Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 01:04AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,361
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 385
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 374
Total: 375

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiiiitinit

PILON is being paid at our site, this is the last week for the team managers at risk.

Arizonarugby

Same at every site, so much for MtT statement about there being a job for everybody if they want it !!!!!!!

trigger

Nice to see the boys and girls form a guard of honour at magor today for the managers that are leaving, shunters beeping there horns,some great managers have gone.
BRING ON THE WELSH HA HA HA.GRAND SLAM 2008.
VOTE UKIP.

crabbit

Nice gesture trig,well done to magor colleagues.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Arizonarugby

Wish I could say the same for my site, the people manager and my shift manager (who I have worked with for over 10 years (and foolishly considered as friends) thought it was more important to leave site early (to avoid traffic)rather than stay behind for a few minutes to wish the departing managers well and wish the all the best for the future - I have nothing but distain for these people -  what a great advertisement for the future of Tesco and its people first policy !!!!!!

Equalizer87

People first policy = my are.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Arizonarugby

Well this former Tesco employee would like to thank DD, MtT the DLT, my depots senior leadership team and the managers that are safe, for all the care , compassion, and empathy they gave shown me during this difficult, uncertain and worrying time .... Oh hang on a minute , that's right, they didn't ... I didn't even get a leaving / good luck card for f**ksake - am I bitter HELL YEAH

Mozzer

When will you all ever realise we are all being used we are  just a number, like it said in the press they will dump you at the drop of saving a £, get real the lot of you, play the game for your own interest if it suits you like it suits me or get the hell out.

Jonthebarsteward

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 28-04-17, 11:54AM
Well this former Tesco employee would like to thank DD, MtT the DLT, my depots senior leadership team and the managers that are safe, for all the care , compassion, and empathy they gave shown me during this difficult, uncertain and worrying time .... Oh hang on a minute , that's right, they didn't ... I didn't even get a leaving / good luck card for f**ksake - am I bitter HELL YEAH

Agree with you

So glad to be out of this shower of sh*te company!
Glad they let us go this early.

Heard avout what the colleagues at Mayor Mayor, that's a brilliant thing to do

grim up north

Some of our staff got managers who were leaving cards and gifts as a thank you but as they were on the sick, the managers never came in to receive them or say goodbye to their staff.

snowyowl

The same scenario is being played out across the United Kingdom and will continue Depot by Depot, Store by Store but don't worry I have yet to meet anybody who following leaving Tosco was not over the moon to have done so. The shame of it is if we had a Union to speak of we might at least left with a modicum of dignity. B*ST*RDS  >:(

Arizonarugby

The union is in the pockets of Tesco, I know for a fact that senior Tesco managers attended the USDAW ADM and plied them with copious amount if free alcohol - and we wonder why our reps agree to everything Tesco ask !!!!!

snowyowl

It's time to set Usbore free.  >:(

Equalizer87

Quote from: grim up north on 30-04-17, 12:24PM

Some of our staff got managers who were leaving cards and gifts as a thank you but as they were on the sick, the managers never came in to receive them or say goodbye to their staff.

It probably does seem very selfish of them to do that, but remember these managers have probably had enough just as the rest of us.  Certainly I can understand why they may have just thought "f*** it" and not bothered returning. Nice gesture by your staff but the manager wasn't to know and I'm pretty sure if you caught up with them afterwards they could well give you those reasons.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Arizonarugby

I would like to like to wish all those managers and Clerk who are currently undergoing wave 2 of the restructure, please do not think that this will be last job losses, the next people to hit will be the clerical team, which will be reduced by 50 %

Billy Budd

Clerical reduced by 50?!?.....Is this 100% true???

JL

Wouldnt be surprised about the clerical after the delay with the bonus letters etc.

CoffeeGate

Has the second wave now started?

picktocube

Quote from: JL on 18-05-17, 12:53PM
Wouldnt be surprised about the clerical after the delay with the bonus letters etc.

I believe Arizonarugby is referring to the clerical staff at DCs. They would of had absolutely nothing to do with the bonus letters.

JL

When is the next management restructure for nights my store is a mess. They are not replacing any management who leave and some departments are left without any staff. It is now the managers decision every night what work to leave. My hope is more of my LMs go and it is only the assistants. Then we will see if the place shuts or they give us a day manager temporary. None of them want to do nights though.

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Billy Budd on 18-05-17, 11:51AM
Yes Billy Budd, I believe this to be 100 % true, with in the next 12 months, the clerical teams will
Be reduced by 50, when the me booking in and gatehouse systems are introduced

rob7529

Hi Arizona, what is the ME Booking in and gatehouse restructure

Billy Budd

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 18-05-17, 03:19PM
Quote from: Billy Budd on 18-05-17, 11:51AM
Yes Billy Budd, I believe this to be 100 % true, with in the next 12 months, the clerical teams will
Be reduced by 50, when the me booking in and gatehouse systems are introduced

Very sad to hear this Arizona...Some of my friends are clerical and they are unaware this grenade is gonna being thrown at them...:(

dilligaf

Can anyone give a rough guide as to what this ME gatehouse thing is please??

Arizonarugby

Basically, the suppliers / hauliers will key or scam their booking reference and the barrier , the system will then direct the vehicle to a bay, the driver will back on to a bay and put his keys in a traka cabinet, this will then release the bay for unloading / in short the this will replace the booking in clerks job.

There is also an enhancement in TIMS that will replace the exceptions clerks role i.e. If over delivered the system will advise the grid : floor walker what to do with the stock - as opposed to the grid walker checking the stock printing the exception report and passing in to the exceptions clerks - making these 2 roles / task redundant.

There are also plans to automate some of the system clerks role as well i.e. Running HI reports etc.

So the likelihood is that the clerical team will be reduced to 1 Clerk per shift in the near future

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk