News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:51PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,127
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 292
Total: 294

MYSHIFT

Started by extrastore, 10-02-20, 10:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic

extrastore

I have just looked at my shifts on MYSHIFT and it bears no relationship to the shifts I have already worked and the future shifts. I work the same exact shifts and hours every week so why does MYSHIFT not reflect this?

Morris999

Will depend on afew things, has your store actually gone live yet?
Each Store has been given a live date, but have been told to inform colleagues beforehand, so some of the data will be there but not all of it will be correct yet.

Secondly it will depend if you are a flexi colleague or fixed.  If a flexi colleague it will only show the shifts that your manager has put into the tablet, if your manager is poor at this, then again it will be wrong.

If a fixed colleague and your store is live then I'd check that your hours are correct on hram(wages) and that your manager hasn't done any changes to the tablet.

Regardless of what's on the tablet you should be paid for what you actually work and clock in for.
Some managers are going to be in for a shock with this if they cannot be bothered to do the basics on the tablet!

madness

I particularly enjoy building a rota on the tablet, doing an excel version for in store to print as colleagues and managers prefer it
Editing the register that wages print out and want edited for overtime change of hours for their audit
and doing the individual agreed hours meeting sheets that start on a Sunday but the tablet works Mon-sun so you end up with cross week info.

[admin]No help to the question in the OP.[/admin]

Teddybonkers

Who cares??? Not what was asked.

madness

I maybe forgot in my post above that it was all typed in sarastic mode.

Ie that is the reason the my shift doesn't match up with shifts people think they are doing. There are 4 different variables that an all make someone think they are working a different shift.

londoner83

Think the plan at the moment is just to get you used to logging in. Long term I'm sure it will match your availability to tasks that need doing in store and move your hours around within your flexibility window

Siwel123

Have you got a link as I can't find it on ourtesco?

renown

person7

Ourtesco.com/my-shift then sign in.

Mine says I have time off Thursday... I don't even work Thursdays! It's wrong for me too.

Says I work 7.25 Mondays but I only get paid and do 7!

Wheres the extra £9 a month then for the 4 weeks extra 15 mins 😂

Siwel123

Thank you, using the /my shift has worked

Redshoes

The brief is that there should still be paper schedules in Depts. Have a look what it says on the paper schedule. Speak to your manager. If checkouts speak to team support. It's not going to perfect from day one and as it largely just tells you detail that has been put in by a manager of team support it will never be 100% as we still employ humans.
It will depend on how far ahead your store is with the planning. The aim is to be four wks but we are constantly chasing one or two in our store to request overtime. Once requested and confirmed the overtime shifts need to be put against names. When people ring in sick they need to be taken out as either paid or unpaid. If unpaid they can be covered for but if paid overtime needs to be requested.
Holidays should be in but again this needs to be at least four wks out. We should all be more than this but at this time of year we are always chasing the odd days, can be from extra days earned for time spent with company. Time for sick during booked holiday or simply days unbooked or forgotten holidays that people clocked in for.
If your contracted shifts are different to what shows on the register and have not been amended this will need to be fixed. It's a matter of finding out if a register or input error. Then, if your store has not officially gone live yet there may be errors. We were told wk 1 but can view before then.
So many variables, so best thing to do is start with paper schedule and then ask your manager.

Mouse

It was working fine until I tried to put it on home screen now it won't load at all

Yogurt

There shouldn't be paper copies of Rotas available.  If you are on a flexible contract you should do doing your core and your addition hours should be recorded on a record of hours sheet.  You should not have access to other peoples shift pattern due to GDPR.  So when the tablet was introduced all paper Rotas should have been removed.  There will be some IT issues will it but in general the shifts on it should reflect what you have been asked to do. 

gomezz

Be able to see other people's shift pattern is useful for knowing who to ask to do a shift swap with.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Long gone

Hang on a minute, I don't work for the company anymore but now you have something where your shifts are allocated to you via a phone app or a computer ? What ever happened to the management just telling you what time you were in or god forbid have something simple like a rota up on display. Why are they making things unnecessarily difficult ? It's like when they stopped handing out paper wage slips and went online with them and half of our store didn't have a smartphone or a computer because they were a certain age or demographic, so never knew what they were earning, they were also refused help and not allowed to look at them in store either. It's absolutely pathetic

londoner83

It's due to data protection laws that prevent others from seeing your shifts. Person A has no right to know when Person B is starting, is in or is finishing work.

Redshoes

A paper rota should still be available, it should just not be on open view and should not include full last name. Brief about roll out of move to app states that paper rota should still be in place.

Redshoes

myShift should not replace any current existing routines. Managers should still print out paper rotas
As on brief.

madness

It would be nice if hram talked to the tablet properly, or vice versa.

Long gone

Someone must have complained about Rotas and then head office have stepped in, what a joke. I mean I used to look at rotas in disgust at how everyone finished at 2 every day and I had to stay until 10 and do all the jobs no one else wanted to do or more often than not, couldn't do!

Redshoes

New wages system launching, it might talk to tablet better, we will have to wait and see.

gomezz

"It's due to data protection laws that prevent others from seeing your shifts. Person A has no right to know when Person B is starting, is in or is finishing work."

I think that is rubbish.  Does that mean we should also wear blindfolds or blinkers while working so we do no see who else is working alongside us?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Expressdude2016

Nothing what so ever to do with Data Protection law as this kind of information is not personal and does not come under GDPR.

Redshoes

A rota should not be on open view.  We should not be telling customers that Susan is next in on Saturday and what her shift is. We should not put Susan Smith on rota but we can put Susan S so she is not confused with Susan J. We should not tannoy them by full name but we can tannoy Susan to the CSD or a colleague from Non-Food. We don't give out mobile numbers or any other personal details we have but we can give out the generic store email address or the community email to customers asking about community.
At the moment most checkout Depts I have seen write out a daily shift pattern and a break sheet. This should not be on open view but it's ok in a book or folder. There may well become a time when this can be printed but at the moment it's not really user friendly to do just from the tablet.
Other depts need the information added to the tablet but everyone I have seen works it out on paper and then feeds that information into the tablet and this will then in turn go to the app. It still starts on paper. The app is a handy aid to shifts when not in work. We get a few who forget and ring in to ask what time they had agreed to work. We also have a couple of people who have come to work when booked off on holiday. i have also seen people adamant that they have not booked holiday and even when shown the holiday form request it must still be a mistake but we still employ humans and will continue to do so. As such we have mistakes, changes of mind and a whole host of other things to contend with. To have no paper copy would just cause more confusion and errors.

sammy

How does my shift work, is it the data put in from pay role or is it what managers put in? 4 weeks ago I had to fill in a change of hours form only moving my shift by 45 minutes for each shift I do, at the top on my shift for this week going forward I’ve lost 4 hours a week, the shifts now on the correct time so I’m guessing they’ve put me down for much longer breaks , does that mean I going to lose 4 hours a week pay?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk