Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21-05-18, 03:40PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 76166
  • Total Topics: 1576
  • Online Today: 109
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: New Admin Role  (Read 14675 times)

mrblobby

• Know All
Re: New Admin Role
« Reply #50 on: 13-02-18, 04:01AM »
Hi, TD!  :D

rogersmart, thanks for that info. That's all fine but it's still too much responsibility for GA pay, imho.
Well sadly there will always be someone who applies for it - for some the hours alone will
Be enough. Whether they can do the job is another issue..

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #51 on: 13-02-18, 08:59PM »
^ isn’t that what wages clerks used to think - before they were needed on a till/Rumble/all hands to the pump/team fill? There is no longer any role in a supermarket suited to somebody who has only worked in an office, believing that is what makes you a mug. Plus, you’ll end up pooled with resource in Oracle eventually anyway.
No, there's no daily routine list as everyday is different.
Given how procedurised and process driven Tesco is, how anyone would accept a job based on that description is more bewildering than the description itself.

What they try to get you to do and what you do do is up to you, If you allow them to push you around then you will end up sweeping the back yard , I have seen many That do or have done Admin that never move from the office or only do so if its to do the job of a  admin ,A good admin  person will have the managers running around them not the other way round ,
And yes every day has a different routine and that is due to not having to do the same thing each day . Like sending out letters or attending meetings ,

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #52 on: 13-02-18, 09:08PM »
The admin role should have been implemented in stores long ago. The TMs are incapable at notifying people of meetings and providing them with all information they need for the meeting. 

mrblobby

• Know All
« Reply #53 on: 18-02-18, 04:08PM »
They did have them previously but was taken out in a previous restructure. As soon as another CEO comes along they will see it as a 'non essential' role and chop it again, unless you are physically making the company money you are seen as disposable commodity.

Hammer10

• Know All
« Reply #54 on: 19-02-18, 02:40AM »
The admin role should have been implemented in stores long ago. The TMs are incapable at notifying people of meetings and providing them with all information they need for the meeting.
thats why for the second time in 6 months they have missed out on giving me an a.r.m for absence lucky me.

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #55 on: 19-02-18, 06:47AM »
Suppose incompetent TMs have advantages too. Saves you the hassle of a meeting.  :thumbup:

Chuke

« Reply #56 on: 24-02-18, 08:44AM »
This role is vague to say the least, it seems no two stores have the same working hours for this role. Cheap PM role I say  :thumbdown:

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #57 on: 24-02-18, 03:39PM »
we had 17 people apply for the role in my store,a mixture of @rse lickers,no hopers and people desperate for more hours,I think one of the @rse lickers will get it

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #58 on: 24-02-18, 04:57PM »
They did have them previously but was taken out in a previous restructure.
It won't be too long before this one goes too.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #59 on: 24-02-18, 08:40PM »
Then who will do all the things that are in the job description?

FarmerFred

« Reply #60 on: 25-02-18, 03:32PM »
As ever, the roles will continue shifting around - folk at head office have to keep coming up with 'new' ideas to justify their existence.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #61 on: 25-02-18, 04:14PM »
I doubt this role will exist within 18 months. It's a stop gap measure until everything's on line.

Why is you have to attend a meeting doesn't Tesco email you the paperwork?

pitdiver

« Reply #62 on: 25-02-18, 09:42PM »
My wife is in the Admin folding an express. Not only does she do the admin but the PV ing. operates the ISB, does deliveries, plus works on tills and shop floor. She doesn't work Sat*rdays or Sundays but does permanent early shift 0530-1200 4 days per week 0530-1300 one day per week.
That's what the admin role is in her store.
-

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #63 on: 25-02-18, 10:11PM »
You need to ask her how many hours the Role for admin in Express is, think you will find that she has more hours than she needs to do Admin, her hours seem a lot, so I would think that she works 2 roles, one as admin and the second as a CA.

mrblobby

• Know All
« Reply #64 on: 26-02-18, 05:54AM »
There's no way in hell a job title called 'admin assistant' will last. In fact, they had it already before when they removed resource managers, and then it was quietly removed too.