News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:41PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 291
Total: 295

Height of hypocracy

Started by Nomad, 05-08-17, 02:14PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4758454/Tesco-objects-Aldi-setting-Cotswold-town-store.html

QuoteSupermarket WARS! Tesco objects to Aldi setting up shop in a Cotswold town where it has THREE of its own stores because it would harm 'local independent traders'
QuoteLocal resident Karen Maggs said: 'I don't think Tesco should be allowed to comment on any proposed supermarkets as they are the biggest culprits for taking business from other shops.'

Sue Scott, who lives in nearby Stow-on-the-Wold, added: 'What hypocrites.

'Tesco refuted that they would affect independent retailers when they wanted to build at Stow, but now THEY don't want another supermarket.'

Unbelievable  :o
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

OvaSees

Lost for words, you really could not make this up. A bit different now the boot is on the other foot. If Aldi gets the go ahead that's karma and yet another sign of Tesco's fall from grace.

Equalizer87

Tesco are up their own arses.  Complaining that competition in moving in on their patch, what do they think the local shopkeepers were saying when they did the same thing???

f*** off Tesco!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Spidercatcher

Agree with everything said here. Who the hell do they think they are!!!

PETE_M

All the supermarkets do it to each other. Asda has just done the same with an Aldi application near me, claiming it will harm the viability of the town centre.... (like their megastore the size of several football pitches doesn't) Yes the hypocrisy is total and rife here. I've seen Aldi complain about a rivals application too. What's good for the goose...

lackofinterest

Quote from: Equalizer87 on 05-08-17, 05:10PM
Tesco are up their own arses.  Complaining that competition in moving in on their patch, what do they think the local shopkeepers were saying when they did the same thing???

f*** off Tesco!
hypocritical twats. hope their objection fails big time!  :thumbup:

OpShunned

The overarching vista for me is the Booker merger proposal.  The amount of street space occupied by that lot would be immense. There would be a stone's throw between many of the stores. It will represent the biggest carve up known if it goes ahead, putting many independent shopkeepers at the mercy of the Tesker tentacles.

Yes, hypocrisy but what do you expect from this lot? Being the biggest dog on the patch for many a year has turned them into an evil outfit which feels it it can do whatever it manifestly justifies to remain the biggest slice of pie in the window.

The general public may turn on them pretty soon.

blutopia

OpShunned - I think you're right to mention the Booker merger.  If the merger is allowed to go ahead, I fully expect it to radically change Tesco with Expresses being franchised and for Drastic to take a large cut of the proceeds before heading off to slash and burn some other unfortunate business.  I don't think Drastic has a clue how to beat the opposition in terms of Tesco's retail offer and is entirely relying on the merger to fund his way out of Tesco.  Expect a lot of behind the scenes skulduggery to nobble the competition inquiry.

OpShunned

... and it wouldn't surprise me if the reward for Booker's Charles, is that he inherits the big seat when the merger takes place with Drastic clambering off to another host for his special parasitic treatment, taking that number '2' who is really number 1 with him. The real nasty piece of work here is Alan Stewart. It's only my opinion but I believe this number-crunching slash merchant is the real brains behind the decision that is putting you and me out of work. I have no proof, I have no evidence but he is walking away every year with some real big wage packets for work rendered.

There has a been a cold-blooded, ruthless approach to the axe-wielding with no empathy whatsoever applied. Stewart is the chief finance guy who drives the vehicle that Drastic supposedly skipppers. Pair of c nuts the pair of 'em. I hope they meet with something nasty themselves. Karma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duracell

I'm not sure who has influence over what the monopoly commission decide, if the government and the recent inland revenue gains from us and the potential to decide to make it permanent play a part.. the booker deal will be approved... it shouldn't be but the different approach by the company in how we are paid a yearly bonus may have influence.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

darklighter

I welcome, Aldi. Lidl, Amazon, competition is a good thing and mean that Tosco is not the only game in town regarding getting a job.  All those experienced workers they are forcing out the door would be welcomed by other markets as fully trained and a good prospect as an employee.

redders

JL

OpShunned

Quote from: OpShunned on 06-08-17, 04:00PM
... and it wouldn't surprise me if the reward for Booker's Charles, is that he inherits the big seat when the merger takes place with Drastic clambering off to another host for his special parasitic treatment, taking that number '2' who is really number 1 with him. The real nasty piece of work here is Alan Stewart. It's only my opinion but I believe this number-crunching slash merchant is the real brains behind the decision that is putting you and me out of work. I have no proof, I have no evidence but he is walking away every year with some real big wage packets for work rendered.

There has a been a cold-blooded, ruthless approach to the axe-wielding with no empathy whatsoever applied. Stewart is the chief finance guy who drives the vehicle that Drastic supposedly skipppers. Pair of c nuts the pair of 'em. I hope they meet with something nasty themselves. Karma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear colleagues,

Today, we enter the final stages for the approval of our merger with Booker and, as we prepare for the shareholder vote at the end of this month, I wanted to make you aware of a forthcoming change to the Tesco Executive Committee.

After nearly 3 years with Tesco, Matt Davies will leave us at the end of April and, following completion of the merger with Booker (which we expect to be on 5 March), Charles Wilson will assume the role of CEO for all of our UK and ROI retail and wholesale operations.

Matt and I have been discussing this for some time now against his desire to return to the North West and pursue a Non-executive career. As we embark on the next phase of the Tesco journey, this is the right time to support Matt's personal ambitions and to ensure Charles is at the very heart of how we take our business forward following the merger.

I'm delighted to welcome Charles to the Executive team and, as we embark on the next chapter of the turnaround, his outstanding track record in the UK retail and wholesale marketplace will bring real expertise to our business.

It has been a real pleasure working with Matt. His contribution to turning Tesco around has been tremendous and on behalf of everyone, I'd like to thank him for that. Whilst I am sad to see him go, I fully understand his desire to be back full time in Manchester with his family. We wish him well with all that lies ahead.

Matt said:

"It has been a pleasure and a privilege to have been a Tesco colleague over the past 3 years and I'm immensely proud of what we have achieved together. There is a lot more for me to do over the coming weeks and following the completion of the merger with Booker, I look forward to supporting Charles in taking on his new role."

As we close out our financial year this month and complete the merger, I would ask you to ensure we maintain our customer focus and business momentum.

Thank you for your continuing support.

Dave

No more banal thoughts for the week. On yer Bike Matt, back to Halfords.

Welcome Charles, your future Tesco Supremo. >:D

Welshie

Op said it all . This is happening in a town that already has 3 Tesco and that is the problem , they ate putting themselves out of business, they are in competition with themselves and it will only get worse when they take over Booker.  Our store use to thrive 24hrs a day then over the years they opened more stores near us and just had mote overheads for the same amount of customers  as people stopped travelling

OvaSees

The writing was on the wall for Matt as soon as the deal was agreed - Booker boss to head up the UK and possibly succeed Drastic as group CEO. These deals are done on golf courses.

Now the UK will have no retailer whatsoever and be led by a wholesaler - prepare for more 'simplification' through 'synergies'. Whatever happened to 'making Tesco great again'?

FatFraz

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/02/05/booker-boss-charles-wilson-lead-tesco-uk-confirms-profits-track/

Wilson/Pro Patsy grinning like a Cheshire cat  ;D. He may not be grinning when he notices what Dave and Matt have left him with. The only one who's laughing up his sleeve is Matt who is riding his bike into the sunset. Not bad when you can hold down a job for only 3 years and then decided you've had enough. What he has earned in those years will be more than your PT GAs earn in a life time. They need to start supporting those at the bottom not messing them about when they are scrapping the barrel as it is.  Share price down on the the back of the announcement. Matt will have to shop in the Manchester Aldi with no Tesco wage coming in.

mexicopete

Quote from: OvaSees on 05-02-18, 08:50AM
The writing was on the wall for Matt as soon as the deal was agreed - Booker boss to head up the UK and possibly succeed Drastic as group CEO. These deals are done on golf courses.

Now the UK will have no retailer whatsoever and be led by a wholesaler - prepare for more 'simplification' through 'synergies'. Whatever happened to 'making Tesco great again'?

We wish him well with all that lies ahead. If they the word that to the word the in this sentence it just about covers what has been going on since the day the idiot child began working at Tosco 3 years ago. ;) ;) ;)

The worlds me lobster

Nomad

"We wish him well with all that lies ahead. If they the word that to the word the in this sentence it just about covers"

What the  ???
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

JL

The stabilisers weren't working when he was at Tesco.

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

mexicopete

Quote from: Nomad on 05-02-18, 02:19PM
"We wish him well with all that lies ahead. If they the word that to the word the in this sentence it just about covers"

What the  ???

Sorry Nomad it should have read If they change the word that to the word the in this sentence it just about covers what has been going on since the day the idiot child began working at Tosco 3 years ago. :( :(
The worlds me lobster

blutopia

Will he get a pay-off now that Carillion is supposedly being investigated for doing that when they had a large pension deficit?

optout

@MexicoPete

I see you are close to 1000 posts. Be careful because when I hit 1000 posts, that same night there was a thunderous knock at the back-door and a bodybuilder type with chiseled jaw, calling himself NOMAD OF THE JUNGLE (yes he yelled it out), whisked me off into a stretched-limo. A few days later I woke up in a skip outside the back of a chippy in Carlisle???? hint....I don't live anywhere near Carlisle.

Just sayin, be careful and keep a couple of spare man-nappies in ya pocket (learn from my mistakes). (-*-)
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

penguin

In our store thought for the week will continue, as our clown of a store manager has started writing his own version each week that he puts on a massive notice board,. next to Matt Davis version, and goes to the trouble of sending a copy to Matt Davis and various other senior managers each week. Nice to see our boss has got time for this sort of rubbish while the rest of us are busy doing some useful work.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk