News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 03:33PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 283
Total: 286

Equal Pay/Leigh Day /Tom Hewitt/

Started by OpShunned, 22-03-17, 05:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFraz

Duracell

I think you missed my point 2000kg minimum to retain your job, that's not excelling.

But rightly you have shown a valid point it seems what you have said a minority are not rewarded in retail for going over and above the Norm, whereas is always best to reward achievement with monetary gain.

You have identified your skillset. Yet unfortunately it doesn't fit with the current mentality of the claim, as "me and the other guy" suggest you are Male.

The simplistic view ( as it seems common) is, why go over and above the norm or average when you are not rewarded to do so?

I do agree though that where one can reasonably show equality in task you should receive equal pay, whether that would extend to a time study for you and your colleagues is another thing. The down side to that is bleak, under achievers being heavily performances managed.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

OpShunned

Anyway let's get back to the nitty gritty of this thread eh ladies and gents.

Anyone reading who wants to take it up with Leigh Day, and instead of trawling back through for contact details here they are. .. and good luck.
https://www.leighday.co.uk/Employment-discrimination/Current-cases/Tesco-equal-pay-claim

Tesco Equal Pay Claim

Leigh Day is currently bringing a claim on behalf of Tesco store workers for equal pay. We are doing so to promote equality and challenge how large retailers pay their employees in different areas of their business.

Equal pay claims

Equal pay claims for supermarket employees are about whether hourly-paid store staff carry out work that is of "equal value" to that carried out by the staff who work in the distribution centres. The staff working in the stores are mostly women and the staff working in the distribution centres are mostly men. 

If it is shown that their work is of equal value, and we can show that the reason for the difference in pay is due to their gender and cant be justified, then the equal pay claims will be successful. We believe that we will be successful in these equal pay claims against Tesco as well as those we are running against Asda and Sainsburys.

Who can claim?

Anyone, female or male, who has worked at a Tesco store in England, Northern Ireland or Wales in the last six years, or Scotland in the last five years.

If you have worked for Tesco for more than 6 years will be entitled to the maximum amount of back pay.

Should you wish to instruct Leigh Day to represent you in this claim, please contact us at tescoequalpay@leighday.co.uk or on 0800 689 0570

Please be assured that strong victimisation laws are in place to prevent any negative action being taken against you for bringing an equal pay claim. If you have any concerns about this, you can call 0207 650 1228 and speak to our team in confidence.

craftyarchie

I'm fortunate that I left Tesco in June and started a new job.  I've contacted Leigh Day as I worked for Tesco for over 11 years and have the decline in workers rights and remuneration over the years.
Leigh Day have told me that as I left over 6 months I can't be included in the current employment case but they are considering a civil case due to the amount of ex  staff contacting them and they will back in touch if that happens.

I also asked them if there was any recourse against USDAW as if the cases are proved against the removal of premiums and equal pay then USDAW are as complicent as Tesco are.

They are going to look into the merits of such a case, so feel free to mention USDAWS misrepresentation to them as part of any enquiry

grim up north

Quote from: Duracell on 12-02-18, 08:05PM
I think you missed my point 2000kg minimum to retain your job, that's not excelling.

Have you missed a 0 off that Duracell? A full cage of pop weighs 400kg+, and at my DC, you get around 25/30 minutes to pick 4 of them. You can get given 2000kg to pick in an hour.

Duracell

I did too well spotted. At least someone's knows the job.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Welsh-Hugh

I think distribution workers should bring a claim. My DC 8-96 an hour. If other DCs are getting 1150 then surely I should have same as im doing same job. That's fair isn't it. all DC workers will be watching case closely

OpShunned

You'd think so wouldn't you? I'm guessing you'd be hard pushed to win a claim on geographical grounds if the old 'London Weighting'  terms applied? Elsewise, you're paid by the same employer (single source), doing a job of equal value etc.

It's worth getting in touch with a solicitor to see if you have any grounds. Nowt to lose really.

baldeagle

How about doing the same job in the same DC but on different contracts and therefore getting different pay.

Welshie

@bald eagle
I don't understand how they are doing that in dc's when that was there entire reasoning for doing away with double time on Sundays in stores, they didn't want people doing the same job for different pay .
Surely they are contradicting themselves by doing it in warehouses.

baldeagle

Its a driver issue, but I think you are right

OpShunned

I have a feeling that Booker warehouse workers are earning less than Tosco staff??

How will all this roll when the merger takes place?

Dundee call centre Level 1 call agents on £9.50 an hour yet store colleagues doing a customer service role on £1.50 less, getting double time for Sundays and Bank Hols, sick pay from day one and time and a half for overtime?

It's all coming to a head though.

viva la vida

In our DC there are four different contracts. The old t&cs, the old new t&cs, the not so old t&cs and the new t&cs. Oh, and the agency t&cs. It's an interesting talking point. New contract staff begrudge the old staff, even though they knew the terms when they took the job.
Divide and conquer

viva la vida

Everyone should put a claim in

OpShunned

FatFraz

OpShunned

^... any Booker colleagues in?...your work will be of equal value soon  :D :D :D

lackofinterest

Quote from: OpShunned on 13-02-18, 09:06PM
^ It seems like they are  8-)
I'm not, because I haven't a genuine reason to.......yet (-*-)

OpShunned

Good for you  :)

If you're in the old contract though, Alun Stewart is coming for you (us). We are on his pie chart labelled Dave's Brave New World. It's nothing personal, it's just business, and merely a drop in the pond of 1.5 billion savings amid synergies.

lackofinterest

f**k alun stewart and big bad dave. bring em on :D

notsofunny

Its a bit late , But the penny has just dropped as to who Leigh day are ,, >:(

They are the same lot that went out to Iraq to look for people to make false claims against our Boy's and girls in the army , and are still fighting cases for them >:( , Not only did those in the army have to face death when they were in Iraq , they are having to face this lot that are only after making money ,

I wonder if those that are using them Understand who they are  and what they are doing ?

viva la vida

Bring em on indeed.  They can come after us all they want. We're way ahead in the majority in our depot.  They have to employ another 600 to tip the balance.  That's not gonna happen any time soon.

OpShunned

Quote from: notsofunny on 14-02-18, 01:33PM

Its a bit late , But the penny has just dropped as to who Leigh day are ,, >:(

They are the same lot that went out to Iraq to look for people to make false claims against our Boy's and girls in the army , and are still fighting cases for them >:( , Not only did those in the army have to face death when they were in Iraq , they are having to face this lot that are only after making money ,

I wonder if those that are using them Understand who they are  and what they are doing ?
--------------------------------------

leigh Day have brought claims against the MoD for failing to defend your 'boys and girls properly'..

Also, it has to be said that if any of your boys and girls have sytematically tortured soldiers, or civilians, they deserve everything they get in my opinion. There are conventions for treating prisoners and civilians humanely.

Equalizer87

@ OpShunned

Are you referring to the obscene amount of fake claims that were discovered against British Troops??? In other words? Leigh were making money off lies??

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

alf

To be fair they were cleared of "professional misconduct".

But the whole fiasco made Leigh Day look quite incompetent. Leigh day claimed British soldiers imprisoned and tortured innocent Iraqi civilians, turns out Leigh Day had a document within their possession showing that these civilians were in fact Iraqi combatants (the torture claims were also investigated and disproven).

Quote from: Equalizer87 on 14-02-18, 03:08PM

Are you referring to the obscene amount of fake claims that were discovered against British Troops??? In other words? Leigh were making money off lies??

As i mentioned they were cleared of misconduct.

Though depending on your perspective that may be because they are in fact innocent, or because there simply wasn't enough evidence to bring charges.

But I know I personally find it hard to believe they could "miss" such an important document.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk