keep us, we can have redundancy? More people want to leave than stay but I don't think tesco will allow this. Letting go those who have a worse record and giving them a chunk of money feels like those of us who are hard working but want to leave are going to get punished and not given the redundancy. Hope this makes sense

You're being fed half truths...
If they have matched hours to your current contract, which also match your availability form and where you stated alternative dept or store, then if you then refuse you are not eligible for redundancy.
If more than one people apply for an available vacancy,  then it goes on criteria...a pointing system e.g. Length of service, if you are a first aider, USDAW rep etc. would gain an extra point.
I'm pretty sure your sickness record cannot be taken into account.
Again I'd reiterate, if you want redundancy, ONLY state your CURRENT hours and availability on the form...do not say you will do less hours/ different shifts or days, DO NOT STATE you will consider another store, only put dept's instore that you would really want to work on. If you're a full timer, state the dept's which have less hours contracts (mainly all of shopfloor now!)
Do not believe you have to put least/most hours on the form...untrue!
Do not believe you have to explain your lack of availability...untrue!
You are a skilled baker, on a specific dept, and have a dept code, therefore your position is being made redundant. You are not an unskilled CA, with no recognised specific dept.
Take a witness into every meeting, write down your questions beforehand to ask at the meeting and get a copy of the notes made with the answers to your questions.
Also ask if your higher grade will be permanently recognised on an unskilled dept, as you would technically be taking a demotion therefore suffering a detriment.

Brilliant thank you.

Janjan1976

Hi, I was just wondering what sort of questions should I be asking when I go into these meetings?? This is the first time that I’ve had to go through this! I’m with the company nearly 20 years! Thank you in advance x

Jethro

Quote from: Janjan1976 on 26-02-20, 03:04PM
Hi, I was just wondering what sort of questions should I be asking when I go into these meetings?? This is the first time that I’ve had to go through this! I’m with the company nearly 20 years! Thank you in advance x

Availability,  willing to move departments , willing to move store, minimum hours, maximum hours

heyyouguys

Quote from: lucgeo on 26-02-20, 01:22PM

No the least hours you can put, is the least hours you are willing to take, same as the least/most days your willing to work, to enable you to be job matched.

You state only the hours/ days you currently are contracted to on the form for a better chance of redundancy.

When you tick the boxes on availability form you have to put minimum what shifts you work there is separate part for minimum and maximum hours and days you work I've probably explained it wrong so hope this makes sense it's what we did in may with counters

lucgeo

Quote from: Janjan1976 on 26-02-20, 03:04PM

You will be given a letter if you are at risk, and you will be given a meeting whereby it will be clarified whether or not your job is at risk. If it is, you should be given an future appointment slot, request a rep be in attendance for every future meeting, which they are obliged to arrange, not you! In the next meeting  you will be informed that your role is affected and the 30 day consultation period starts from that date. You should be given a predicted redundancy forecast at this meeting. In the first meeting, say little, but let them tell you what the situation is, agree to nothing! Ask them to confirm that you will be assured the paid four half day shifts, for any interviews you may secure with other employers. Ensure you are provided with a copy of the notes of the meeting. You will be given the next appointment date, however you can request a meeting in between if you wish.

lucgeo

Quote from: heyyouguys on 26-02-20, 05:21PM
Quote from: lucgeo on 26-02-20, 01:22PM

When you tick the boxes on availability form you have to put minimum what shifts you work there is separate part for minimum and maximum hours and days you work I've probably explained it wrong so hope this makes sense it's what we did in may with counters

You do not have to put LESS hours than you do now in the  minimum hours/shifts/ days you can work.  you can  state the same contract you do now, you can put more hours/shifts/days in the maxi, if full time these would stay the same unless your willing to go to six days?

Ahh, just re read your initial post, think we're singing from the same hymn sheet  :thumbup:

smithers

yeh im just superconfused now lol

on min I put what I do now an on max all im available?

Whyohwhy

So sad to hear of the scratch bakeries going, I had 15 yrs in the bakery and was a fully skilled baker and then a bakery manager, then moved to compliance, and then fell victim of the drastic Dave effect. Now work mon-Friday and on more money but I don’t half miss the bakery. Such a shame to see these people who are passionate about there job now at risk

Good luck to anyone affected but please be reassured there is life after tesco

maisie

This just says it all!! I am one of the affected bakery staff. A manager in the store I work in told his wife who also works in our store about our bakery and what was happening to us. She then came in yesterday and told us before we heard officially. We complained about the both of them and so far nothing had been said to either of them. Store manager and our bakery manager have not said a word to them. How can this be right. We are strongly thinking of a collective grievance.  :-X

madness

Seeing as it was public knowledge yesterday I fail to see the issue. Poor form to gossip about it. but that's all.

lucgeo

Quote from: smithers on 26-02-20, 06:41PM
yeh im just superconfused now lol

on min I put what I do now an on max all im available?

If you want redundancy.... on min you put what you do now...days/ shifts / contracted hours, same on max. Availability same shifts as now.

If you want to stay and are prepared to drop hours...on min you put the least amount of hours you are prepared to drop to, days... the min or max you are prepared to come into work, availability window..., the earliest you can start and the latest you can finish.

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

letmego

Can you confirm the direct quote...Bakery manger situation will be announced when the manager review happens later in the year. Here's hoping 😁
Thanks
Quote from: superstore_tl on 25-02-20, 11:01PM
Breifing given in my shop today
Bakery manger situation will be announced when the manager review happens later in the year
Only 200 something scratch bakeries will stay all the rest to change
All stores will be 6pm closing
Jobs offered before redundancy an offer. Around 1000 available online
Criteria to be confirmed with Usdaw and applied like last year Counters change
Collective consultation starts from week 1

lordadmiral

Quote from: 2amSunRise on 26-02-20, 10:52AM
How do we actually go about trying to get the redundancy? We've been told you get put into a pool. Bakers and packers separate. Those with the worse attendance or availability will be the first to go. But those who do well get to stay and if we can't do the hours in the bakery then we can go else where in the store if there's a job going. My question is, is there anything we can actually say or do to get them to agree that although we are good and want to keep us, we can have redundancy? More people want to leave than stay but I don't think Tesco will allow this. Letting go those who have a worse record and giving them a chunk of money feels like those of us who are hard working but want to leave are going to get punished and not given the redundancy. Hope this makes sense
Hmmm problem is that probably 90% of stores is heavily over hours. So no chance to keep them in-store. On top of that people in our store been told that they will lose some more hours on counters. So who knows what's going to happen.

kaled78

we keep getting told our store is over hours,yet .com keep recruiting new pickers and drivers,as no one lasts in the job long,as the woman who runs it is a useless and treats staff like c**p

forrestgimp

Quote from: maisie on 26-02-20, 07:31PM
This just says it all!! I am one of the affected bakery staff. A manager in the store I work in told his wife who also works in our store about our bakery and what was happening to us. She then came in yesterday and told us before we heard officially. We complained about the both of them and so far nothing had been said to either of them. Store manager and our bakery manager have not said a word to them. How can this be right. We are strongly thinking of a collective grievance.  :-X

It was in the press and a company email was sent out the day before, why are you bothered about how you found out and by whom?

Redshoes

If you are full time and on fixed contract you can put the hours you are contracted to on the availability form, same for part time.
If you are on a flexi contract you have to put down hours over and above your contracted shifts, this stands for full time and part time. You don't have to have full availability but you do have to be flexible or you are in breach of your contract.
If you don't want to stay put down minimum but if you do only put down what you can actually do but add comments. The comments matter. If you can work Tuesday mornings but only one wk in four, put that down. If you have a second job, put that down. If you have social or any other commitments, put that down. You are allowed a life outside of work but you can't put down available to work Tuesday's but then repeatedly turn them down when offered as a shift move or on overtime. Your availability should truly reflect what you are able and willing to work. You don't have to explain your availability, just don't put down what you can't do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk