Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:35AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 235
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 231
Total: 234

Bakers, are you affected how do you feel?

Started by forrestgimp, 25-02-20, 07:17PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamecila

This was posted on our internal Tesco store Face Book page:

Dear Colleagues

As your aware that we will be in receipt of a 10% bonus on hours worked paid.Please see below when this will appear in your pay

When will the bonus be paid?

It will be paid in arrears and directly with your regular pay.

•   Bonus for eligible earnings between 8 March and 4 April will be paid on 1 May 2020

•   Bonus for eligible earnings between 5 April and 2 May will be paid on 29 May 2020

You must still be employed on the payment date (1 and/or 29 May 2020) to receive the bonus payment. If you leave Tesco for any reason before these dates you will not receive the payment.

I assume the bonus is happening in all stores. The bonus is in appreciation of hours worked during this Covid 19 outbreak. I think that this is wonderful, as we are essential workers.
However, I work in the bakery full time and I am about to be made redundant. My finish date is May 2. I am grateful to accept the appreciation bonus for the hours that I have worked March 8 through April 4.
I assume that I will NOT receive the bonus for any hours that I work between April 5 through May 2, as it clearly states that I must be employed on May 29 to receive it. I don't mean to be unappreciative but, if this is true, it is unfair. If I've worked the hours, I should receive the bonus.

kateluff

you need to get your union rep to bring this up

Oldman

Quote from: Eamecila on 05-04-20, 11:13AM
This was posted on our internal Tesco store Face Book page:

Dear Colleagues

As your aware that we will be in receipt of a 10% bonus on hours worked paid.Please see below when this will appear in your pay

When will the bonus be paid?

It will be paid in arrears and directly with your regular pay.

•   Bonus for eligible earnings between 8 March and 4 April will be paid on 1 May 2020

•   Bonus for eligible earnings between 5 April and 2 May will be paid on 29 May 2020

You must still be employed on the payment date (1 and/or 29 May 2020) to receive the bonus payment. If you leave Tesco for any reason before these dates you will not receive the payment.

I assume the bonus is happening in all stores. The bonus is in appreciation of hours worked during this Covid 19 outbreak. I think that this is wonderful, as we are essential workers.
However, I work in the bakery full time and I am about to be made redundant. My finish date is May 2. I am grateful to accept the appreciation bonus for the hours that I have worked March 8 through April 4.
I assume that I will NOT receive the bonus for any hours that I work between April 5 through May 2, as it clearly states that I must be employed on May 29 to receive it. I don't mean to be unappreciative but, if this is true, it is unfair. If I've worked the hours, I should receive the bonus.
to be honest I don't really care yes it's unfair but since social distancing came in working in the bakery has become simple and boring I'm looking forward to life outside Tesco rather than thinking about penny pinching from head office

polar

I am unfortunately one of the "lucky" ones who get to stay, is anyone else's bakery looking fundamentally broken?  lost 2/3 of staff, I am no mug.  I know if they can't fill the t*rd hours from the pool of exiting staff, those hours will be lost.

I've asked the question how do we operate. To which there is no answer, why didn't it just go full bake off to start?

Oldman

Ours is going from 4 full time skilled one part time skilled and a semi skilled to one full time skilled and two part time skilled plus however many un skilled the are hoping to get and retain I'm lucky to be out but would love to be a fly on the wall when the full time baker is on holiday

psmith1968

Full s*** in our store keeping it quite given letter sayin have job but not sure what times
Been skilled baker for 14 yrs onther Baker  same but made redundancy

Samuel137

Can they even do that? Surely they should be informing you of the hours you're gonna be doing.

psmith1968

Got meeting this week so find out

Samuel137

Oh ok, I'm hoping to have a meeting this week but the majority of mangers are off sick at the moment so not sure it will happen, maybe by phone?
I've already been told they cant match my hours so we'll see what happens.

Oldman

Had my 1st formal meeting told only jobs available were dot com driving ( not interested been a baker nearly all my working life ) gave me my redundancy info so I'm off on may 2nd couple of irons in the fire won't be out of work for long good luck to all those losing their jobs and good luck to those who keep theirs

cheesy cob

Good luck 🍀oldman
Wish I was going, been job matched 🤨
Would of jumped on redundancy as got 18 years service

Samuel137

Out of 4 skilled bakers and 2 semi skilled, none have been job matched. Most staff got their redundancy package meeting yesterday.

Hammer10

We are keeping 4 skilled bakers shame I had 40 years with company would have retired early.A few packers at reduced hours.

Oldman

Quote from: cheesy cob on 08-04-20, 04:19PM
Good luck 🍀oldman
Wish I was going, been job matched 🤨
Would of jumped on redundancy as got 18 years service
thanks CheesyCob I have done quite well 28 years service  and get to keep my discount card for life best of luck to you mate

Gymbunny

Not job matched. I'm the lucky one, the other 2 skilled bakers got to keep their jobs although one had a job lined up and wanted to go too.
They are doing every other Sunday as well and dropped to 34hrs each.
Just keeping one of our packers on less hrs and 2 temp part time packers shifts available.
Can see it closing totally or going bake off in the not too distant future.

Baker boyz

Does anyone know if your premiums for 3.00am starts pay protected?? I've been job matched but going from 5 3.00am starts down to 2 with the rest later starts.

Hammer10

Yes protected for 2 years but no pay rises until eroded away so I was told.

NightAndDay

With the way the NLW is raising, the protection pay policy needs a review, as things stand the protection pay will erode quite quickly.

BarryZola

Quote from: Gymbunny on 09-04-20, 02:08PM
Not job matched. I'm the lucky one, the other 2 skilled bakers got to keep their jobs although one had a job lined up and wanted to go too.
They are doing every other Sunday as well and dropped to 34hrs each.
Just keeping one of our packers on less hrs and 2 temp part time packers shifts available.
Can see it closing totally or going bake off in the not too distant future.

If they wanted to go why did they make themselves available for Sundays, different hours and a cut in hours? Didn't think that one through did they when doing their availability forms?

cheesy cob

Quote from: Hammer10 on 09-04-20, 05:01PM
I was told pay staying the same so no need for protecting my pay skilled and early starts just stays as is .if any change in skill or early start I see that as not a job match and I want 
My redundancy

Gymbunny

Quote from: BarryZola on 09-04-20, 06:26PM
If they wanted to go why did they make themselves available for Sundays, different hours and a cut in hours? Didn't think that one through did they when doing their availability forms?

Both said they hadn't put down a Sunday.
I just made sure I wasn't willing to change days or drop hrs.

lucgeo

8-) if they didn't put Sunday on their availability forms, then they weren't job matched...Sunday remains optional.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Gymbunny

Just found out they did, no idea why they said they didn't. Suits me though.

StinkyPoo

All the bakers in my store have been made redundant! Leaving 2 packers who are part time. No idea what is going to happen. The packers haven't been told anything else yet. We are an extra with dot com, are we honestly going to have no bakery at all? Unless the bakery manager is going to do all the baking!

lucgeo

Quote from: cheesy cob on 09-04-20, 07:13PM
Quote from: Hammer10 on 09-04-20, 05:01PM
I was told pay staying the same so no need for protecting my pay skilled and early starts just stays as is .if any change in skill or early start I see that as not a job match and I want 
My redundancy

Get that in writing...if they can't fill RHRP they may come and tweak straight after the redundancy date.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk