News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:42PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 287
Total: 290

Scheduler

Started by StinkyPoo, 05-06-19, 05:54PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkyPoo

Hi, I work nights in a 24 hour extra. We are way over hours and have less and less work to do as the weeks roll by. We are currently filling in availability forms ready for the scheduler. Surely they will have to cut people's hours if they are not needed on the scheduler or get rid of people if the availability is not there? A lot of people think something is going on and that they may well be gone. The management don't tend to really speak about anything to do with work, whether they know, can't say anything or just don't care! Any ideas from anyone?

cosmosmallpiece

Well lucky you we are under staffed nothing ever gets finished. Days can't finish it so the next night we come back into the left overs. Agency staff are quite often used to pull things around . Make the most of it wish we could lol

captain

Over staffed, unheard of, would suggest you look really busy and have the cleanest shelves and fixtures in the company and enjoy it when you can, it won't last

genome

overstaffed is still a thing in this company? some of you could come join us... or any other store... they'd definitely appreciate the help.

Danny boy

madness

Yep, the magical 'we are over hours' gets trotted out every week.

spacerman

I love the 'we are over hours' bs, yes you are over hours when you factor in the 10 managers that are sitting on their arse doing sweet f/all and should be helping.

It's hitting the point that half my store are looking for new employment, we are even thinking about leaving the same week as a last f*** you to the company.

StoreManager

We are never over hours. Suppose it's just a way of saying none of the flexi staff could be arsed doing overtime this week or the manager couldn't be arsed doing a schedule so you better work a bit harder to pick up the slack. Our place has been filled with no instruction from the TMs. There is always a GA who thinks he/she runs the shift. Have never seen as many as 10 but then the doors locked for any s*** to knock before entering. If it is that bad just leave not many pay lower than Tesco now. Ohh that's right you are happy in misery moaning about people without knowing fully what they do.

sammy

So in my store bakery 90 hours over and plant press goes from. 10 hours a day to only 90 minutes a day. We are a very large extra store which is busy. plant bread 1st review can take the whole 90 minutes they a expecting for the whole days.

spacerman

Overworked1 I've been on options I know exactly what they do, which is not a lot for the wage they are on.

StoreManager

Can only go with what I've seen many times and not what I have heard as Tesco can be like Jackanory time. On my experience the management try to do too much and mistakes are made.

Munchkin

All our managers work they serve and fill every single day alongside their staff they're decent genuine people doing a job like all of us if I had reason to criticize I would they work harder than some GA's I could mention

Fedupofbeingscrewed

Overworked1, I'd agree on the "GA's that think they run the shift" Although problem being 2 or 3 nights a week in our store they do  :D  We have one who's gone from filling two isles a night to basically tidying up ends and collecting cages all night and the rest of the team have to take up the slack.   Ask them  to do something for you, they are too busy, want them at 6am they are probably having a fag break.  In between they can be seen following the manager or duty manager around usually 2 steps or less behind.  I would say like most issues though its relevant to the store you work in and not all of them take the attitude that they have made it.       

StoreManager

Fedupofbeingscrewed

We have 1 not bad night manager who is firm and fair on the whole don't get me wrong though he has his moments when he tries to be smart but he is approachable. Then you have the other who takes strops at the slightest upset who cannot have a reasonable conversation.  Then there is the racist recovering lazy b who keeps himself busy now being kept in check by the SM. Then you have the most recent manager (bullet proof) who can f up left right and centre and nothing will happen. Unfairnesses are created as they have the favourites they are looking to give an easy shift who can do as they please and get everything they want without question. None of our managers are ever on the shop floor enough.

NightAndDay

I think there's a reason why pay differentials between managers in general and CAs are decreasing and that's because Tesco have slowly come to realise that most don't add any value to the company, in fact they probably tarnish Tescos already terrible reputation further.

kaled78

so schedular is due to go live in my store soon,and early indications from sample data are it seems to send people for breaks an hour after they start work,and lunch and afternoon break only 30 mins apart,who came up with this rubbish?obviously people who don't live in the real world

londoner83

Can anyone explain the logic of sending someone on a 6-3 shift on a hours lunch break at 7.15am?

kaled78

the smokers who work 6 hour shifts with half an hour break have been told they can no longer split it into two 15 minute breaks as well,they must take 30 mins in one go when the tablet says

StoreManager

The scheduler is only as good as the information management put into it. Management enter timings for aisles etc but how is this possible because you can have the same amount of cases to put out as another night but if the customers have wrecked the place it could take you an hour or two just to tidy the mess. Not the first time you have entered an aisle cardboard strewn all over the floor, spillages and breakages lying about and baskets of put backs just dumped. Then your manager need to take you away to watch a training video you've seen before. Then a customer asks you to help load a trolley...etc etc. There is a number of factors why they can't give accurate timings.

lucgeo

It'll just be another flash in the pan, give it a few months and, as usual, it will revert back to how it's always been. Another idea doomed to end up at the back of the cupboard gathering dust.

They never add in the factors.....sickness, holidays, 101 other things cropping up to do and, oh yea, customers. Any managers worth their salt, will ignore it the majority of the time. They know their team, know who'll go later or earlier break when needed, know it's better to have someone go for two fifteen mins fag break, than have them away for 30 mins, needing cover for longer and then having an irritable nicotine starved colleague getting to the end of their shift and their tether.

And if it's having 6-3 shifts taking an hour at 7.15, then it's obvious that they'll need to be taking their last 30 mins by 11.15 at the latest, so they're wanting breaks taken at quietest times before lunchtime/evening rush.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

chris9997

Does anyone have the low down of how this is expected to work as on nights we are spread very thin yet the duties we are expected to do is increasing all the time for example
From 2 years ago Days split first dairy delivery do the back stock nights do 1 isle each and split remaking isles between you  then do the secound split and fill all delivery.
Now nights to do both splits and all fills including vacant isle and back stock
Days just to fill star lines?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk