Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-02-18, 09:16PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 76939
  • Total Topics: 1672
  • Online Today: 140
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Updated Bumblebee  (Read 2855 times)

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
Updated Bumblebee
« on: 05-02-18, 10:34PM »
We got told today that sometime this week a new update is coming out which will stagger drivers leaving times and cut out down time while out on runs.
Where do they get the idea that we have loads of down time while out on the road?
It's about time the people who are making these decisions came and worked in a busy dot.com for a week.
We're the lowest paid supermarket drivers and do the most work and they wonder why there's no loyalty to the company.

best

Re: Updated Bumblebee
« Reply #1 on: 05-02-18, 11:38PM »
 :thumbup:

horatiocain

• Know All
« Reply #2 on: 07-02-18, 07:22AM »
At my store it could vary widely, one run is a full van tray and weight wise on a 3 hour trip and the next run could be 18 trays across 4.5 hours, they need better spread of loads, but bumblebee like our previous routing system still has a problem in ignoring traffic, it used to take me 70-80 minutes to get into this city and they always gave 35, we had places where even the satnav was telling them we needed more time.

Tesco can't hold on to drivers because the pay is the lowest and now with tesco being the last one doing flats the work is harder, combined with c**ppy rotas and I'm surprised everyone hasn't left.

Leaderofthepack316

« Reply #3 on: 07-02-18, 10:13PM »
Grass is greener somewhere else, u know what to do....

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #4 on: 07-02-18, 11:42PM »
Brown Nose^

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #5 on: 08-02-18, 01:13AM »
He's just a manager, ignore him!
And FYI at our store many are, in our town Morrisons are starting home delivery and Sainsburys is expanding. Both pay far better than Tesco and neither expects their drivers trudge to upstairs flats either!
There's a saying, "look after your staff and they will look after the company". We'll Tesco has forgotten it and in turn can forget about loyalty or going out of our way for them!

lackofinterest

• Smart Arse
« Reply #6 on: 08-02-18, 01:30AM »
go in, do your job, nothing more, go home on time. job done (-*-)

Leaderofthepack316

« Reply #7 on: 12-02-18, 07:25PM »
U guys need to stop biting the hand that feeds u.

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #8 on: 12-02-18, 11:17PM »
Brown Nose ^

stockrotateman

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #9 on: 12-02-18, 11:21PM »
 ;D

horatiocain

• Know All
« Reply #10 on: 14-02-18, 10:08PM »
Its not biting the hand that feeds us, more like pointing out that the neighbours are in a better state even though they do less.

Tesco drivers are worked harder than our competitors and yet they're paid less.
Even after these pay rises they'll still be paid less than everyone else, its frankly a joke, and its hardly a shock that tesco cannot recruit nor train staff, word has spread, back when I was driving and people showed an interest in the job I'd direct them to ocado and asda, both pay more with better conditions.

Its the stupidity of ignoring the issue that has compounded the matter to here, if you honestly don't think the worst rotas with the heaviest workload for the lowest pay is a problem then you are the bigger problem.

I'm still in contact with my old store and retention is at 1 in 7 at 6 months, which is a joke, they can't get people in the door because the pay is rubbish,and those who do are taking the training and within 6 months are working for the competition.
Poor management is the biggest problem in tesco

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #11 on: 14-02-18, 10:33PM »
Yep and let's see how they can get people to work Sunday shifts later this year when the Premium drops and they lose most of the pay-rise they have only just been awarded. :( :( :(
The worlds me lobster

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #12 on: 15-02-18, 09:00AM »
It is a wonder anyone wants to work any day/night the wages are terrible now.

Leaderofthepack316

« Reply #13 on: Today at 06:42 PM »
The brand will exist well past all your petty ideas and whining

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #14 on: Today at 07:17 PM »
Its not biting the hand that feeds us, more like pointing out that the neighbours are in a better state even though they do less.

Tesco drivers are worked harder than our competitors and yet they're paid less.
Even after these pay rises they'll still be paid less than everyone else, its frankly a joke, and its hardly a shock that tesco cannot recruit nor train staff, word has spread, back when I was driving and people showed an interest in the job I'd direct them to ocado and asda, both pay more with better conditions.

Its the stupidity of ignoring the issue that has compounded the matter to here, if you honestly don't think the worst rotas with the heaviest workload for the lowest pay is a problem then you are the bigger problem.

I'm still in contact with my old store and retention is at 1 in 7 at 6 months, which is a joke, they can't get people in the door because the pay is rubbish,and those who do are taking the training and within 6 months are working for the competition.
Poor management is the biggest problem in tesco

Same issue in all the stores round my area, get the training, bit of experience , jump on to Ocado.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

blutopia

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:26 PM »
The brand will exist well past all your petty ideas and whining

Of course, you are entitled to your opinions, but instead of spouting empty platitudes such as 'biting the hand that feeds you', how about reflecting on why so many people here express so much dissatisfaction and frustration?  Posters here provide huge amounts of substance to support their grievances, so you could address the substance rather than telling them to leave the company if they don't like it.

Funny, isn't it, that the company has WMTY, Viewpoint, Let's Talk, a Grievance Procedure, management training in Empathy, etc. that are, presumably, supposed to promote a positive, listening culture, but management (at least at store level and who knows how much higher) regard these with antipathy.  IF these policies were implemented properly, maybe those you are so dismissive of would be able to resolve issues rather than having to rant on VLH.  That they AREN'T implemented properly IS NOT the fault of the vast majority of posters - it is management failure.

So, 'Leaderofthepack' :D what do you say to that?
« Last Edit: Today at 08:31 PM by blutopia »