News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:03PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 288
Total: 290

Lloyds pharmacy

Started by Nomad, 14-12-18, 10:29AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casie

Just to say, I work in Tosco Pharmacy and unless I know the person, then I don't ask them to sign. The reason is that there are a lot of people who come to the pharmacy claiming that they or their representative “haven't collected my medication". Many times they have forgotten the meds in their car or left it in the shopping trolley. Without a signed prescription, it is our word against theirs and possibly the re-issue of a bag of expensive medication. With a signed prescription, there is no discussion except to say go and look for it or go back to your doctor. So although I understand the Ops predicament I also see it from the other side. Peter continues makes it bad for Paul.

Nomad

Pharmacists and assistants only need to adhere to NHS rules, if that causes problems then they or their 'masters' need to campaign for a rule change.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Red Rock

Don't see the problem in signing for your prescriptions if that is the rules required by the pharmacy.  End off, stop being a drammer queen.

Nomad

Don't see the problem in not signing as per the rules.  Unlike some I do not blindly obey others who have no basis for their assertions.

"Drammer" Drammer is a new attack that exploits the Rowhammer hardware vulnerability on Android devices. I do not think I need any lessons from somebody who can't spell  :P
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

After thought, what would you call someone who insists you sign a government document that you are not require to sign ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

penguin

You state yourself you've been told your at risk of being banned from the chemist and have been refused medication from the said chemist over this, its not like your being asked to sign the official secrets act or some legal paperwork that will affect your entire life, sometimes its just easier to go along with something that in the grand scheme of things is trivial, still you seem to want to take this to whatever the bitter end will be, one can only wonder why this is so important to you when all your being asked to do is sign a prescription that a company policy on a local level seems to require you to do.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Nomad

"sometimes its just easier to go along with something that in the grand scheme of things is trivial" WHY are they asking if it's trivial ??????

"refused medication" there are official regulatory bodies that take a very serious view of that happening.  No company policy local or otherwise can override government policy.  Read the back of a prescription next time you have one, particularly regarding those who are exempt from paying by reason of age.

I really don't understand 'attacks' on me for sticking to my rights, yet nothing said regarding those who disregard my rights.

You may capitulate over your rights, I do not.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

The Guvnor

Nomad, is the pharmacy based within another retailer or a high street branch?
The Guvnor

Dungivnatoss

Nomad

Within a major supermarket, not Tesco though.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lucgeo

Having read all the arguments for and against signing, the point that a signature is not required, as stated on the back of the script, overrides any "rules" the pharmacy wish to impose. By refusing to issue the meds is a very big concern, as they are acting recklessly and possibly in breach of their " licence" or whatever it is they need to trade. So the stand off is the pharmacy are as stubborn to prove their point, as Nomad is in excercising his right to refuse to sign.

If a pharmacy refused to issue my medication based on these grounds, I would ask to speak to the manager and insist they issued them or put in writing that they are refusing the release of my medication stating their reason why??

It's all well and good saying, just do it or is it worth all the hassle?? Complacency results in erosion of rights, as seen daily in the workplace etc....

"GO NOMAD...GO NOMAD"
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Nomad

lucgeo, Oh I am going, have no doubt on that.

The problem I had, which was also very annoying, any "discussion" the pharmacist felt was not going his way as regards signing he would go to the far end of the pharmacy, the small supermarket booth type, which meant the only way to see him was by leaning forward, and at such time he would just repeat in a very dismissive and arrogant manner "I'm not talking to you".

Excellent customer relations NOT.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

penguin

Quote from: Nomad on 30-12-18, 08:36PM
"sometimes its just easier to go along with something that in the grand scheme of things is trivial" WHY are they asking if it's trivial ??????

"refused medication" there are official regulatory bodies that take a very serious view of that happening.  No company policy local or otherwise can override government policy.  Read the back of a prescription next time you have one, particularly regarding those who are exempt from paying by reason of age.

I really don't understand 'attacks' on me for sticking to my rights, yet nothing said regarding those who disregard my rights.

You may capitulate over your rights, I do not.

Well speaking for myself I can't say my comments were meant as attacks and can only say sorry if thats how it has been taken, however the fact remains you and I are never going to agree on this one, I still think taking the issue as far as you have is a waste of your time, all it is doing is causing you problems. I get that you have the right not to sign the form, but why is it so important to you. It is not as if it will affect your life in any way shape or form once you leave the shop is it.

Nomad

penguin, I don't think we will as you 'seem' to come at it from a company point of view and I from the individual's view.

"I get that you have the right not to sign the form, but why is it so important to you."

Turn that question round, why do you think it is important to them that I do ? .  Bearing in mind that I do on a few occasions use two other companies pharmacies, one being Boots and the other lesser known.  Neither are concerned with my refusal not to sign as is my right.  They do ask but accept instantly my right not to.

Sorry I cannot fathom out your reason for your stance.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Customer abuse of staff from another topic leads me to ask for opinions.

What, if anything, should happen to staff who through ignorance of their job role, or malice leads them to 'abuse' customers  :question:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Update: still ongoing.

Reminds me of my 3 year battle with Tesco, which I won in the end  :)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

optout

I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

tumshie

How's the battle going Nomad?

Nomad

Ongoing tumshie, just as I expected.  They refuse to communicate in the hope that one will give up and go away, well that's not going to happen.

optout, I do know of that regulatory body and have read a lot on their website.  myself and a number of like minded others are collecting what could be damaging/damning evidence.

Will update when able, but after 3 year battle with Tesco I'm expecting to have to play the long 'game'.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

A government regulatory body now involved.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

WorkingMummy

Petty petty petty. Wouldn’t it the easier to sign rather than spend three years arguing about something so trivial.

Each pharmacy has their own guidelines that help them adhere to NHS rules, if its in their guidelines to get prescriptions sign that they need to. I guess it could be to make sure they have checked the exemption or to avoid people coming back claiming they haven’t had their medicine.

Nomad

I'm sorry WorkingMummy you obviously do not understand the difference between company guidelines and NHS rules which form part of a contract.

By what kind of logic does one adhere to NHS rules by breaking one of their (NHS) rules.  If a conflict exists then it should be resolved between the pharmacy and the NHS, not the pharmacy and its customers.

Are you related to penguin ?  :)

PS. I suggest you read the part of the prescription which lays out the requirements over signing, which by the way is a NHS document supplied by a NHS GP.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Ongoing, may or may not be nearing end game.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

honeybunch

Well I signed for my prescription the other day only to be told that I didn't need to due to my age.  I felt like Methusula 😂
Life is too short to stuff a mushroom!

Nomad

Why is signing made into a big thing by some pharmacists, yet there are those who know and accept NHS rules.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

penguin

Quote from: Nomad on 12-05-19, 11:44AM
Ongoing, may or may not be nearing end game.

Six months on from when you first posted and its still ongoing, I know you and I have totally different views on this but that really is unbelievable that this has not been sorted out one way or another.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk