News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 02:04PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,356
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 270
Total: 272

Equal Pay/Leigh Day /Tom Hewitt/

Started by OpShunned, 22-03-17, 05:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamlad

Appreciate what people think about the claim is wrong but its an example of what wrong with the EU, the case is using EU equal opportunities legislation. You cant blame people for exploiting it like Tesco have exploited the same legislation that has removed workers rights. Tesco bend the law to benefit themselves this is just the same principle reversed

OpShunned

You don't need any European intervention to question why someone in a Dundee call centre should earn £9.50 an hour yet HIS or HER colleague dealing with almost identical customer service issues is paid £1/£1.50 less. Who is being exploited there?

Ask your colleagues on the CSD where their store reception calls went to?
Let me save you the trouble as they went to the call centre where someone is getting paid more money to talk to the same customers. Yet Drastic says differently.. Read his email sent out today.

Are Clubcard Champions in store getting paid £9.50 to answer customer queries like those at a call centre?

Are CDAs getting paid £9.50 to issue a refund on his pda?
No? Dundee agents getting paid to press a button to issue refunds!

Should store colleagues be earning £9.50 an hour just like Dundee call agents for doing the same tasks? Do you need EU laws to predominately agree with the principle?

Would you support colleagues if they were using call centres as 'comparators' in an Equal Pay claim? Would you give a monkey's whether it was males, females or aliens involved?

Clubcard Champions in store getting paid as above for offering Clubcard advice?

lucgeo

Quote from: treetop on 15-02-18, 09:01PM
Yes difference on CSD both worked for company same amount of time just started on different departments

I'm guessing the one on C grade, started on a C grade department and moved to CSD after the grade drop ???

There are a few colleagues still on D grade, however should they ASK to transfer to other department, they will lose the D grade, they would only retain it if they were ASKED to move, or in the case of RHRP, they would get a cushion payment, and a % drop over four years, to bring them in line with others on C grade.

I still wonder if wages is still a D grade for newbies? If so, WHY ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

adamlad

Latest from Leigh Day - complete apart from personal details

We have seen the email Dave Lewis sent to all staff regarding the recent press coverage of your equal pay case.  Mr Lewis said that he has not received the claim.  We have sent a copy of the claim to Dave Lewis so that he understands the exact nature of the allegation being made. We have lodged over 100 claims with the Birmingham Employment Tribunal who will no doubt serve them on TESCO after they have processed them.  An example of the pleadings are attached for your information. 

In his email Mr Lewis appears to misunderstand the case we are bringing on your behalf. The essence of your case is not as suggested by Mr Lewis, "that roles in Distribution and Stores are the same and should therefore be paid the same", but rather it is "that the that roles in Distribution and Stores are of equal value and should therefore be paid the same" .

This is a subtle but very important distinction and if your case succeeds means TESCO will have acted unlawfully and in breach of the Equal Pay provisions of the Equality Act 2010.

We will continue to issue claims over the coming weeks, months and years as the cases progress and we expect to receive a copy of TESCO'S defence by the end of March.

Should you or any of your colleagues have any questions about the case or about Equal Pay at TESCO please get in touch on 0800 689 0570 or tescoequalpay@leighday.co.uk

Yours sincerely

Tesco Equal Pay Team

OpShunned

Thanks for posting that Adam  :)

It's typical of Drastic to put spin on the topic.. It's highlighted by his emphasis on 'gender pay gap' to deflect away from, and to misstate the fundamentals of the claim.

I'll get on to Leigh Day regarding the work of equal value carried out between customer service staff in store and those in Dundee. Something else to beat him on the head with perhaps. Even the current naysayers here would support that angle? Oh but then again they do fear their nests getting shaken out of the tree.

alf

"In the week where we have marked the 100 year anniversary since women began to get the vote, the time has come for companies and public organisations to have a long hard look at themselves, to see the inequality which is still deeply entrenched in their organisations." added Ms Lee.

Yeah totes, it's deffo Lewis that is trying to spin this as a gender issue....

Rigger

The claim is that ridiculous the hope is if you all fire in from enough angles you'll get lucky with a winner. All being led up the garden path by a bunch of crooks dressed in smart suits, they're fake claims of abuse by the army on Afghans in custody show them for what they really are and I'd be ashamed to be associated with anything to do with them.

The hate for DC's on here is real, I've said it before, it's not our fault we have a vote on issues that affect us, but some on here see that as DC staff taking away from store staff, deluded.

OpShunned

Hey Rigger,

You're all alone in a room surrounded by the 1,000 women who have already contacted Leigh-Day regarding the equal pay for equal value employment.

What would you say to their faces?

No - one hates distribution. I for one feel sorry for you guys and gals because your turn for decimation is fast approaching. By the time this claim is settled many of you will be working elsewhere.
'Synergied'

adamlad

The fact is that if Tesco is quick enough to abuse staff and exploit the law to rip people off I was a manager for 15 years I have seen it. I see it as fair game

This claim I would not call ridiculous Leigh Day has already spent 6.5 million funding the first claim regarding the double time and this claim will cost at least double that due to the larger number of claimants. A top law firm is not going to waste over 12m £ on nothing or something groundless.

alf

Hey guys i just found this amazing, but clearly super secret site, as clearly 1000 woman couldn't find it https://www.tesco-careers.com

Apparently you can use it to apply for jobs across Tesco, including distribution.

What a time to be alive, where you are free to move jobs if you dislike aspects of your current.

Tape measure

Quote from: alf on 17-02-18, 10:49PM
Hey guys i just found this amazing, but clearly super secret site, as clearly 1000 woman couldn't find it https://www.tesco-careers.com

Apparently you can use it to apply for jobs across Tesco, including distribution.

What a time to be alive, where you are free to move jobs if you dislike aspects of your current.

I believe men can also apply. If dissatisfied with their current role that is.  Don't tell everyone though, we wouldn't want a stampede!

OpShunned

Can't see there being any fashion of stampede to distribution to be honest.. The robber-barons have almost finished trashing store terms and conditions and are currently sharpening their blades to carve up DC's. Not much point leaving store to end up on the distribution sc**pheap, although those looking for a redundancy pay-out may get one quicker by joining the condemned   8-)

alf

You have some erroneous belief that distribution are living the high life, whilst stores suffer. In reality Distribution have already gone through structure and staff cuts, just like stores.
So your notion that once Tesco finish with their stores changes, they will move onto distribution, simply doesn't add up.

Now of course that doesn't mean no future changes will occur, that would be silly to state.

But unless you're the new m360/david1, you're just wildly speculating to further/justify your narrative.

Welsh-Hugh

Alf you are correct. DC's have had a cull. However warehouse managers are now halved in numbers. You would expect them to be rushed of their feet. We have managers who are either on fag breaks or on coffee break at least 80% of time. Especially loading managers. Bringing in coordinators was a licence for managers to do nothing. Our shiftys know also GM know. They turn blind eye. Our managers are never on shop floor. It's a farce.

OpShunned

When the Booker merger goes through is when you will see further changes. Why have a Tesco lorry on the road, a Booker lorry on the road, both for 12 hours when you can have one lorry on the road 24 hours a day?

Do you not think the 'Synergies' Drastic keeps banging on about involve a further cull?

Could it result in one or more DC closures especially where terms and conditions favour the minnion most?

Duracell

Your speculation about the lorries on the road and your 2 into 1 theory.

Who is going to drive the vehicle for the 24 hours it's on the road and still be legally
compliant?

Anyone that thinks  DOT is failing now! It would be ten times worse in your imaginary world.

Drivers being on the road too long and not legal.
Stores waiting an additional 12 hours for delivery.

Your Simplistic view is simply delusional.

As for the things you believe will come to Distribution, it seems there is so much more you could mention about Distribution  to support your distain for the company but you don't, because you are simply uninformed and have very little knowledge of Distribution.

Rest assured what ever is discussed within Distribution in the future the workforce will decide what they think is best for them. It won't be the white wash you portray.

Aside from that how did this thread become about the future of Distribution you may want to start a topic all of its own if you wish to keep discussing it.

Oh yeah you did... over to Nomad.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

OpShunned

Quote from: Duracell on 18-02-18, 12:06PM

Rest assured what ever is discussed within Distribution in the future the workforce will decide what they think is best for them. It won't be the white wash you portray.

Now you're delusional  :D :D :D

Duracell

I should take your advice and keep my comments simple and factual.
You seem to struggle with responding to simple facts, and only respond to generalised comments with the Grandure of Hypothosis.

There is only one if you can be sure of.

If my Aunty had had balls she would of been my uncle.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

alf

I personally look forward to these magical new lorries that can deliver to opposite ends of the country simultaneously, all with never needing to stop for fuel or maintenance. 

Tape measure

Quote from: OpShunned on 03-04-17, 06:49PM
This is an extract from leigh -Day's website concerning Equal pay (promising?)

Q: if I am being paid unlawfully how do I make a claim?

There are strict procedures and time limits which must be met if your claim is to succeed. 

The Employment Tribunal time limits state that in general, you must present a claim to the Employment Tribunal within 6 months of the employment ending or a change in contract. Before presenting a claim you must complete an Employment Tribunal: Early Conciliation notification form.

If you have left work or changed jobs more than 6 months ago, you can now as a result of the successful judgment in Abdulla v Birmingham City Council present a claim in the civil courts for breach of contract within 6 years of the employment ending or a change in contract.

Q: how far back can I claim

Equal pay law only allows you to claim back for any employment you carried out in the 6 years before your claim being presented to an Employment Tribunal or Court.
https://www.leighday.co.uk/Asserting-your-rights/Equal-pay-claims/FAQs-for-equal-pay-claims

I thought I'd bump this up again for everyone. Just a reminder..
Think link doesn't work! It's expired.

OpShunned

Should you or any of your colleagues have any questions about the case or about Equal Pay at TESCO please get in touch on 0800 689 0570 or tescoequalpay@leighday.co.uk

thx

mrblobby

I don't mean to be rude, but this seems like pure opportunistic money grabbing.  Has anyone who is even considering claiming, previously thought that they were being discriminated against? A lot of people seem to have the mentality that if a solicitor tells them they could be owed money, then they are entitled to it.

But where does this money come from? Yes that's right the company will pay for it with people's jobs. So is it actually worth it?

If genuine intentional wrongdoing has occurred then I'm all for it, but too many claims are fabricated or just exploit loopholes, often now there isn't even blame and there seems
To be a claim.  It's everyone who pays, it's a public company and most people are shareholders.

mrblobby

Quote from: OpShunned on 18-02-18, 11:15AM
When the Booker merger goes through is when you will see further changes. Why have a Tesco lorry on the road, a Booker lorry on the road, both for 12 hours when you can have one lorry on the road 24 hours a day?

Do you not think the 'Synergies' Drastic keeps banging on about involve a further cull?

Could it result in one or more DC closures especially where terms and conditions favour the minnion most?
That's a certainty - they've probably already been working on what assets to get rid of, and let's not forget that will mean job losses.

mrblobby

Quote from: alf on 14-02-18, 03:25PM
To be fair they were cleared of "professional misconduct".

But the whole fiasco made Leigh Day look quite incompetent. Leigh day claimed British soldiers imprisoned and tortured innocent Iraqi civilians, turns out Leigh Day had a document within their possession showing that these civilians were in fact Iraqi combatants (the torture claims were also investigated and disproven).

Quote from: Equalizer87 on 14-02-18, 03:08PM

Are you referring to the obscene amount of fake claims that were discovered against British Troops??? In other words? Leigh were making money off lies??

As i mentioned they were cleared of misconduct.

Though depending on your perspective that may be because they are in fact innocent, or because there simply wasn't enough evidence to bring charges.

But I know I personally find it hard to believe they could "miss" such an important document.

There should be some sort of legal legislation that makes it illegal for fabricated claims to even get to court. Why should the MOD, or companies or individuals have to incur upfront costs defending what is essentially rubbish? Accident claims, half of them are either exaggerated or a load of rubbish. These 'solicitors' and I use the term loosely , profiteer from people willing to lie and commit fraud by fabricating or making up scenarios that haven't happened in order to get a payout.

That's my rant over, but it does tie in to the topic as these claims will be hitting tesco in the pocket to defend them( and that's not mentioning the ones they pay off because it's cheaper than going to court.

Tape measure

The power of the lawyer is in the uncertainty of the law.

Jeremy Bentham

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk