News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-03-24, 03:26AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 37,969
  • Total Topics: 622
  • Online today: 80
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 85
Total: 85

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornimans135

Reply to #339
Has anyone heard anymore about this?
Have heard a rumour about Tesco making a big statement at the end of the month.

Mickymouse1962

I expect bakery going part back Pfs going pay at pump all security going agency

beentheredoneit

There is no doubt that this, the final of Daves changes, will be substantial.
Lots of theories, but no-one will know until they are supposed to.
Possibly bring smaller superstores into metro style management - team managers to shift leaders?
beentheredoneit

Hamish

I heard rumours again of bakery's, space range and merchandising all being affected. Same every year just waiting to see who's next.

heyyouguys

Our SD rep said at the last meeting something going to happen but was embargoed until the anouncment

StinkyPoo

Hoping it's pi, most nights there's hardly any work!

Mickymouse1962

Heard from a union official high up security are going this time and bakery possible pfs going just pay at pump

Siwel123

I don't get pfs going to full pay at pump, as ours seems to take a lsrge amount of instore cash transactions plus cigarattes and meal deals all sell really well in store.

londoner83

Dont see how you can cut PI unless it's part of a bigger plan. On both Jason Tarry's Yammer chats, various people have asked why do we bother with promotion changes?

If the business adapted a aldi/lidl model and didnt have promotions you could save huge sums on replenishment and PI wages, stock could also be controlled easier without spikes and dips from the current promo cycle.

lordadmiral

We had to hire extra hours for PI and on top of that  nights H&B took over role aswell. We never had so many PI hours in the history but still when it comes to promo change its c**p. Always something is missing:D

Gymbunny

I am so hoping the bakeries are going.
34 yrs is long enough.

proudscot

Surely the bakery is going poor sales no investment for years no new products for ages  :question: :question:

Jethro

Maybe next time

Samuel137

Anyone hear any news about the meeting then?

Hammer10

Bakery won't be going new confectionary ovens being rolled out and brioche buns coming in the summer for scratch bakeries.

trolleyboy96

Morrisons have an over inflated and cheaper management structure. I have a relative that works there, service manager, pi manager, stock control manager, cash office manager in bigger stores as smaller stores don't have them also going. Teams to work for other managers or merged into other teams. Services and cash office report to checkouts, pi move to night team, stock control move to grocery or fresh depending on hours/roles.

So nothing we haven't already seen within tesco.

Blackcat3

Our pi team is only busy on promo night

Toff

:thumbup:

StinkyPoo

Blackcat3, snap! Most nights it's hardly worth going in. All we do is help out filling and then people moan they don't have enough to do themselves.

Trystan1988

I work in PFS and I honestly hope they offer redundancy. During the day there's very little work to be done as its left to the poor sod in overnight to so, paying someone to be in every night and not serve must be losing money badly

anais

I also work in the pfs , I realy do hope it will go pay at the pump . With all the drive offs and no means to pay Tesco are losing out .This section does not require a manager as it runs it self if you have good staff

Bonny Heather

Jason Tarry has said on Yammer this week that PFS will not be going to pay at pump only

The hooch

Any news on remaining superstore night teams going to twilight ...I live in hope 🤞

Jethro

Dont think anyone on here knows anything about anything at  the moment,  nothing's leaked for ages

NightAndDay

Shift leader/TM structure change looks likely to be announced for superstore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk