Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-03-24, 04:47AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,969
  • Total Topics: 622
  • Online today: 82
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 76
Total: 78

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welsh-Hugh

If managers had actually managed over the years and done a brilliant job then perhaps there would not be the cuts. Yes stacking is bad. Loaders cut corners etc etc. But who is to blame. Loaders and pickers get away with it because they can. Managers should be walking in lanes checking quality. Managers should be on bays checking quality of loaders. Reality is that never happens. When managers should be managing they don't. They manage from a comfy desk in office normally drinking endless coffee. I said it before and I will say it again. Managers have had it to easy too long and their time is up. Good riddance to they're laziness.

VladPutin

Quote from: keokrusader on 25-02-17, 05:27PM
Top bit of sexism there. Very modern...

Don't worry about me. I am definitely not afraid of work....and my future is very rosy indeed Thank you. More to life than Tesco.

They way people moan about it makes me wonder why anyone works there at all?

Trump is the most powerful man in the world. Sexism is cool again >:D

Cabbagepatch

My site is down in Kent about to be taken over by Tesco. We had the visit early in January to tell us they was taking us in house since then not a word!

The redundancy numbers and positions has obviously leaked out and still not a word from Tesco's Senior Team" nice work guys great way to treat your new staff"

Can anyone tell us what process, facts and figures they have been using at your sites for the elimination of Team Managers. I have seen ERRIC mentioned but don't know the fella! Can anyone fill us in please?

Can anyone at Hinckley tell us what the shift pattern is for the Team Managers kept on? as I'm guessing they are not the best with the numbers you have left

My Denver and admin colleagues I believe are at risk of redundancy as well and are not aware of this can any share information on his please.

Regarding no voluntary redundancies for Team Managers how many sites are challenging the legality in relation to the new title created which is a totally new role?

Any other information on what is coming our way would be much appreciated.

OpShunned

Hey cabbagepotchschill, why don't you come clean and post as a nosey freaking journo?

For me at least, you come across as a noobbbb  :-X

trigger

Thank you tesco,for ripping the heart out of Magor managers,the best bunch of guys and girls i work with.
BRING ON THE WELSH HA HA HA.GRAND SLAM 2008.
VOTE UKIP.

Cabbagepatch

Hi Opshunned

Not a journalist maybe a noobbbb depending on who you speak too! Not sure whether to be offended or to take it as a compliment.

If I was a journalist wouldn't I be writing a negative story against Tesco and the redundancies?

All I am asking is for any possible information which can help us at Snodland to prepare for what is coming our way and any options we have as we have been left in the dark by Tesco's.

baldeagle

I can confirm that Snodland staff have not been given any info about Tesco,s plans since the announcement this year.Managers and admin staff are aware of what,s happening at other DC,s and are concerned for there future.I think it reasonable that somebody should ask for advise on this site as I have in the past,I would hope that such info is forthcoming.

Cabbagepatch

Thanks baldeagle for the comment any info would be much appreciated we know the numbers of Team Managers and Shift Managers they want and what the roles going forward are but no info how they will action the redundancies other than what we have read on this forum.

Jonthebarsteward

Just want to say, I hope those affected get the outcome they hope for tomorrow

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Jonthebarsteward on 26-02-17, 05:27PM
Just want to say, I hope those affected get the outcome they hope for tomorrow
My DCM say that a great deal of "EMPATHY" has been shown at his DC and those who have been job matched (i.e. Got a future) have been relieved but flat b......s they known they've been safe for weeks and anybody else who tells m otherwise is deluded...,

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Welsh-Hugh on 25-02-17, 06:55PM
If managers had actually managed over the years and done a brilliant job then perhaps there would not be the cuts. Yes stacking is bad. Loaders cut corners etc etc. But who is to blame. Loaders and pickers get away with it because they can. Managers should be walking in lanes checking quality. Managers should be on bays checking quality of loaders. Reality is that never happens. When managers should be managing they don't. They manage from a comfy desk in office normally drinking endless coffee. I said it before and I will say it again. Managers have had it to easy too long and their time is up. Good riddance to they're laziness.
Actually Welsh-Hugh if actually took time to understand what the new structure involves, you would see that Tesco don't want managers checking the lanes for quality , they want poor deluded souls like your self  selling their colleagues down the line for 30 pieces of silver , so here's s very apt adage that typifies you down to the ground "yes:sir,no sir 3 bags full sir, baa , baa .....

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Cabbagepatch on 26-02-17, 08:08AM
Hi Opshunned

Not a journalist maybe a noobbbb depending on who you speak too! Not sure whether to be offended or to take it as a compliment.

If I was a journalist wouldn't I be writing a negative story against Tesco and the redundancies?

All I am asking is for any possible information which can help us at Snodland to prepare for what is coming our way and any options we have as we have been left in the dark by Tesco's.
Cabbagepatch I for one would welcome it if you were a journalist, and we could get our stories out to the public about what Lewis and Davies are really all about.
Unfortunately, the national press don't seem interested (I've written to several tabloids without reply)
In answer to your question, if you bow down to everything your shift managers says, or if you play golf /drink with the DCM or sleep with the PM then your job is safe, if not you're F....d, good luck for the future, but you'll probably be the person stood behind me in the dole queue !!!!!!!

Dip and drive

Our night shift managers got told last night. Mood isnt good. I take it all dcs are being told at the same tim?

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Dip and drive on 28-02-17, 07:17AM
Our night shift managers got told last night. Mood isnt good. I take it all dcs are being told at the same tim?
Yes 30 days consultancy started yesterday so everyone will be told around the same time.
Not sure what they (Tesco) aim to achieve by making managers work their notice, but as you can imagine, being told you aren't good enough and that no longer have a job, isn't going to motivate the effected people to walk around with smiles on their faces.

Equalizer87

I agree with the above post, knowing g you have no job at the end of the notice isn't going to fill you will drive to work your arse off. I would certainly be doing the bare minimum in such a position.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

bluebird1234

wow- what a morning at Magor! a massive cull of managers with a few huge shocks along the way ! Hell only knows what the PM shift and night shift have got coming but this was brutal...some very good  experienced managers gone so far...time will tell if errors have been made but I am not alone in thinking that some of these were " safe as houses " ..sad times at TESCO

Tom Hardy

Sorry I'm lost  :-[

Aswell as the two Depots closing in June have they now done something to the rest of the Depots with regards to manager culling :question:

Equalizer87

No this is in the Express format.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Shiiiitinit

No, this is in depot's as its in the distribution forum.
Expresses are also having a cull as well though.

Equalizer87

With the title "Management Restructure" it's a broad ranging title. Seen as BOTH are going through a "restructure"

Tom Hardy

Ok still lost  ;D

I know Deputy Managers in Expresses have been given consultations & the two depots mentioned in January which are to close around June.

But what is this about Night shift managers etc

Was this part of the plans in January with the two depots to also look at other depots & restructure those to?

Shiiiitinit

Tom, in answer to your question, team managers are being halved across all sites.  The managers that are going were all told yesterday.

Jonthebarsteward

This is the restructure for distribution. Started back in September.
55% reduction in manager population at my Dc. My 30 days started yesterday.

Arizonarugby

Quote from: bluebird1234 on 28-02-17, 02:57PM
wow- what a morning at Magor! a massive cull of managers with a few huge shocks along the way ! Hell only knows what the PM shift and night shift have got coming but this was brutal...some very good  experienced managers gone so far...time will tell if errors have been made but I am not alone in thinking that some of these were " safe as houses " ..sad times at TESCO
It's a very sad fact that the ERRIC the company's savour, is not based on any scientific reasoning (i.e. Psychometric testing), but on the basis of how the senior team feel you meet the criteria, do basically nepotism and cronyism are rife, with in Tesco , is the GM doing to sack his drinking buddy, is the PM going to sack her toy boy , is the shift manager going to sack his brother etc.  clearly not , with this in mind, there's only been one surprise at my depot and I would wager that gets over turned at some point .

Duracell

Yes I gave Erric way to much credit.

Some staggering shocking decisions.

I suspect some serious backlash to follow.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk