Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-03-24, 04:00AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,969
  • Total Topics: 622
  • Online today: 80
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowyowl

:'( The previous post on this subject was on 10/11/16 and I sort of remember agreeing with sinderella, well sadly he was right to a point and as predicted it's starting to spread. The Depot I work, the tm's have been notified of numbers and options and I believe are just waiting for consultations to begin. What a lovely Christmas present.  :'(

whiterabbit

What site are you in , on a recent conference call our leader(DAVE)stated no one else would be affected before new year.?

JL

Quote from: whiterabbit on 05-12-16, 12:05PM
What site are you in , on a recent conference call our leader(DAVE)stated no one else would be affected before new year.?

whiterabbit this suggests that after the new year will be a different story.

Do you know if all cuts to be made to a store generally happen at one time.

Do they just focus on a department or a few at a time?

I wish i knew why

Quote from: snowyowl on 01-12-16, 08:03PM
:'( The previous post on this subject was on 10/11/16 and I sort of remember agreeing with sinderella, well sadly he was right to a point and as predicted it's starting to spread. The Depot I work, the tm's have been notified of numbers and options and I believe are just waiting for consultations to begin. What a lovely Christmas present.  :'(

Hi, may I ask which site this is please?

Billy Budd

Quote from: I wish i knew why on 05-12-16, 09:45PM

This has happened at Livingston :(

belfast driver

Talk in Belfast and Antrim is that the cull starts after the new year. Time will tell.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

JL

Quote from: Billy Budd on 06-12-16, 12:45AM
Quote from: I wish i knew why on 05-12-16, 09:45PM

This has happened at Livingston :(

What predictions have been correct?
What numbers and options have the TMs been notified of?
If the Livingston depot is hit it looks as if my store will have a few late deliveries.  :thumbdown:

Arizonarugby

Everything has gone quite on this topic, but the death knell is tolling and Dave Leis and his cronies are wearing the "black cap" as they pass sentence .......

Has the pilot been successful, what were the benefits / pitfalls, guess we will never know , because the Tesco / USDAW PR machine will go in to full flow proclaiming the trial a resounding success ....

All we ask for is the OPEN HONEST and TRANSPARENT policies and procedures and ADULT CONVERSATIONS  that we have been promised since Dave Lewis's appointment..... but I won't hold my breathe !!!!!!!!

Equalizer87

A pilot in Tesco isn't a pilot or a study. It's a directive where they are being told make this work for this amount of funding they are willing to throw at it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Arizonarugby

The sad facts are those that steered the ship on to the rocks were the first to man the life boats and left the sinking ship with all they could plunder, and those left have been left bail out the sinking sink , with leaky buckets

even sadder is that the company is beset by bounty hunters crawling over the wreckage and claim salvage rights on anything of value left ......

Equalizer87

Very true, Arizonarugby.

But the current direction of things isn't shaping things up any better. Operationally, a lot of the stores where I live are suffering, lack of staff coverage, shelves not filled, equipment being worked to destruction, the list goes on.
It's a a ticking time bomb just waiting to go off.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

JL

We all know there are too many managers on the shop floor. Same amount of work is completed if 1 or 30. Probably would get same amount of work done if there was a 1 SL on a reduced rate replacing the DM too.

If all the night team which is meant to be over hours was moved onto day shift they would need to spend more on storage space as same work would not get done.

The directors are not interested in anything other than fulfilling a mandate they have set to ensure they get there next 20-30 million at the least. They will pretend they are looking closely at each store but what they are really doing is ripping the fking arse out of it as when all is done they will be on the Options. With all the money they have already how can they sleep at night burning people who earn £7-£10 per hour and  have arthritis for their efforts.

Why anybody from nights would take a day job I do not know to potentially go through all this again.

The only Pilots at Ts are Kamikaze.

optout

JL

'The only Pilots at Ts are Kamikaze.'

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D nail on head.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

snowyowl

The clock is ticking at the Depot I work, it's obvious that the TM's have been informed of what is about to happen but they are saying very little. There is understandably a horrible atmosphere at work and I have heard the odd comment "why should I give a sh*te, I might not be here in three weeks" amongst other little slip ups. What a nasty position to be put in. Don't get me wrong I will be happy to see some of these arrogant misfits go but I think because of the way Tosco have handled this situation they will never be forgiven. >:D

dogslave

How are the podium monkeys going. Clear at my depot the tm are aware it's coming soon. Will never get can't put earn easier money.

redcar renegade

Well hear you can be a podium monkey for £5/ wk more than an ordinary pleb.the ordinary members of staff think that we should get a big brother type vote for who goes from the managers a chance of pay back for all the c**p we have had to put up with.

Arizonarugby

Quote from: snowyowl on 05-01-17, 09:35AM
The clock is ticking at the Depot I work, it's obvious that the TM's have been informed of what is about to happen but they are saying very little. There is understandably a horrible atmosphere at work and I have heard the odd comment "why should I give a sh*te, I might not be here in three weeks" amongst other little slip ups. What a nasty position to be put in. Don't get me wrong I will be happy to see some of these arrogant misfits go but I think because of the way Tosco have handled this situation they will never be forgiven. >:D

The clock is certainly ticking, but the TM's haven't been informed of anything yet, the announcement is going to be made today 9/1/17.

This is again a prime example of how Tesco treat their people ..... you promised us the earth on People's Roadshow ... shared you vision and got on bus the bus only to find the destination had changed for utopia to oblivion....

[gmod] edited to remove name of an individual[/gmod]

snowyowl

Genuinely, good luck today Arizonarugby, I understand the next step is that you find out if you're on the "at risk list" Not definitively whether you are going or not, just if you are "at risk" or not.
It's not enough that in the recent past, they have told you that TM's will be going, they now intend to torture you further by informing you if you are or are not on an "at risk list"
I find it difficult to imagine a more moral destroying, humiliating, embarrassing way to treat staff. They have already ruined your Christmas and now they are happy to ruin your New Year.
The people responsible for this need some education in humility, they are a disgrace. Lastly where are the Union, I know there is little they can do but they should be all over these sites supporting their members to the end. Conspicuous by their absence again, again disgraceful.  >:( >:( >:( 

Arizonarugby

Well had the brief and still no wiser to what's happening other than "30 days consultation starts on Friday 13/1/17 .... all we ask is for honesty, but that yet again is in short supply... in the words of MD thank you for delivering a brilliant Christmas for our customers now @@@@ off  >:( >:( >:(

JL

Arizonarugby

So all that was said about the management restructure at the depot is consultations would start for them on the 13 January?

What happened to the 45 day consultation?

picktocube

If there are less than 100 redundancies then only 30 days consultation is required.

Cagiertiger

That's Livi started handing out the 30 days notification letters, I knew something was up when you see the GM hurrying in at 6am in the morning.
Happy New Year my Ar😡E

Arizonarugby

Pickbycube

The 30 day 45 day argument is irrelevant, because there certainly won't be any consultation taking place, we will be given the numbers and told to go and make them work ... ST and the simple one should be hanging their heads in shame. They sold a vision of the "people first" policy at Tesco and them sold us all down the river.... Tesco not a great place to work..... and for those of your lording over other people's misfortunes all I can say is watch your backs

dilligaf

I don't think its time to Lord it over anyone at this time, the managers are being treated like s**t around this, & don't for 1 min think that it wont come to most of us in some way in the near future & you will be treated no different... You may have views on managers but they have family's homes etc just the same as you & I wouldn't wish this treatment on anyone...

dogslave

Chesterfield dc to close.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk