News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 05:46AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,128
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 432
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 402
Total: 403

10% bonus for Coronavirus

Started by MonkeH, 30-03-20, 01:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightAndDay

I'd say some in-store Tesco managers would be among those that would be very hard to justify national living wage for, actually, any actual money would probably be too much to ask, Beefocubes per hour would be more appropriate for these waste of skins.

Dougall

I think someone is enjoying being a troll here .

Nomad

#Nowanexmgr I won't waste space quoting your reply re: government advising shops to stay open suffice to say that as you did not address your obvious error directly I'll take your reply as an admission of you being incorrect.

Please discontinue diverting topics.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

madness

Quote from: NightAndDay on 01-04-20, 07:39PM
I'd say some in-store Tesco managers would be among those that would be very hard to justify national living wage for, actually, any actual money would probably be too much to ask, Beefocubes per hour would be more appropriate for these waste of skins.

Still havn't seen a single reply about who should be on the NMW or what Tesco staff should be paid.

Dougall

What do you mean ? Temp staff?

Nowanexmgr

Quote from: Nomad on 01-04-20, 08:43PM
#Nowanexmgr I won't waste space quoting your reply re: government advising shops to stay open suffice to say that as you did not address your obvious error directly I'll take your reply as an admission of you being incorrect.

Please discontinue diverting topics.

Methinks you are a little hard of understanding fella.

The govt firstly advised all non essential businesses to close to help with social distancing etc. They expressly did not include food retailers (particularly supermarkets) in this advice, thus by extension they are advising we stay open.

Of course they are. We are an essential service at this time. Helping folk stay alive by providing them with food they can buy.

None more so than tesco. One of the worlds finest retailers. I'm proud of the efforts my company is making during this crisis. They really are top of the pile.

Tesco are back.

#proudmanager 

madness

Nowexmanager while I agree with most of the points you make you make them in such a bating way I have to believe you are doing it to get a reaction from the complete doom mongers on this site who hate their job so much and believe they should be paid £15 an hour for what is basicly lets be honest unskilled work.

I'm sure there is exactly the same type of site and people on it as here with asda maybe called "thats asda pr**k*" or Aldickheads whatever.

frankly I am quite happy getting 10% bonus on my wages imagine what those are going through who have lost their jobs and will probably get the virus as well as us?

Mathias casablancas

How can someone who hasn’t got a job and probably 6 days of the week not leaving their house stand just as much chance as coming into contact with the virus as a Tesco worker? Coming into contact and breathing the same air with 2000+ people a day for 5 days a week?

How does that work?

Regarding the 10% , you could look at it from the opposite angle you mentioned. Most other businesses have been forced to close, Tesco should count themselves lucky they are one of the few who can continue to sell, and also have better sales than Xmas. They are the lucky ones, all reward and no risk

leeds106

Does anyone know when this 10% bonus will be paid as noone in my night team has been paid it on this months pay

chris9997

1st May and 28th May in the brieffing

Pimpernel19

Quote from: Nowanexmgr on 01-04-20, 06:03PM
Quote from: Nomad on 01-04-20, 04:59PM
I don't think the government have advised Tesco or any other supermarkets to remain open, they have merely told them that they can and of course they knew that that is exactly what they would do.

Fewer MM hiding in offices and Costa Coffee and instead lending a helping hand on the shop floor etc may encourage others.

"Wearing this uniform is a privilege for which you are very well recompensed.;D

Considering the millions the company earmarks for publicity per annum and VLH is supported by individuals I'm not sure it's fair nor necessary for the company to have a mouthpiece or two on VLH.

Re: your first sentence.. if you were a Tesco exec what would YOU do? Would you stay open, providing a service to tens of millions of people or would you close down, leaving your staff with no income?

I'm nobody's mouthpiece, I'm just a simple soul who takes enormous pride in my company. Now more than ever.
Everyone has pulled together hugely the last few weeks. I've barely had to speak to any staff about slacking, money has been rolling in making us profit which keeps us all in work and to top it off the guys at the top have gifted us a bonus that they didn't have to.

I love this company. Tesco are back.

#proudmanager

Big Daves stripey shirt rent boy hath spoken  :D

Pimpernel19

Quote from: madness on 01-04-20, 10:07PM
Nowexmanager while I agree with most of the points you make you make them in such a bating way I have to believe you are doing it to get a reaction from the complete doom mongers on this site who hate their job so much and believe they should be paid £15 an hour for what is basicly lets be honest unskilled work.

I'm sure there is exactly the same type of site and people on it as here with asda maybe called "thats asda pr**k*" or Aldickheads whatever.

frankly I am quite happy getting 10% bonus on my wages imagine what those are going through who have lost their jobs and will probably get the virus as well as us?

Have you actually worked out what 10% will be on your wage? I do hope you've got a prearranged funeral plan because by the time this virus has finished with you that bonus you are chuffed to bits with won't cover it. Never mind eh, Your store manager might send a nice letter of condolence and a reduced bunch of flowers to your family,,,If you are lucky.

taliahad

I've just looked at my payslip and I haven't got the bonus, I'm PFS, do I not get it?  Fuming

Pathfinder

It's not payed in this months wage ...May pay day you will get it

Hammer10

Maybe they should have been a bit clearer.Some expected it this month,idiots.

Mark calloway

Come on,how the hell would you get a bonus for tge hours you've worked from march till MAY in April's wage?? It's not rocket science for pitys sake

Hammer10

The way I read it was it was for hours worked so you would expect from when it started till last Thursday then same again next month.

taliahad

Quote from: Mark calloway on 02-04-20, 08:27AM
Come on,how the hell would you get a bonus for tge hours you've worked from march till MAY in April's wage?? It's not rocket science for pitys sake

I beg your pardon, no need to be so insulting.  Without being informed otherwise, a lot of us just assumed that our pay would go up by the 10% for the hours that we've worked in this last pay period.  I don't think anyone expected the whole amount from March to May to be included.  I don't think I'm an idiot for expecting some bonus in this months's pay.   What is the matter with some people?

madness

Quote from: taliahad on 02-04-20, 09:21AM
Quote from: Mark calloway on 02-04-20, 08:27AM

I beg your pardon, no need to be so insulting.  Without being informed otherwise, a lot of us just assumed that our pay would go up by the 10% for the hours that we've worked in this last pay period.  I don't think anyone expected the whole amount from March to May to be included.  I don't think I'm an idiot for expecting some bonus in this months's pay.   What is the matter with some people?
Except Mark Calloway is right. How can you put pay into tomorrows pay from a period that worked right up to the cut off point a few days before it. You all claim to be intelligent highy skilled clever people clearly "slumming it" at Tesco but don't understand the basics.

It was perfectly clear if you know about the 10% the information on when it was to be paid was on the same sheet of paper/email.

taliahad

What sheet of paper/email?  I only know what I've read on here and I haven't read everything. 

Hammer10

I am the same when it was announced I was on day off as usual not all of us given the full message.

Nowanexmgr

And yet...and yet... these wastes of skin are your bosses. Directing you daily, telling you what to do..managing your performance, ensuring you dont slack off. Controlling you if you like, to use an older job title.

What does that make you?

Tesco are back.

#proudmanager

taliahad

Oh dear, being a tesco manager isn't much of an achievement in life.  I've done better, this is a winding down job for me.  Whilst some are very good and do get the most out of their staff, quite a few of them are just dreadful and rely on bullying.  Being a tesco manager isn't something to be proud of, not in my opinion.

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

barafear

In terms of communication, I admit that Tesco is not the best - but the info about the bonus and the upcoming 15% staff discount for "a full month" is on the Ourtesco website - which we all have access to.

Am I allowed to put links to that on here?

Erring on the side of caution probably not - but go to Ourtesco - log in - and then look at "news and views" (I think) - and scroll back a few days and there it is.

In terms of the bonus itself - I'm ambivalent as to whether it's generous or not - at the time it was announced stores were rammed with customers and sales were through the roof - now that we've introduced social distancing methods - reduced number of tills open and limiting numbers in store - clearly sales must be down on a normal period -

However, in terms of profits, margins must currently be higher than budgeted/expected - most multi buy offers have been removed in line with the limits on purchases -

We all like to "look above" and think how much bonus our managers will make - I'd guess that it will be much more than 10% - and that will be based on a whole year's salary - so as it stands, our 10% for about eight weeks, is the bare minimum.

I have been disappointed about the slow response for providing the appropriate safety equip for staff - but it has been a very fast moving turn of events - but the least that we could have been provided (even before the social distancing was introduced) was the option to wear masks/gloves etc.

Anyway - keep safe everyone!! And enjoy your 15% discount on the "artificially higher prices in store" for the next month (from Next Monday that is!!)

NightAndDay

Quote from: Nowanexmgr on 02-04-20, 11:44AM

And yet...and yet... these wastes of skin are your bosses. Directing you daily, telling you what to do..managing your performance, ensuring you dont slack off. Controlling you if you like, to use an older job title.

What does that make you?

Tesco are back.

#proudmanager

I'm above manager level, I did say some managers, not all. As a general rule, if a manager can't work out 7 x 3 in their head then the promotion, recruitment and development strategy needs looking in to.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk