Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-03-24, 08:49AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,969
  • Total Topics: 622
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpShunned

Is that correct? If it is, they're not hanging about are they  :( How many jobs would that entail ?

tasha66

Welham green to close

xtrouble

A message from Matt

QuoteOver the past couple of years we have been taking steps to transform our business and set up Tesco for the future. As the retail sector and the needs of our customers change, it's vital we make sure every part of our business is set up in a way that best serves our customers.

Making sure food and other products are delivered to our stores on time is a key part of this, and so today we are announcing some changes to our distribution operation which will help us run that part of our business more simply.

As part of these changes, we are proposing:

To close our Welham Green Distribution Centre and move its grocery operations to our Reading site.
To close our Chesterfield Distribution Centre and bring the majority of general merchandising into one site at Middlesbrough.
To withdraw from the shared hanging garments distribution centre in Daventry which is currently operated by third party DHL. Its clothing operations will move to nearby Tesco Daventry Distribution Centre.
To bring all our warehouse operations that are currently carried out by DHL and Wincanton in house.
To simplify our management structure across all distribution centres.
These changes are about improving the way we operate and ensuring the best use of our existing sites, as well as removing unnecessary complexity from our current distribution operation.

We have been speaking to colleagues from all sites about what these changes will mean for them, and we will continue to do all we can to support them at this time.

Matt Davies

CEO UK & ROI

baldeagle

Re the last paragraph, Snodland were informed at 15.00 hours today. Not much talking there then.

Arizonarugby

"These changes are about improving the way we operate and ensuring the best use of our existing sites, as well as removing unnecessary complexity from our current distribution operation"

So let's remove all the bulls@@t from the above statement from MD... this basically means running the operation for less money and getting us all to work harder for our crust of bread...

No doubt come the end of the very MD and DL and their cronies will have nice big bonus cheques ..... let's not forget that this year DL got the equivalent of a 12% pay rise will telling us the company couldn't afford more than 1.5% - talk about lining your own pockets ....

Hammer10

So that's the stores been messed with ,now the distribution ,what next.

Equalizer87

It's not over for any part of Tesco, stores or distribution.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Expressdude2016

picktocube

Quote from: tasha66 on 09-01-17, 04:53PM
Welham green to close

Yep ,got my phonecall this afternoon......freedom     :)

Equalizer87

Picktocube

You got your redundancy call then??
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

picktocube

Oh yes countdown starts now ,have to wait til June.

Equalizer87

Plenty of time to pick a holiday then ;D

snowyowl

Best wishes Picktocube, how are you going to contain yourself for five and a half months?

londoner83

If depots are losing 50% of their managers would it be wrong to assume that this will also be applied to large superstores and extras in the not to distant future.

Billy Budd

Quote from: dilligaf on 09-01-17, 03:42PM
I don't think its time to Lord it over anyone at this time, the managers are being treated like s**t around this, & don't for 1 min think that it wont come to most of us in some way in the near future & you will be treated no different... You may have views on managers but they have family's homes etc just the same as you & I wouldn't wish this treatment on anyone...

I'm sorry to say, but I feel NOTHING for the team managers at my Depot, especially my shift manager!!! These past couple of weeks, our managers have walked about in groups sniping and ignorant, their anger mostly fuelled towards agency and Occupation health workers...Its been nothing short of disgraceful! Perhaps a couple I could mabey show positive regard, but they have showed virtually No grace or empathy towards the guys on the shop floor!

Good bye and good riddance!!!  :thumbdown:

OpShunned

Drastic is aping the German model to ensure his survival. multi-layered management at store level will be stripped out to mirror those he sees as competition. the 'heirarchy system' in store will be decimated in my view.

Customers will walk into stores with an android device, scan their goods, walk out without needing to 'checkout'  and get billed accordingly. How many store management types will you need?

Their app will advise them the item they are purchasing is short-dated so it's up to them to proceed with the purchase (non-refundable. Any complaints will be dealt with central intelligence at the Distribution Points.

Shopping will become a purely functional operation.

Equalizer87

Aldi/Lidl model of running stores is exactly What Tesco are wanting, they are making solid profits margins on a far smaller structure compared to the big four. Tesco will try to create a bigger profit margins  using this structure.
Tesco current structure is not pushing the margins they want, hence the cost savings exercises to make all seem as if it's working.
Even the statement about the DC job losses was described by Matt the tw*t as " simplifying our distribution", paint a pretty picture and hope the markets like it, that's all they are doing.

Arizonarugby

Let's face it Tesco is not Aldi or Lidl and not natter
how much spin DL and MD put on it , the operation of the "big four" is far more complex than the discounters.

Firstly , there's the product range 5000+ compared with less than 500 .
Secondly, there's secondary operations (OTB, Express, Seasonal, horticulture ) being pushed through fresh DC's
On top of there's the impact changes to there store delivery schedule, forced on to depots by replenish being moved from the nightshift to twilight fill.

So DL and MD In the words of Edward Smith and William Murdoch , icebergs , I see no icebergs, and no matter how try to paper over the cracks with the promises of the creation "new roles" you are undoubtedly steering this ship in to oblivion

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Billy Budd on 09-01-17, 08:16PM
Quote from: dilligaf on 09-01-17, 03:42PM
I don't think its time to Lord it over anyone at this time, the managers are being treated like s**t around this, & don't for 1 min think that it wont come to most of us in some way in the near future & you will be treated no different... You may have views on managers but they have family's homes etc just the same as you & I wouldn't wish this treatment on anyone...

I'm sorry to say, but I feel NOTHING for the team managers at my Depot, especially my shift manager!!! These past couple of weeks, our managers have walked about in groups sniping and ignorant, their anger mostly fuelled towards agency and Occupation health workers...Its been nothing short of disgraceful! Perhaps a couple I could mabey show positive regard, but they have showed virtually No grace or empathy towards the guys on the shop floor!

Good bye and good riddance!!!  :thumbdown:

Billy Budd

Now let's put your  whole childish and immature outlook in to prospective, the job losses won't end with the management restructure and the closure of the 2 DC's, the wording of the announcement (should you read it properly) indicates further changes are to follow i.e. wave 1 , phase 1/ phase 2 , so don't think for a moment  you're safe .

If Tesco really want to emulate, the German discounters model, then they will be looking at introducing zero hour flexible contracts, i.e. there's no work for you here today, but we want you to go and work in the store 25 miles away , there is also likely to be a reduction in the Tesco headcount at every dc .

The company undoubtably will be looking at ways of cutting all DC's across to the "new" t&c - which will be ably abetted by the "partnership" - see you in a few months time , when you appear on the should have gone to spec savers advert ....

lackofinterest

Quote from: snowyowl on 09-01-17, 09:46AM
Genuinely, good luck today Arizonarugby, I understand the next step is that you find out if you're on the "at risk list" Not definitively whether you are going or not, just if you are "at risk" or not.
It's not enough that in the recent past, they have told you that TM's will be going, they now intend to torture you further by informing you if you are or are not on an "at risk list"
I find it difficult to imagine a more moral destroying, humiliating, embarrassing way to treat staff. They have already ruined your Christmas and now they are happy to ruin your New Year.
The people responsible for this need some education in humility, they are a disgrace. Lastly where are the Union, I know there is little they can do but they should be all over these sites supporting their members to the end. Conspicuous by their absence again, again disgraceful.  >:( >:( >:( 
we all know where usdaw are. in tescos back pockets >:( >:( >:(

lackofinterest

Quote from: picktocube on 09-01-17, 03:08PM
If there are less than 100 redundancies then only 30 days consultation is required.
says who? fuckin tesdaw no doubt >:( >:(

lackofinterest

Quote from: baldeagle on 09-01-17, 05:01PM
Re the last paragraph, Snodland were informed at 15.00 hours today. Not much talking there then.
the snivelling lying scumbag makes my skin crawl >:( >:( >:(

lackofinterest

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 09-01-17, 08:58PM
Let's face it Tesco is not Aldi or Lidl and not natter
how much spin DL and MD put on it , the operation of the "big four" is far more complex than the discounters.

Firstly , there's the product range 5000+ compared with less than 500 .
Secondly, there's secondary operations (OTB, Express, Seasonal, horticulture ) being pushed through fresh DC's
On top of there's the impact changes to there store delivery schedule, forced on to depots by replenish being moved from the nightshift to twilight fill.

So DL and MD In the words of Edward Smith and William Murdoch , icebergs , I see no icebergs, and no matter how try to paper over the cracks with the promises of the creation "new roles" you are undoubtedly steering this ship in to oblivion

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Aeroquack

I was a union rep when they made the night shift redundant. I had no info or any communication from them until the last two weeks of consultation. Absolute disgrace. Am out now good ridence .

Arizonarugby

"We have been speaking to colleagues from all sites about what these changes will mean for them, and we will continue to do all we can to support them at this time."

More lies from MD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk