News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:27AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 216
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 210
Total: 214

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeanie

Do you know you can also put towards the cost of your funeral by using your Clubcard vouchers through Freetime.

Anne

Ewwwwwww, morbid!

Tilltart

Lol I'll have the fake pine tesco Value one then with the blue and white striped cloth intererior

if I was an animal I'd be a Teddy Bear YAR!

Little Tinker

Tesco benefits----- Seeing Mr t getting a massive pay rise,while we circum navigate our bank accounts......EMPTY 1 MONTH FULL NEXT MONTH...EMPTY 1 MONTH FULL NEXT MONTH.....TERRY'S BANK ACCOUNT.....FULL 1 MONTH FULLER NEXT MONTH.....FULL 1 MONTH BURSTING NEXT MONTH....more good work well paid for i think,,,,,,NOT...

Tesco's best buy's ******** Buy 1 get 259.636 shares------ free !!!!!!!!!!

crabbit

Mrs, this topic started off full of optimism, and 1 post from you and everyone now is a pessimist. :( :(
Tesco delivering value to its staff, Aye right
Like the idea of the coffin though, Tesco will probably claim it is an enviromentally friendly way to dispose of those unwanted "loved" one`s >:D    :P    :P
Bloody hell just noticed the dates on these posts, think i`ve been frozen by Tesco ( needs of the business) and thawed out in time for Easter ;D ;D
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

The Mrs

Sorry Crabbit. I would have loved to say how wonderful the Tesco Freetime is, that they saved me money on my holiday, but I speak as I find. It really annoys me when Tesco say they are giving you something - when quite clearly they are not.  :(

The Mrs (Administrator)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much. Walter Lippman

Biffer

I did actually go on the link for XL Airlines to see if i could get a 10% reduction off the web fare...............Yippee, you do get 10% off.
Booooo........if you like catching planes in the middle of the night :(

Always up...........
Never down
Biffer ( Moderator)

TONKA

I`d rather fly at night, you cant see what youre going to crash in to ;D ;D

Tonka (Administrator)

Bring me a shrubery

People can ya please help me ?

How do i get a new privilage card ? i was chucking a couple of old credit n debit cards in the shredder and i realised that i accidentally put my s*dding privilage card in shredder. I have asked my manager on a number of times but its like banging my head against the f***ing wall lol.

So can some1 please help me !! Ta =D

Smoke + Drink = Tesco !

Biffer

tesco Mafia. try your Personnel department, but if that fails, try the Clubcard help line or the website.
www.peopleattesco.com Password. mybenefits. ID.Tesco

Always up...........
Never down
Biffer ( Moderator)

spot

you should have reported it stolen

say that if anyone found it tesco would be giving discount to any tom dick and harry

i'm sure they will soon send you a new one

jeanie

don't call the clubcard line they cant send one out to you.

you can also email staff.discount@uk.tesco.com

it can take up to 3 weeks.

:)

a woman has the age she deserves

biggmark

well to be perfectly honest the benefits from tesco are a lot better than most places that i`ve worked,10% discount on shopping(better than full costs),full sick pay(depending when u started),very good pension(if u stay long enough),free shares(albeit u got to wait 5yrs to get then tax-free),free uniform(some companies charge u)no doubt there will be other benefits,i worked for an employer that didnt pay sick all u got was ssp,no pension,no uniform,shares lol that`ll be right,only probs i see is base rate of pay is barely above the min rate and were treated like s*it

IHATETESCO

Using your vouchers, etc is more useful with thee clubcard token scheme. We have been to Paris on the Eurostar 6 times this year and all thanks to us shopping at tEsco and saving the vouchers.
Going to Bruges next !!!

Oneboxwonder

quote:
Originally posted by biggmark

well to be perfectly honest the benefits from tesco are a lot better than most places that i`ve worked,10% discount on shopping(better than full costs),full sick pay(depending when u started),very good pension(if u stay long enough),free shares(albeit u got to wait 5yrs to get then tax-free),free uniform(some companies charge u)no doubt there will be other benefits,i worked for an employer that didnt pay sick all u got was ssp,no pension,no uniform,shares lol that`ll be right,only probs i see is base rate of pay is barely above the min rate and were treated like s*it

You have to remember the free shares are free.  So you can cash them in after three years and you get cheque for about 2/3rds and the rest on wages with tax.  What you loose is marginal as they were free in the first place.  I think really we should just want for a payrise on the hourly rate instead of the free shares, as you can loose part of these if you leave early in the finacial year, and with the extra money you/we would benefit more and more often ;)

If I put on one box, it IS a wonder...inspired by an observed collegue
OBW ( Moderator )

jastared

It has to be said that the satff benefits at TESCO are nothing short of amazingly outstanding and gives you a real sense of pride that you are helping to build and gain from the number 1 supermarket in this country.

-
Remember to live the values -
No one trys harder for their customers.

Basoo9

Oh no , not the same silly spelling mistakes as well! Troll alert. :(

La Lutta Continua

Welsh-Hugh

Ooh what it must be like to have all the benefits. 10 per cent off etc etc.
As i work at Chepstow DC we dont get anything as we are so bad not accepting there T & Cs. So as we dont get discount we dont shop at Tesco. Would rather give Morrisons and Asda our money, Somehow dont see Tesco logic.Every little helps.

Dannic

Hi Welsh-Hugh @ Doncaster We have managed to aquire all the tesco benefits without losing our old T & C'S. Our Stewards put a grievance againts the company, because it says in the tesco handbook you will recieve all benefits after one years service regardless of what your T & C'S are.

pmcoffee

On the T*sco benefits website it is currently showing a special offer on motor insurance that if you quote a special code you will get £50 cash back on your car insurance .
Well I quoted the code and the car insurance lady said "Nope, no such offer" then when I said "It's on the T*sco staff website". "I don't work for them so I can't check it" :'(
So I'm back at work tomorrow with a print out of the offer, does anyone on here work for TPF or staff benefits?
Does anyone from Union think it might be a grievance matter- to be advertised a benefit that is not actually available? £50 is a lot of money. :'(

pmcoffee

Is there anyone you've heard about actually managed to get a room in a Ramada hotel for just £25? One of the latest staff benefits (?))

I've spent a good while putting in all my off-duties and holidays and none of them are available at the promoted rate. :'(

Probably some top bod in benefits dept got a night there for £25 and that's it.  ???

The Mrs

I think that offer ended on 10th December, I can't see it on the staff site. Now it's showing a £50 gift card but it's only on Life Insurance policies.

pmcoffee

the cashback offer states in the t&c 11th Dec 2008 to 4th Feb 2009 If you look under "price match plus" in personal finance (https://www.peopleattesco.com/02_personal_finance/benefits_02.1_tesco_personal_finance.asp)

The ramada one is "splashed" on the 'new & special' page

https://www.peopleattesco.com/benefits/special/new.asp

The Mrs

Ooh yes, they started a new one the day after the last one finished. I'd try ringing them again, if you get the same answer ask to speak to a Manager.

roswell

hi im wondering if anyone can help. I have some shares i would like to sell, they are the free ones we get. I have some that are free of tax and n.i on 14 may but also want to sell some that i'll have to pay tax on, what i want to know is if i instruct to sell say on the 15 may 09 roughly how long b4 i see the money, its just im selling them to pay for a holiday that needs payed by 10 june so need to have money by then.

thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk