Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-03-24, 02:55AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,969
  • Total Topics: 622
  • Online today: 80
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 76
Total: 76

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lackofinterest

he's an immoral scumbag >:( >:D

Billy Budd

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 09-01-17, 11:04PM
Quote from: Billy Budd on 09-01-17, 08:16PM
Quote from: dilligaf on 09-01-17, 03:42PM
I don't think its time to Lord it over anyone at this time, the managers are being treated like s**t around this, & don't for 1 min think that it wont come to most of us in some way in the near future & you will be treated no different... You may have views on managers but they have family's homes etc just the same as you & I wouldn't wish this treatment on anyone...

I'm sorry to say, but I feel NOTHING for the team managers at my Depot, especially my shift manager!!! These past couple of weeks, our managers have walked about in groups sniping and ignorant, their anger mostly fuelled towards agency and Occupation health workers...Its been nothing short of disgraceful! Perhaps a couple I could mabey show positive regard, but they have showed virtually No grace or empathy towards the guys on the shop floor!

Good bye and good riddance!!!  :thumbdown:

Billy Budd

Now let's put your  whole childish and immature outlook in to prospective, the job losses won't end with the management restructure and the closure of the 2 DC's, the wording of the announcement (should you read it properly) indicates further changes are to follow i.e. wave 1 , phase 1/ phase 2 , so don't think for a moment  you're safe .

If Tesco really want to emulate, the German discounters model, then they will be looking at introducing zero hour flexible contracts, i.e. there's no work for you here today, but we want you to go and work in the store 25 miles away , there is also likely to be a reduction in the Tesco headcount at every dc .

The company undoubtably will be looking at ways of cutting all DC's across to the "new" t&c - which will be ably abetted by the "partnership" - see you in a few months time , when you appear on the should have gone to spec savers advert ....

Arizonarugby,

You're one to talk about badmouthing work colleagues, just look back to some of your postings....you really need to polish the brass on your neck!!! (sniggers)
you've sniped and looked down your nose at some of the posters on here, and quite
frankly old boy, you should wind yer neck in!

Yes, I've been harsh in my criticisms of team managers on my shift, and I stand by what I say...no question. Any I not allowed to voice my opinion without wee Harpies like you fluttering about the forum?! And I must empathise that I only stated managers on 'My Shift and DC'
I would NEVER criticise the personnel at the two depots who are to lose their jobs and livelihood...Why on earth would I!??

And yes, my DC's terms and conditions could change (although, according to you we're already doomed!) and if my heads for the guillotine, then so be it! But in the mean time, I'll enjoy my t' & c's...(mon-fri, three breaks, retained pay, overflowing overtime, etc!)

Over twenty years service and counting....💰💰💰

picktocube

Quote from: lackofinterest on 09-01-17, 11:28PM
Quote from: picktocube on 09-01-17, 03:08PM
If there are less than 100 redundancies then only 30 days consultation is required.
says who? f***in tesdaw no doubt >:( >:(

nothing to do with Tesco or Usdaw . Check the link on the right hand side of the VLH homepage ,takes you to Gov .uk.  Just standard redundancy regulations.

Arizonarugby

Billy Budd

I won't wind "my neck in" but I will bite me tongue!! The following phrase / quote by the "little princess "clearly displays your perspective on life

"Enfin je me rappelai le pis-aller d'une grande princesse à qui l'on disait que les paysans n'avaient pas de pain, et qui répondit : Qu'ils mangent de la brioche"

I wish you a long and happy career with Tesco !!!!!!!

[admin]A reminder that posts must be in English.[/admin]

blutopia

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 09-01-17, 11:04PM
If Tesco really want to emulate, the German discounters model, then they will be looking at introducing zero hour flexible contracts, i.e. there's no work for you here today, but we want you to go and work in the store 25 miles away , there is also likely to be a reduction in the Tesco headcount at every dc .

I doubt they will need to go to zero hour contracts but there can be no doubt about the direction of travel where full-timers are being phased out and replaced by flexi-contracts.  Full-timers are often loyal, long-serving colleagues and while most businesses would praise and respect such employees, Tesco want the exact opposite because full time + long service = expensive to make redundant.  And full-timers are more likely to be able to afford the 7.5 per cent pension contributions that the company is obliged to match.  But of course, the less loyalty the company has to its workforce, the less loyalty the workforce has to the company.  Terms and conditions are now in a race to the bottom - as close to the legal minimum as they can get away with - so it won't be long before almost any other job is better than at Tesco, if not in terms of pay, at least in terms of more sociable hours.  Drastic underestimates the stability provided by full-time staff and conversely the potential for a mass exodus of staff on flexi-contracts wherever local job vacancies are good.

lol ok

Has anyone heard any feedback from the express trial, what's working, what's not etc?

belfast driver

Anyone heard how many are to go at Belfast and Antrim Dc,s? All seems to be hush hush.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

snowyowl

Quote from; blutopia

I doubt they will need to go to zero hour contracts but there can be no doubt about the direction of travel where full-timers are being phased out and replaced by flexi-contracts.  Full-timers are often loyal, long-serving colleagues and while most businesses would praise and respect such employees, Tesco want the exact opposite because full time + long service = expensive to make redundant.  And full-timers are more likely to be able to afford the 7.5 per cent pension contributions that the company is obliged to match.  But of course, the less loyalty the company has to its workforce, the less loyalty the workforce has to the company.  Terms and conditions are now in a race to the bottom - as close to the legal minimum as they can get away with - so it won't be long before almost any other job is better than at Tesco, if not in terms of pay, at least in terms of more sociable hours.  Drastic underestimates the stability provided by full-time staff and conversely the potential for a mass exodus of staff on flexi-contracts wherever local job vacancies are good.

I am curious with regards to your comments about loyalty, I am a DC worker and in all my years working for Tosco I have never witnessed any loyalty to Tosco at all. It's my belief that a vast majority of colleagues have been the subject of a bullying regime for so long they have no loyalty for Tosco whatsoever. I honestly believe that this vast majority would take redundancy tomorrow should it be offerred.
At present, with changes to SYA and SYP it is clear and without doubt that Tosco are trying desperately try to deplete their workforce and if they can't do it legally they have been proven to be quite happy to do this otherwise. Due to this there is no respect or trust at this Depot with regards any level of Management. People clock in, do their bit and clock out.  >:(

Equalizer87

Snowyowl

I agree with you. I don't  believe their is any real loyalty to the company, especially now after all they have done.
Certainly everyone I know still with Tesco are waiting for a redundancy offer and they are quite open about it. And anyone I have spoke to that had been affected by redundancy, took the offer without question.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

blutopia

Snowyowl/Equalizer87

Strange though it may seem, I do know several colleagues who I would describe as loyal.  Many are seeing the light, of course, but only because of how dire things have become in the last couple of years.  I am aware there are others who have long since had their spirit trampled into the ground by idiotic and bullying managers and so do the bare minimum they need to in their jobs.  Personally, I tend more towards the latter - I just don't go so far as joining the awkward squad.  While I would jump at the chance of redundancy, I do feel sorry for those who are worried about their jobs.

Equalizer87

Blutopia

I too feel for those with jobs possibly on the line. They shouldn't have to work in an environment of uncertainty of security being it redundancy or "managed out of the business" through accelerated dismissal procedures.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

londoner83

The push towards part time colleagues will have long term effects on the company. Most options candidates come from full time or virtually full time staff. A large proportion of management come via options.

In 5 or so years very few people will want to develop and the company will be forced to hire more and more external managers  (who often can't hack Tesco Retail).

Full time staff are often loyal; dedicated and will go the extra mile. Someone on 15hrs a week with 2 jobs can't give you that and will jump ship as soon as anything better turns up.

JL

The only option is redundancy or a using. The options is used to get Tescos finest to work extra hours for nothing and take the flack for LMs. Who can hack the place just now it's a joke. Someone on 15 hours will just wait on the next round of redundancy which the company is famous for and cash out and move on to the next place as no matter where you go you will get the same or better money.  Rumour is that people join them for the redundancy alone.  :)

snowyowl

:)Having just read my local evening news paper I am pleased to report that our CEO has stated that;
"our priority throughout this process has been our colleagues and we will continue to do all we can to support them at this time"
There, that should reassure you.

Sadly he goes on to say "these changes will help to simplify our distribution operations" and "Management structures will be simplified as part of the overhaul"

Well, we know how they intend to simplify the Management structure but I haven't seen any evidence of them continuing to support them.

There is also reference to creating additional jobs at both Reading and Middlesbrough, I know both Reading and Middlesbrough and one thing I can tell you is that they may be able to employ people at Reading but they will struggle at Middlesbrough. The Depot there has a terrible reputation locally (no offence) and they struggle even to keep agency workers.

They continue to amaze me with b*llsh*t they continue to announce to anybody stupid enough to listen to them  >:( >:( >:(

Equalizer87

Quote from: londoner83 on 10-01-17, 06:29PM
The push towards part time colleagues will have long term effects on the company. Most options candidates come from full time or virtually full time staff. A large proportion of management come via options.

In 5 or so years very few people will want to develop and the company will be forced to hire more and more external managers  (who often can't hack Tesco Retail).

Full time staff are often loyal; dedicated and will go the extra mile. Someone on 15hrs a week with 2 jobs can't give you that and will jump ship as soon as anything better turns up.

The idiots pushing forward these changes won't be here in 5 years, so they will not have to deal with the fallout from it. They are just vultures, here to collect what they can before they disappear.

Billy Budd

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 10-01-17, 09:13AM
Billy Budd

I won't wind "my neck in" but I will bite me tongue!! The following phrase / quote by the "little princess "clearly displays your perspective on life

"Enfin je me rappelai le pis-aller d'une grande princesse à qui l'on disait que les paysans n'avaient pas de pain, et qui répondit : Qu'ils mangent de la brioche"

[admin]A reminder that posts must be in English.[/admin]

What a truly awful comeback..That the best you can do!?? (sniggers)

Away to do my 12 hours overtime shift!

snowyowl

Translate for me please, I don't speak German?  :D

Arizonarugby

It's basically a quote from French philosopher Jean - Jacques Rousseau reflecting on some people have a scant disregard for other people's suffering as they are ok themselves and relates to an alleged quote by Marie Antionette, who when told the peasants were starving because they had no bread, responded with " let them eat cake "

Unfortunately, such a this I'm alright jack attitude is not confined to history

The full translation is

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the peasants had no bread, and who responded: "Let them eat brioche."

Whilst there is no record of her actually saying this, but she showed a scant disregard for those less fortunate than herself . The moral of the story is don't kick people when they're down, because it could be your turn next - Marie Antionette was trialled and convicted of treason and subsequently  beheaded  in 1793.

snowyowl

Thank you Arizonarugby  :D

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Billy Budd on 11-01-17, 10:36AM
Quote from: Arizonarugby on 10-01-17, 09:13AM
Billy Budd

A reminder that posts must be in English.

What a truly awful comeback..That the best you can do!?? (sniggers)

Away to do my 12 hours overtime shift!

Clearly you have missed the moral and context of the quote ?

Nomad

[admin]snowyowl & Arizonarugby the topic is "Management Restructure?", thank you. Nomad.[/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

tasha66

It appears the cull is not over they're coming back to do some more at distribution to go with what they've already done.
Management are being culled more, another 1 off each shift by looks of it.

Arizonarugby

My has (finally) been given the numbers , 4 shift managers cut to 3, team  managers cut to 15 (reduced by over 50 %) .

Clearly Tesco are trying to build the structure of both the DC's and the stores on the German Discounter Model - perhaps if Tesco sold 2 brands of  beans , cornflakes etc , but they don't - the question I'd like to ask Drastic Dave & Matt the T@@t , if yours going to adopt the Aldi / Lidl Structure  when are they going to adopt their pay structure ( they pay a whole lot money than Tesco).

The frustrating thing is that all the paraphernalia now has the tag tag line " look after your people, and they'll look after the customer, who'll look after Tesco  ..... Joke

Equalizer87

It's been quite clear Tesco  have been wanting to implement the Discounters structure since Drastic took over. It the only real way they can make money now and after the shrug that Tesco got for the Xmas trading I'd say it's going to come think and fast now.

Arizonarugby

Perhap if Tesco hadn't wasted millions of pounds on trying to break in to the US market, they wouldn't  have to be taking such drastic action.

Perhaps if some clever @@@t hadn't tried to inflate Tesco profits (for their own benefit) the DD and MtT wouldn't have to treat thief employees like s@@te

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk